PDA

View Full Version : The lack of variety is making this game kinda boring.

shadowxros
08-23-2015, 12:54 PM
At this point you are almost guaranteed to have a Nexi and Khan each game, usually two of one of them, then the last person fills out the other slot with something.

I don't know if it is because when they have the machine gun badge those two become basically gods among men or something but....

The lack of variety in games is really making it boring to play.

I don't know how to fix this either beyond restricting a champion once someone picks it, which would result in people raging.

GamerNoah
08-23-2015, 01:08 PM
At this point you are almost guaranteed to have a Nexi and Khan each game, usually two of one of them, then the last person fills out the other slot with something.

I don't know if it is because when they have the machine gun badge those two become basically gods among men or something but....

The lack of variety in games is really making it boring to play.

I don't know how to fix this either beyond restricting a champion once someone picks it, which would result in people raging.

Well, in a game that only has 11 champions, with Kahn and Nexi (currently) being free, you're bound to go against the same people all the time. Ontop of that, pretty much every game ever has a strong champion/weapon/class/etc, which will be played more frequently because of it just being op.

Now I do believe the Devs said something about releasing more champions, which may/may not fix your problem. But it will at least add more variety~

J96
08-23-2015, 01:08 PM
I would love champion restriction and I think that would fix a lot of issues. If that is implemented then workouts/badges should be shared between all champions.

Emomiime
08-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Hello there! I think what is important to keep variety is what champion you choose to play. At this point where Khan is the strongest of the two tanks (leatherhead) he is guaranteed to be played. But that doesn't mean you have to play him. Here is a list of champs that are not played very much for various reasons though they are still strong and fun to play. Oddilus, Ace, Ninjette (get training first or else it will suck haha), Platimus etc. Really i enjoy the game just based on trying to figure out fun and effective builds for champs that aren't played very much

Also if you are worried about champion variety, then maybe you could try taking a break for a couple of weeks or so as the devs have stated that a new champion will come out every other week (so the 4th of September).

You could also try playing with different people for a different experience.

J_MTN
08-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Xavilla is majorly underrated. Check my thread called Xavilla for some discussion on how to use her effectively. I do well playing her as a support (if my team knows what they are doing). She is also a great character for building a crit focused build. I'm willing to discuss with you if you'd like. Maybe that'd add some variety for you.

I also have a comprehensive Xavilla build posted on this game's wikia page. Note: the wikia is currently under construction, but the build is complete. You can find it in Xavilla's champion page under guides.

The best way to add variety at this stage in the game is to pick a character that isn't used as often and create a build that you enjoy to play.

Ace
08-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Lack of competition is more of a problem for me. Gets so stale just running through teams every game even by myself.

13igTyme
08-24-2015, 07:19 AM
I just want more maps and ranked matchmaking.

Emomiime
08-24-2015, 08:39 AM
Honestly, when I solo que, it is pretty chancy if I win or lose. It is not uncommon for me to play with people who dont quite know what they are doing so I have to try and 1v4. It is rough and I still win more than I lose but yeah. We as a community should try hosting some "tournaments" in all reality. Or just some time for teams of people to play against one another for fun

OneMicGaming
08-26-2015, 02:50 PM
I mostly only play annihilation and I've only used two different characters for that so far (Brutus and Nexi) so I can't say I agree on the lack of variety in the game, as I haven't branched out much myself and I'm not getting bored. But yeah, as stated earlier in this thread I would recommend trying out different characters yourself and upgrading them in different ways to add variety. And maybe taking a break. I do agree that more maps would be nice though.

Rootl
08-27-2015, 12:33 PM
Khan and nexi are just the best out of package characters. If you build ninjette right she is a monster. I have seen people use platymus like a pro while i suck with him. All people really have to do is move out of their comfort zone and they will be suprised at how good the other characters actually are.