PDA

View Full Version : Rook "God mode" Breaking the game..

xIxWhite-Comet
08-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Ok so we all complain about how broken elbow pads were, but Rook still has them in a different way call "Shadow Mist" 60% damage resistance 30secs + stun for 5secs..You already have 70% physical resistance and 70% elemental resistance, why give him 60% damage resistance thats clearly a 130% resistance which mean he cannot take damage for 30secs..They don't run out of energy cause of a certain workout we all use..

weightofatlas
08-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Debuff him?

xIxWhite-Comet
08-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Doesn't work on players that go beyond 99% damage resistance..

DemonicAries
08-16-2015, 08:00 PM
I agree rook is very tough with max elbow pads. What about just lowering his buff timer? 30 seconds is the longest ive ever seen for a buff.

Jason Rob
08-17-2015, 12:30 AM
< Have full kneepads and girded, I can be killed, Stuns and debuffs.
Certain team comps will kill you, Keep in mind this game is Focused and balanced around TEAM play

xIxWhite-Comet
08-17-2015, 01:09 AM
It shouldn't take 4 debuffs to take down 1 Rook and the guy i faced wasn't taking damage even while he was debuff...

SirFizzyWo
08-17-2015, 01:49 AM
when yurtle the turtle pops his reflect shield hes also basically immortal for that time period and (within reason) immune to debuff. he still dies. as jason said (and i can vouch having played with jason multiple times) HE CAN BE KILLED (sorry jason, but we both know it lol). if a player has a decent team hes much harder to kill, but it is possible.

help your team learn when and when not to engage a rook and yall will have much better luck facing him, debuff or not.

Ace
08-17-2015, 06:58 AM
If it takes 4 people and some serious teamwork just to take down 1 rook, it's a little too strong. No one in the game has a buff that long and it's tied into her blink.

13igTyme
08-17-2015, 07:20 AM
I play rook with max elbow pads. I still die some times. Do you want to know how I die? It's when people make a good build that suits a champion. I've seen countless people pick a champion and not play to their strengths. It's not the rook that OP, the player behind it just knows what their doing and the person who can't kill her doesn't.

SirFizzyWo
08-17-2015, 09:10 AM
@13igTyme
these are my sentiments exactly. i hate to be that blunt, but ive killed rooks no problem. multiple times. rook has to be dealt with using teamwork and general knowledge.

@Ace
im sorry if you feel differently. we may just have a difference of opinion. the fact is however that rook is a strong character, played well by a few people. that does not make her OP. by that reasoning every character is OP because ive been killed by everyone. even a xavilla (though this was more my fault for positioning myself near a cliff).

Ace
08-17-2015, 11:35 AM
@Ace
im sorry if you feel differently. we may just have a difference of opinion. the fact is however that rook is a strong character, played well by a few people. that does not make her OP. by that reasoning every character is OP because ive been killed by everyone. even a xavilla (though this was more my fault for positioning myself near a cliff).

I never said she was op, her buff just needs to be toned down a little. Few characters are played well considering this community is so small, but the players that do play rook well are almost impossible to kill if I'm playing with randoms. Yea sure, throw some debuffs at her and coordinate an attack and she'll die for sure. But the amount of effort and teamwork it takes is just too much, and if the other team has 2+ good rooks just forget about it. I have never played a moba or moba like game with such a ridiculous buff. 30 seconds? Really?

13igTyme
08-17-2015, 05:13 PM
I forgot to mention that as Rook we also fall though the map all the time. I thought it was always an issue with teleporting too close to rocks to ledges. Nope I was floating along and just randomly fell though the map.

xIxWhite-Comet
08-17-2015, 05:22 PM
He shouldn't have a 60% damage resistance for 30sec like cmon with full elbow pads he already has 80% physical res,77% elemental res..Just add 80% + 60% = 140% if that ain't too much i don't know what is, and just cause a few use him doesn't mean his balance..Anyone can use shadow mist and have 140% damage res lol at this if is fair, other champs don't have this kinda damage resistance so Rook shouldn't have it either..Nerf his ability to 20% for 30secs he already has 80% physical res and 77% elemental resistance, and for whoever mentioned the Turtle his ability only last for 5secs not 30secs..

13igTyme
08-17-2015, 06:01 PM
He shouldn't have a 60% damage resistance for 30sec like cmon with full elbow pads he already has 80% physical res,77% elemental res..Just add 80% + 60% = 140% if that ain't too much i don't know what is, and just cause a few use him doesn't mean his balance..Anyone can use shadow mist and have 140% damage res lol at this if is fair, other champs don't have this kinda damage resistance so Rook shouldn't have it either..Nerf his ability to 20% for 30secs he already has 80% physical res and 77% elemental resistance, and for whoever mentioned the Turtle his ability only last for 5secs not 30secs..

