PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Reset

Sowr
08-10-2015, 03:09 AM
I would personally like the leaderboard to be reset after beta. Reason being is obvious. While the 100% resistance glitch was around, a whole lot of players have gotten to the top 100 and made it impossible for any other people to get up there. Although i am in the top 1% of the leaderboards i do not feel this is fair to those who didnt do it and are better than the players that abused a glitch. :)

SirFizzyWo
08-10-2015, 03:18 AM
Gotta say, im 100% in favor of this. honestly i wouldnt mind one now, and then another when the game official leaves beta.

Emomiime
08-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Kiz Studios has stated in their live stream that leader boards will reset one the game goes live. Don't gotta worry about that =)

Jason Rob
08-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Very good to hear, as new player and old will love a new crack at it,

Sowr
08-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Good to know. I dont watch streams so i never would have found out.

DemonicAries
08-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Are you flipping serious? This is the first time ive made it this far on a leaderboard in my life >:( wonderful...

Julio Fragosa
08-11-2015, 06:21 AM
Im number one in the game and I dont mind a hard reset. =)

Savage_Hyphen
08-12-2015, 12:00 AM
What does it matter. Somebody is gonna find a glitch and be number 1 in kills with 0 kills unless you can stop people from cheating or at least monitor the leaderboards, then leaderboards will ALWAYS be useless info

SirFizzyWo
08-12-2015, 12:21 AM
@Savage_Hyphen
bit negative yeah? still though i can see your point. a leaderboard reset doesnt do a whole lot of good right now since there are still alot of unresolved bugs that are causing players/builds to be at a disadvantage.

in fairness, what this post is about is a reset AFTER beta, in which case the theory is the game at that point will be relatively bug free and the leader boards would then be easier to moniter.

DemonicAries
08-12-2015, 03:22 AM
Well I hope it's soon Wizzy. Im sick and tired of being pummled by OP Khans, and low life players hiding in their spawn with the plunder ball....

SirFizzyWo
08-12-2015, 08:34 AM
@DemonicAries (though NOT DIRECTLY at you)
not sure where this whole "Khan is OP" movement started, but im tired of seeing it.

if khan gets anymore balance changes against him, he might become unplayable. as it stands, he is basically destroyed by crusher/speed drain combo....its sad really.....hes one of the easiest champs to defeat with proper knowledge.
#notquitearant #prettymucharant

pro-tip: hiding the plunderball up top makes you a sad individual

back on topic though, i peesonally cant wait fot a leaderboard reset, though as i stated already, it shouldnt come until the majority of bugs have been fixed.

Wettip
08-12-2015, 08:51 AM
I know what you mean sir. That elbow pads oversite ruined him. I never had a problem with him before unless there was 2 but the same can be said for rooks. Nexi is op imo. When I'm not playing her I can never kill them without help

Demonos
08-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Why? And stop calling the resistance a glitch. 20% x 5 = 100% it was obvious from the beginning that would mean 100% damage resist and the only way to do anything about it would be debuffs. The devs should have noted this earlier. And the people at the top still put the time and effort into getting there. You play enough and you can easily go through the leaderboard to the top 100

Wettip
08-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Why? And stop calling the resistance a glitch. 20% x 5 = 100% it was obvious from the beginning that would mean 100% damage resist and the only way to do anything about it would be debuffs. The devs should have noted this earlier. And the people at the top still put the time and effort into getting there. You play enough and you can easily go through the leaderboard to the top 100
Yep literally played conquest all day last Sa****ay and was rank 19 and a buddy as at 9. People have started playing again and we are going down ofc but still it's less than a week of play for top 10

SirFizzyWo
08-12-2015, 12:25 PM
@Demonos
im not sure what part you are asking "why?" to, so ill try to be as general as possible. the reset wouldnt be for those at the bottom. those at the bottom of the ranks will most likely stay there as they wont play as often or whatever reason. Its really probably not even for the people at the top (who will most likely shift back and forth in the top 50 players) as most of the players at the top are the people we all know and see on a regular basis. people who are devoting their time to this game.

which is why (as ive talked with others in other posts) we need regular wipes (seasons if you will) that allow everyone a fresh start on a regular basis. this would allow newer players a chance to break in, and keep one player from just continually dominating the boards until a better ranking system can be used. as of now, a static ever growing number is not that good, and the game modes have you ranked based on certain numbers, which arent always numbers you need to play a moba. support characters dont always have a huge number of ko's, captures, ball steals, but they are still a huge part of team make-up. they should be represented just like any other "OMG my Nexi iz teh 40 k/o kingz" or "KNOCK KNOCK! who der? KHAAAAAAAAAAN!" player.

hope it makes sense, and its just my 2 cents.

Demonos
08-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Why was for just the general idea of a leaderboard reset in the middle of a beta and only a week after launch just for clarity.

I totally agree with a season type wipe for a ranking system but putting it on the leaderboard IMO wouldn't be the best idea. As a separate ranked system that had its own board for top teams I would 100% agree with but this is an open beta where priorities are for bug fixes and actual glitches (such as rook and oddilus under map or bowling not working)an actual ranked gamemode for competitive play is IMO something to ask for in a full game. I truly hope they do an actual arena/ranked system. But a leaderboard is more than enough during a beta.

DemonicAries
08-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Youre right fiz, i guess im bitter from when i was just starting out. Ive noticed i can take them one on one. I retract my earlier statement.

SirFizzyWo
08-13-2015, 12:53 AM
@Demonos
yeah i agree we need something to help us determine rankings, and for the beta, i guess this works, but it still feels hollow. right now the leader boards are just for show IMO. the stats they offer dont help anyone understand how to be a better player or what seperates a good player from a bad player.

again though, i do agree that as of right now, any time the devs spend working on this game thats not fixing a glitch is wasted time. people like new game modes, and leader board fixes, and new champs, but what they like even more is NOT getting jipped out of plunderball wins and having fully functioning weapons, workouts, and badges.

my understanding is they ARE working on these things, it just takes time. IM very paitent, however, i already know at least 3 people who are done playing this game, and its unfortunate, because this game deserves attention.