PDA

View Full Version : Champion Khan

AntoinePrince
08-04-2015, 11:52 PM
In case devs haven't noticed yet...
Sword and shield champ seems incredibly over powered...
Speed increase + high damage + high health?
Doesn't seem like it makes too much sense...
Was enjoying the game, and this match alone makes me no longer want to play.
Maybe I was queued up with really high level people, but our team couldn't even leave our spawn point... 3 trumpet guys = game over...

Recker_Brandon
08-05-2015, 04:24 AM
I agree he is the over powered champion with all of his buffs

cdvossxx
08-05-2015, 09:50 AM
This character, with all of his buffs and workout training, becomes way too much to handle for any individual player. Even with a full team of 4 non bot characters it took a while to finally defeat him. The large amount of health that Khan can aquire is ridiculous compared to the other champions. This needs to be nerfed a bit and scaled down for balance purposes

SirFizzyWo
08-05-2015, 10:26 AM
i usually make pretty short work of khan using nexi. her debuff makes her cut through him like paper, and im noticing that in grpup fights, shes almost unkillable. if they fix the workouts, she might be OP. even now shes really strong

Livingbiohazard
08-05-2015, 12:48 PM
He's a cool character but when theirs a team of two he's to much. And sometimes even alone. He can heal himself and outrun everyone, also the pocket healing of khan is getting out of hand.

nukland
08-05-2015, 08:14 PM
I faced a team of 4 khans in a game of annihilation and it was practically impossible to kill any of them since they all stuck together. I agree that he needs a nerf.

ChronoJoe
08-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Agree, overpowered.

Wouldn't be so if this were a traditional moba, since he would not be that useful against towers or in team fights, with low range, low dps and no aoe, but as this game doesn't allow players to retreat behind turrets etc. the tanky yet defensive character doesn't have his low dps as a limitation. It does not matter if he does low damage if he can simply close the gap and kill you. Nothing you can do but die.

His dps may be low but his % damage relative to his own health is higher than any other character, additionally he can heal, and his speed boost gives him the best closing in mechanic that this game has. Which is odd, for a defensive character.

I'm okay with him being a tank (perhaps a small nerf) but the fact that he can close the gap so fast, and while healing almost all of his hp, makes him a huge problem. I mostly play kilowatt so I have to save his stun to shut his mobility down when he uses this, but I can never kill him unless he's foolish and decides to pursue me on low HP.

Additionally, when playing Khan myself, I have no problem taking anyone. So far while I avoid the character, my matches have been 12-0, 16-1, 14-0. He's brain dead to play, and even when my opponents fight me skillfully they still lose because I can use battle plan to mediate my mistakes.

I think Battleplan should be swapped with Kilowatts healing ability. It restricts his mobility but heals him and allies, that would make sense sine Khan is supposed to be a slower, defensive character. Kilowatts ability does not make that much sense because it causes him to be immobile, and since he is squishy, it's almost never practical to do so.

MICHH
08-05-2015, 10:14 PM
There is no doubt whatsoever that Khan needs a nerf. One moderately leveled Khan can easily overpower any other champion in a 1v1 situation. A team with 2+ players running Khan is just unbeatable. The only way I have found to get around Khan's buffs are to use Nexi's rending claws, which even then is a tough battle.

Deecep
08-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Personally, I think it should be made so that we can only have 1 of each character, and Khan's HP should be dropped, so that it's not winning every 1v1.
It'd DEFINITELY solve the current khan issue at hand, and possibly stop other issues from other characters.
Khan is a completely dominant force in this game, and there's no argument to be made against it from my point of view. If this character is not extensively nerfed, or a character limit of 1 isn't added, I know of a few players already who will be quitting.

HolyToledo
08-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Hi!

We will be adjusting Khan soon to bring him more in line with other champs. Thanks to everyone for the detailed reports!

SirFizzyWo
08-05-2015, 10:44 PM
maybe im just blind to this as a Nexi player, but ive faced off against a team of 3 khan and 1 killowatt, and while the battle was tough, was far from impossible or unfair. definately required us to work together as a team, but his damage is just so low. Im not saying he doesnt need to be tweaked, but a full on nerf? hes just not THAT good. and for the record, hes my least favorite champ and i agree he is a snore to play due to how little you have to think to play him.