Other characters have high resistance buffs. Khan gains 50% damage resistance, 60% energy gen, and 20% damage reflect for 5 seconds. Oddilus, a dps, gains 40% Dam Res and 100% damage reflect for 5 seconds. Leatherhead gains debuff immunity, 100% Dam Res and 50% damage reflect for 5 seconds.

So you might be thinking. "Those are five seconds Rook has 30." Well it's called balancing. Rooks skill doesn't have all the other buffs, plus the biggest difference is all those buffs from Khan, Oddilus, and Leatherhead all can be put on a team mate as well. So which would you rather fight? Khan, Oddilus, and Leatherhead endlessly buff each other, or a rook that can only buff herself?

Lets not forget all the champions that can debuff. Brutus lowers movement speed -10%, -40% attack damage, and -40% skill effectiveness. Kilowatt lowers movement speed -50% and -55% damage resistance. Oddilus lowers movement speed -30%. Leatherhead lowers movement speed -40%. Ace lowers movement speed -50%, -55% damage resistance, and has a skill that makes the enemy not even be able to use a skill. Nexi lowers -60% damage resistance with a healing move that does damage!!! Platimus lowers movement speed -20% and additional-40% movement speed. Rooks debuff is -30% movement speed and -50% damage resistance.

There are so many ways to debuff a rook and so few ways to buff a rook. If anything the 30 seconds just needs to be lowered to 15-20. But it still needs to be higher than the other buffs because those all effect a team mate. It's called character diversity and you need to learn to play.

Ace
08-17-2015, 07:12 PM
None of those champs have a permanent buff tied into an escape. The buff itself isn't so much of a problem as is the duration. Matches last 5 minutes and Rook will literally have it up all of those 5 mins. Khan and leatherhead are support tanks so I'm not surprised they have teammate and self buffs, oddilous needs some sort of survivability since he has to get up in your face to do all his damage, all of his abilities are pretty short range including his leap if you don't have the weapon that increases the range.

She has so much utility in 1 skill, a blink, an aoe stun, a teammate heal, and a everlasting self buff. If that's not just a tad bit too much then idk, I guess rook will stay top tier like she did on pc.

13igTyme
08-17-2015, 07:55 PM
None of those champs have a permanent buff tied into an escape. The buff itself isn't so much of a problem as is the duration. Matches last 5 minutes and Rook will literally have it up all of those 5 mins. Khan and leatherhead are support tanks so I'm not surprised they have teammate and self buffs, oddilous needs some sort of survivability since he has to get up in your face to do all his damage, all of his abilities are pretty short range including his leap if you don't have the weapon that increases the range.

She has so much utility in 1 skill, a blink, an aoe stun, a teammate heal, and a everlasting self buff. If that's not just a tad bit too much then idk, I guess rook will stay top tier like she did on pc.

Like I said lower the duration. If they lower the 60% buff, it will be too much and she will have no survivability. As for the healing from that. It's worthless. There is absolutely nothing we can do to increase it, and it will only heal 40hp per hit. Max bowling ball has no effect on it what so ever. So it's a blink, small aoe stun, and defense buff. I say small because if you actually play rook you'll notice the stun has a small melee AOE effect around where you were standing, not where you're going. It also leaves it for a second behind you. Making Rook very good at getting away, because they'll either be meleeing her or right behind her and walk into the stun field. As for chasing people, not so good, the -30% movement speed from bolts is either not working at all or is not working at -30%. Because that move barely slows anyone down.

EDIT: Not to mention if someone is going max elbow pads they have to keep in mind they are lowering her own stun and keeping that low health pool. I almost have max elbow pads but decided on using one for max health. And trust me +225 health makes a bigger difference than +10% when you are already at 70%.

SirFizzyWo
08-17-2015, 08:57 PM
i have to agree with lowering her duration as well. unfortunately that poses a big problem. rooks key feature is her passive that allows her abilities to cooldown faster. ive seen a eook reset her cooldowns on one rotation of skills. wiyh this being a possibility, that means that even reducing the duration to 5 seconds would still be too long as she could rotate back to the res buff within that time frame.

i dont think reducing the duration will fix anything, but unfortunately 13igTyme is also right, rdducing her res buff by a number just decreases her survivability which makes make her not nearly as playable in a team situation. nobody wants to babysit a defense based champ.

i dont think theres an easy answer here guys....

Ace
08-17-2015, 10:18 PM
i have to agree with lowering her duration as well. unfortunately that poses a big problem. rooks key feature is her passive that allows her abilities to cooldown faster. ive seen a eook reset her cooldowns on one rotation of skills. wiyh this being a possibility, that means that even reducing the duration to 5 seconds would still be too long as she could rotate back to the res buff within that time frame.

i dont think reducing the duration will fix anything, but unfortunately 13igTyme is also right, rdducing her res buff by a number just decreases her survivability which makes make her not nearly as playable in a team situation. nobody wants to babysit a defense based champ.

