PDA

View Full Version : Balance ideas for buffs and training.

Trollbeard_
08-07-2015, 12:06 PM
I've just got some general ideas here because I've seen some exploits reminiscent of Oblivion where resistances or buffs can go past 100% leading to a lot of unkillable jerks ruining the fun for others. I started this in hopes to see if we could get a good discussion of what seems like the best way to try and balance the current system. I also hope that this will help get Kiz to have a little more transparency with the hidden stats so we're allowed to see what all of our changes affect as well as helping the community keep an eye on where exploits can occur to speed up reporting to Kiz and keeping the meta and strategy more varied and less chances of "this guy's op" and "this skill is busted".

The first recommendation I have is that per slot on each of the training choices, if you buy something you should be able to switch back and forth freely between the choices and not require repurchasing each item. Currently, if I switch from one 3500 coin item to try another it requires I play at least 3 if not more matches to get enough coins to go back to what I previously had. Not a terrible thing but it discourages experimenting with build styles and this leads into my next idea. Base stat boosts should go no higher than an a 60% increase over that characters base stats. You should not be able to equip more than 3 of the same type of training choice, regardless of being a rank 1, 2, or 3 boost. There should be a meter telling you once you've hit the cap of you're stat and if you're choices go over you need to swap to a lower rank of that boost to meet the hard lock of the stat. Buffs and debuffs you have a hard lock of no more than a 50% increase. It doesn't matter if multiple boosts stack, there shouldn't be an increase above a 100% increase above the base character stats. There's individual stats that should have some tweaks outside of this base suggestion but I think this is a decent start as far as changes go. I'd really like to see all of the stats in a list before I go completely item by item.

Another idea I had would be that if there's a mode where each time can only have 1 of any character on it's side. This currently would work thanks to the fact of Kiz enabling locked heroes in rotation so there's always at least 5 choices so even newbie players have choices when jumping in. I think this mode would help draw teams together and create team combo strategies and help pull away from the occasional team all running around as an op character (a squad of 4 Khans sticking together in Annihilation).

Last thing, I play as Khan. I liked Khan the most of the starter characters. I like the Conquistador armor option. I just want to know why it's not named Khanquistador.

jahmish
08-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Yes stat caps and not having to buy the same **** over and over would be awesome putting 16k into t3 badges is work