As an aside, i think once the bowling strength workout is fixed, he will be a joke compared to the damage Killowatt, Rook, and Ace will do.

EDIT: just saw HolyToldeo's post. Im honestly sad about this as hes really not tbat bad.....

Jason Rob
08-05-2015, 11:54 PM
I myself Agree that Khan is strong, And while he is hard to deal with, it would be interesting to see how The BOWLING workout would help this situation,

1 As khans main attack, Would heal him more, and do more damage
2 Everyone attacking him would be doing more dmg, Lets say a ROOKS dark bolts, taking 50% of his dmg res etc

The question is not really is Khan broken atm, But would fixing a existing bug of the BOWLING, fix khans problem? or intensify it

SirFizzyWo
08-06-2015, 12:04 AM
gotta say you raise a valid point i hadnt thought of in that khans skills (damage and heals) would increase as well, though as it stands i think what most people are upset about is his buff. the majority of khans damage comes from his basic attack (his skills have long cool downs) coupled with his high defense. new players just dont know all the ins and outs of dealing with him.

still though i think yelling NERF at the top of our lungs on DAY 2 is a bit extreme.....give the game a week or 2, then see what the meta is. if he needs a nerf then, then maybe, but right now? hes fine.

Nodnarb_420
08-06-2015, 05:18 AM
It's wayyy to early to worry about balance. Yes he is strong, but he is far from the only strong character.

His normal attack is slow and does **** dmg and he only has one attack skill, that can wreck when built right. At the same time it can be junk though, all depends on on who you are up against.

Lets just give it some time, let a meta develop, then we can talk balance.

Obmoc
08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
I disagree, khan plays perfect. As an exclusive Khan player nerfing him isn't the answer. The answer is learning how to counter him. The rock wall and other abilities destroy him. Nexi is the yin to his yang. Any abilities that slow him, confuse him, or hinder his movement work really well. Also my khan is leveled up pretty high. I think the problem isn't balance. I think new players need their own play list until they unlock weapons, and all workout tiers. New players just can't compete with players that have leveled characters and know the maps.

AtomicSpatula
08-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Yeah, sure, he may have one weakness, but that usually isn't the case when it comes to normal MOBAs or FPSs. Usually, if a player is skilled enough, they should be able to beat any champ with any other champ. So, nerf isn't the answer? I disagree wholeheartedly. Had a match just now when 1 Khan took out all 4 of us at the same time.

Bottomline: too OP. Perhaps even Meta Knight OP.

SirFizzyWo
08-06-2015, 12:10 PM
@AtomicSpatula
I cant think of a single MOBA where a brand new to MOBA style experience player would ever beat an experienced player, no matter how good they are.

Im not saying you are wrong, im sure exceptions exist. Im just saying thats not the rule of thumb. The hard truth is Khan is far from OP. i beat groups of them that think he is OP all day, ask Bravesire or Deecep or anyone else from the forums who has played with me. They can vouch that what i speak is the truth.

Obmoc
08-06-2015, 12:42 PM
@AtomicSpatula
I cant think of a single MOBA where a brand new to MOBA style experience player would ever beat an experienced player, no matter how good they are.

Im not saying you are wrong, im sure exceptions exist. Im just saying thats not the rule of thumb. The hard truth is Khan is far from OP. i beat groups of them that think he is OP all day, ask Bravesire or Deecep or anyone else from the forums who has played with me. They can vouch that what i speak is the truth.

I completely agree, I've dominated with him, and been dominated by others while using him. It's all about your team strategy and helping each other. Will kahn win a 1v1 sure.... he can heal himself. Why wouldn't he? Players need to stop trying to do their own thing and work as a team.

jahmish
08-06-2015, 12:43 PM
With right workouts khan is an animal it doesn't matter if he does **** dmg if u can't kill him I play khan exclusively and with just t2 workouts your nigh unkillable. 2 khan is enough to go undefeated in annihilation all night 4is insane...