How much survivability do you really need when everyone runs elbow pads and you can already wall off a ton of choke points on any map and just blink through it and leave an aoe stun in your trail. Rook would still be a top pick even if the buff went down to 40%. I don't get a free full set of elbow pads when I dash as ace :(

SirFizzyWo
08-18-2015, 12:24 AM
but as ace you damage (high damage mind you) and knockback, AND stun....i think your looking at it the wrong way. Ace is support, Rook is defense. It really makes sense tbat she gets a def buff. what if they dont want to run elbow pads on her? then what her def? elbow pads lowers stun duration, thats the trade off.

DemonicAries
08-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Id also like to note that her stun says one second but lasts three. The clould lingers for 3 seconds so over all makes the stun last three seconds regardless

13igTyme
08-18-2015, 02:43 AM

It isn't possible or effective to reset your cool downs on a single rotation. She has three skills, so the most a cool down can be lowered is by is two. Even with cool down buffs that just isn't possible plus the rock wall is very situational. And if you did spam it you might be causing more harm to your team than good. Plus if your stacking cool down on Rook you are wasting other skills and If I remember correctly the coffee 3 perk lowers everything bowling ball gives.

13igTyme
08-18-2015, 02:45 AM
Id also like to note that her stun says one second but lasts three. The clould lingers for 3 seconds so over all makes the stun last three seconds regardless

Mine last one second. You might have been playing with people who maxed out Hex duration.

SirFizzyWo
08-18-2015, 08:05 AM
@13igTyme
definately possible and without spam. dont believe me? ask Jason Rob about it, ive watched him do it. Not sure what his loadout was, i just know he did it and very quickly. definately less than 5.

@DemonicAries
i assume its a full hex loadout or something, but even then it should only be 2 seconds max. could be wrong on this as it could be 3 procs over 3 seconds, if so then that needs to be fixed so that it only procs once. however, i dont think ive ever ben stunned for more than 2 sec.

13igTyme
08-18-2015, 12:57 PM
@13igTyme
definately possible and without spam. dont believe me? ask Jason Rob about it, ive watched him do it. Not sure what his loadout was, i just know he did it and very quickly. definately less than 5.

@DemonicAries
i assume its a full hex loadout or something, but even then it should only be 2 seconds max. could be wrong on this as it could be 3 procs over 3 seconds, if so then that needs to be fixed so that it only procs once. however, i dont think ive ever ben stunned for more than 2 sec.

Lowering an 8 second cool down to 5 is not reseting the cool down. Reseting would be the ability to cast teleport every second until your our of energy. And that just isn't possible. Nor in most situations is it even effective, even at 5 seconds. And if he's stacking cool down, he's going about took all wrong.

SirFizzyWo
08-18-2015, 05:56 PM
@13igTyme
well i dont know, maybe im wrong, but hes pretty high on the annihilation leaderboard, i mean hes not number 1, but hes up there, so i guess hes doing something right....

i will also state that her skills cooldown after each skill use. dark bolt, wall, dark bolt, teleport i believe is the rotation. again, youd have to ask him

13igTyme
08-18-2015, 11:44 PM
@13igTyme
well i dont know, maybe im wrong, but hes pretty high on the annihilation leaderboard, i mean hes not number 1, but hes up there, so i guess hes doing something right....

i will also state that her skills cooldown after each skill use. dark bolt, wall, dark bolt, teleport i believe is the rotation. again, youd have to ask him

A skill only lowers it by one second. Dark bolt wouldn't be ready the second time, unless he maxed out coffee 3. I believe it's on a 4 or 5 second cool down and even with max coffee it would then be 2 or 3 seconds. Which is good but with -100% skill damage it would hit like a wet noodle. As for annihilation, I've only played it three times, for the daily, and last time I checked, a week ago, I was rank 50-60. So honestly not a lot of people play annihilation or conquest. A person could be top 10 on the leaderboard in an afternoon.

SirFizzyWo
08-19-2015, 07:36 AM
@13igTyme
im not trying to be argumentative here, but top 10 in an afternoon? you might wanna double check that leadboard lol. thats not gonna happen. you might move up a nice chunk, but thats a huge exageration. i stopped playing for two days and moved from 18 into 37. people are active there, and play ALOT. catching up to top 10 is an actual feat.

as for the rook thing, ill get bravesire to come by this post. i dont know how he was doing it, it was my best guesses, but I CAN ASSURE YOU he was doing it. maybe im wrong, ill talk to him in a bit and see. if im wrong i will apologise.

Wettip
08-19-2015, 07:49 AM
Sir is right. Top 50 yeh easy for conquest getting harder by the day though. Atm I'm just waiting for others to play again and I'll start playing it again. Kinda sad no one play conquest imo, one of the hardest to win with just one or 2 op Champs like annihilation or plunderball