PDA

View Full Version : item stacking effects

crazyninjaNZ
04-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Whats the up with the effects of equipping the same item twice, in the past it worked, and I spent time and money specifically setting up my characters with legendary items of the same type to double the effects, can someone please explain.

HolyToledo
04-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Hi! Thanks for bringing that up.

That was an unintended consequence of another balance change that we put in for the last update. It will be reverted in the next update. We are testing that update now and hope to release it soon.

Note that you will not be able to stack identical items anymore, but you will be able to stack items in the same chain, so purple poison & orange poison items can be equipped to the same character, but not two orange poisons. The fix will make those work as they used to, stacking the effect, etc.

Also, if you already have three identical items equipped, we won't take them from you. They will remain in place.

Thanks!!

crazyninjaNZ
04-25-2014, 10:21 PM
So my two identical orange items will stack up and work as they did before?

HolyToledo
04-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Yes, the items function as they did before. From now on, you will not be able to stack identical items, but the effect of the items will compound as they did before. Stacking three orange items was just a bit too powerful and affected the balance too much. So it is a soft nerf, so to speak...

Hope that helps. The distinction here is the difference between an item and the item's applied effects. Typically called "status effects", they're visualized by the icons that line up under the fighter icons in battle.

Sorry if that makes no sense. :) It has been a long sleepless week for most of us and we are all a little delirious. That last update will likely be our biggest, most drastic update. (We hope!)