Obmoc
08-06-2015, 12:49 PM
With right workouts khan is an animal it doesn't matter if he does **** dmg if u can't kill him I play khan exclusively and with just t2 workouts your nigh unkillable. 2 khan is enough to go undefeated in annihilation all night 4is insane...

You bring up a valid point. Maybe when my lvl 2 workout Khan dominates he's facing lvl 1 other characters. Maybe the answer isn't a balance issue at all. Maybe it's an information issue for players to determine how to match up better.

What if in the pre match character select lobby we can see each player's level and or a system is created detailing the chosen champion level for each player. So a Khan with lvl 2 workouts is listed as a 2 next to his picture, or the players lvl of 26 etc.. is listed there in the corner of the champion portrait. This would allow players to match up better using characters they've leveled up against other high level characters.

SirFizzyWo
08-06-2015, 01:10 PM
i can 100% vouch that workouts make the difference in EVERY fight. I can solo stomp low level groups of Khans, even 4 Khans since im almost level 30 currently and most players arent. Now would i stomp those same khans 4v1 if everything was even? prolly not, but i can say it should be a fairly even match-up in a 1v1 (using appropriate builds).

jahmish
08-06-2015, 03:54 PM
3 khan 1 nexi is probably best makeup right now. You guys need to explain the debuts buffs system in the game cause some people picking it up never having played a moba don't understand what everything does. And those that do play khan or nexi lol

Thebondboyz2
08-06-2015, 04:19 PM
KHAN is very op on this this game I see everyone using him he needs to be fixed most of my friends can't enjoy this beside how op KHAN is it's like we either play has him or get killed using another person this a me it's balanced right with KHAN I don't like playing it with him as over powered as he is

Thebondboyz2
08-06-2015, 04:36 PM
It should be like league where only one person can be KHAN

Deecep
08-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Honestly after having played with and against him more, I no longer find him to be overpowered. It's a character that's specifically good against players who are not good at the game. It is good in general, but VERY good against bad players. I say this because I realized all you have to do is debuff like you would any other buffed character in a fight.
It's really unnecessary for it to be nerfed. If it really seems like an issue, I say once again to limit the use of each character on a specific team.

SirFizzyWo
08-06-2015, 04:38 PM
depending on the game mode, the teams can be pretty different. plunderball teams that i see consistantly winning are 1 Rook, 1 Nexi, 1 Khan, 1 Killowatt. Completely stops 4 khans almost every time.

conquest: 2 Khan, 1 Nexi, 1 Killowatt

annihilation: 1(or 2) khan, 1 oddilus, 1(or 2) killowatt

though kahn is the current metta, i dont think he will stay that way. by next patch i hope alot of the workouts have been fixed so that we can see a drastic change in gameplay.

Thebondboyz2
08-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Fix him!!!!!!

Obmoc
08-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Fix him!!!!!!

He's not over powered. Learn to play!

Obmoc
08-06-2015, 05:48 PM
He's not over powered. He just requires a certain skill set to beat.

DEARDEVILMAYCRY4
08-06-2015, 10:28 PM
My friend here doesn't take damage at all lol and he killed 4 players with 1 move kinda insane... Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb5ju76JaBw

DEARDEVILMAYCRY4
08-06-2015, 10:30 PM
I honestly think we should judge the champs when everyone is level.30 cause right now any level.30 with any champ can take a group of level.10s,15s easily...

Recker_Brandon
08-07-2015, 01:42 AM
He's not over powered. Learn to play!

Khan is overpowered because not every character is able to get through all of his buffs. This would cause everyone to just play debuffing characters or just play khan and there is no fun if everyone is playing the same charcter.

SirFizzyWo
08-07-2015, 01:45 AM
there are more than 4 characters that have debuffs, i dont see how anyone is being forced to play as khan or as characters with debuffs

edit: just because the most used debuffer is Nexi, doesnt mean shes the only one. just because khan has defence, doesnt mean he cant be killed by other chars. i will however agree that he should be reworked with longer cooldowns maybe, or shortened buff duration. but OP? hes far from that.

