PDA

View Full Version : Xavilla

J_MTN
08-18-2015, 04:45 PM
You know, I like Xavilla for some reason. I feel like there is something there that can be molded into greatness. I've been thinking about possible builds for Xavilla to make her more "Meta" (as if this game has a real meta). If anyone is interested in working with me to find a way to make Xavilla usable in the current game-state, then please offer any suggestions here. If you want to use this thread to tell me its not possible for Xavilla to be "meta" because X or Y champ is OP, then I guess I can't stop you. But please note that your post will be harshly ignored.

My current thought is to build a support Xavilla.
I know that the badges I would like are Crusher, Heavy Suit or Girded (leaning more toward girded the more I look into it), and Bubbly.

My strength workouts would be 4 punching bags and 1 bowling. My Endurance workouts would be 3 athletic tapes and 2 extra batteries. My All-star workouts would be 1 apples and 4 aromatherapy.

The idea is to forget about attack damage, and keep the enemy team debuffed with crusher. Using Girded would allow the stacking of punching bag to increase attack speed and help keep the enemy team debuffed as often as possible. This is a highly support role. The idea behind bubbly is trying to stop crits from landing.

Any ideas on why or why not this sucks? I sort of like it. In theory, I think it works. I'm just curious as to whether or not you guys think this would work in reality.

J96
08-19-2015, 08:12 PM
I like Xavilla too and I want to make a build that can do a lot of damage, but she seems so weak to me :(

J_MTN
08-19-2015, 08:33 PM
I like Xavilla too and I want to make a build that can do a lot of damage, but she seems so weak to me :(

I beg to differ. Her naturally high crit chance (what is it, like 7.5%? Can't remember off the top of my head.. May be way off) and both of her great passive traits lay a solid groundwork for a high DPS champ. Even if I'm mistaken about the crit chance, her passive traits are strong enough to hold their own, IMO.

True, she is squishy. But the range is real.

Look for a set-up that balances crit chance, energy regen, and sustainability. Try not to lose attack speed if you can help it.

Unfortunately, I can't offer many suggestions because I am away from home, atm. But if you think you have something that works, post it and ill see if i can offer anything.

Tips: consider looking at girded. IMO, bubbly is the best cos badge. Base health regen seems to be enough for me. I try to avoid using apples more than once to avoid the loss in attack speed. Don't invest in lowering skill cool down.

Edit: She may seem weak, but that is because she is a champ that basically requires a full build before she can begin to shine. She is also a character that requires a team. She does well as a back-line in team fights. Stick with your teammates.

13igTyme
08-19-2015, 09:15 PM
But she's also glitched and has 0% crit damage. So you have a 7.5% chance to do the same amount of damage as a normal attack. Aside from that she seems alright, if they increase the radius on her long range attack. It's so hard to hit a fast moving target and once they get too close, that's game over.

J_MTN
08-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Yes, the crit thing is annoying. That's why I've chosen to build a support Xavilla while Its beta. I'm thinking more for the future, though. Eventually it will be fixed and a DPS Xavilla will be more feasible.

Save spirit dance(?) for when people rush you. Fall back, and if they keep chasing use your knock back skill (name escapes me). Again, her range is best served shelling out damage from behind 1 or two friendlies.

13igTyme
08-19-2015, 10:00 PM
Yes, the crit thing is annoying. That's why I've chosen to build a support Xavilla while Its beta. I'm thinking more for the future, though. Eventually it will be fixed and a DPS Xavilla will be more feasible.

Save spirit dance(?) for when people rush you. Fall back, and if they keep chasing use your knock back skill (name escapes me). Again, her range is best served shelling out damage from behind 1 or two friendlies.

I agree, but I just can't use her. Too small of a radius at max range. isn't something I can tolerate.

J_MTN
08-19-2015, 10:55 PM
I agree, but I just can't use her. Too small of a radius at max range. isn't something I can tolerate.

Fair enough. I mean, I wouldn't complain if the devs extended the radius. I just think that depends on how effective she actually is when all is said and done and the game is nearing release.

J96
08-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Try not to lose attack speed if you can help it.

Is the +0 attack speed a visual bug?

J_MTN
08-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Is the +0 attack speed a visual bug?

Yes, people have confirmed that attack speed is raised even though it says +0.
I thought it may be the same with the critical damage saying 0%, but in the training arena, I could not get Xavilla to land a Crit. Maybe my luck is awful.

J_MTN
08-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Update: Xavilla's 0% crit damage is only a UI glitch. I went back into the practice arena and was able to land Crits at 200% damage bonus on the bots.

Two other things I learned: the secondary damage from Xavilla's wisp fire basic attack does not crit. Even if the initial damage Crits.

Next, the secondary damage is not affected by damage buffs.