AntoinePrince
08-08-2015, 02:53 AM
I'm happy that everyone replied and has really varying opinions!
I didn't really understand the possibility of being queued up with higher level people, but it seems like if you're not playing with a character with any way to debuff, Khan is tough! :)
I'll keep on playing!

shadowxros
08-10-2015, 12:01 PM
If I never see Khan again that will be a good thing. Baby's first character.

DemonicAries
08-10-2015, 09:37 PM
I also believe khan is over defensive. 2 khans in a match is too much to handle.Nexi with tier 3 chin ups couldnt even get them to half health before dying.

Wettip
08-12-2015, 01:50 PM
I have spawn camped with nexi and oddli the frog thing ( my friend plays it lol ) several times. Khan isn't op he's just the easiest to use right off. I reck people with plat

J_MTN
08-13-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm going to have to agree with the crowd that doesn't find Khan a problem. I started playing about a day ago, and I can take khan on with Ace or Kilowatt no sweat. Yeah, I lose if he catches me with low health and no energy... any decent player would be able to take advantage of you having low health or energy.

Khan is definitely a strong character. But not OP.

Wettip
08-14-2015, 12:43 AM
There's a rank 3 dmg badge called crusher that debuffs for 75% dmg rest for 5 sec if you hit below 70. Would have dealt with that elbow pad bs :)

DemonicAries
08-14-2015, 01:04 AM
Try fighting three of them, it isnt pretty.

Martdawg19
08-14-2015, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't say nerfed but I agree that his speed boost should be swapped with kilowatts recharge. I feel like if salvage strikes damage was like 300-400 but pulled or slowed, heal brought down to 100 would make him feel tanky.

SirFizzyWo
08-14-2015, 10:23 AM
@DemonicAries
i have faught 3 of them, and ill do you one better, we beat a team of 4 of them. as NEXI, i can solo 2 of them. 3 of them just means i ask my team for back-up or (in the case of pugs) stay closer to at least 1 of my allies.

weightofatlas
08-15-2015, 05:01 PM
There are a plethora of ways to defeat Khan, this topic is getting old.

SirFizzyWo
08-15-2015, 11:16 PM
@weightofatlus
you dont think it deserves a sticky? L M A O

srsly doe, you iz right, dis be old and worn

Zomb3y
08-18-2015, 03:08 AM
Personally as a player in the top ten of annihilation I have no problem with Khans while I have my Nexi. Her debuff along with the speed drain badge which heals you for 5% health as well as stuns every time you basic attack an enemy with a speed buff which means a few khans stunned and not able to move for however long they have the speed buff on. This gives time for your team to regroup as well as debuff him because he's not circling like crazy.
Anyway my point is once people start getting to max level, working around playing with builds, and actually playing as a team there are plenty of ways to take down a khan you just need to get creative. :)

AndyGroucho
08-18-2015, 11:58 AM
IMO Khan seems way op at and against low levels, but he balances a lot better against maxed out players. (Most Nexis actually crush Khans) His speed burst probably needs to be toned down. SO rest assured if you keep on playing and leveling you will match up a lot better against him, except for maybe Brutus, he needs a minimum buff of 400 hp and 250 energy along with some small tweaking in his abilities. Bye for now

shadowxros
08-18-2015, 06:11 PM
I'm pretty much at the point where if there is more than 1 Khan on the team I quit the game. I don't care how "easy" he is to beat, you get more than 1 who maxed out their defense badges and there is no point.

Gelidkiller
08-23-2015, 02:58 AM
I know this topic is kinda old but I have to say that I don't see how khan is OP and this coming from someone who maxed him out with buff/healing training. Once khan get's stunned and is attacked by two warrior type classes he is done for people seem to forget to use team work in this game. He is tough to take down for a reason he is a tank if you nerf him he will be worthless like Brutus. If anything Brutus should be made stronger and that way people can kill khan. Ninjette is also a new champ and i'm sure once her stealth crit glitch is fixed she can easily k.o tanks. My point is we have more champs coming and we can't judge who is truly OP until we see the full roster. We should focus on making Brutus and others stronger instead and that will fix the problem.

Edit: Also I think to fix the low level problem there should be a fixed match making system that will pair people based on level such as this
1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30

Having a system like this and keeping people separate in groups would fix the issue no doubt