PDA

View Full Version : So I worked up my coins to get a new character...

Hellblades
09-03-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm not playing as often as 9/10 of this forum crew lol but I have to say that I love Leatherhead. I first tested him out on a day he was free to try and had to play him for the daily challenge. I fell instantly in love lol. I'm only level 17 ATM, (yes, I'm a very casual player, I have like 2 other online games I play ATM, along with work, so balancing all of this is pretty hard lol) but I'm thinking of making him my main.

Long story short, anyone got advice for a good starter build for leveling? ATM I'm plugging energy regen and resist, having decided on badges or attack workouts yet (most of my coins were already used on Brutus, so I haven't filled out my workouts in turtle yet.)

J_MTN
09-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Hi there, Hellblades. Glad to hear you found a character that you really enjoy playing. Leathered has a quite few things going for him: Naturally high resistances, good CC, and decent damage output. He falls short in the energy category. His skills cost quite a bit and his starting energy is pretty low.

For your strength workouts, I'd recommend you leave his Attack Damage where it is and increase his skill damage. Not sure if bowling is working 100% or not. If it isn't then go for attack damage.

I'd use extra batteries to raise his max energy in the endurance slots. maybe 2 elbow pads would also be good here.

For cosmetic, go for energy regen.

Not a leathered player lol.. just a few of my thoughts on how I would start building him. Hope it helps.

Hellblades
09-03-2015, 02:12 PM
I appreciate all the help I can get. Yeah I've read that bowling may not be working right so that's why I saved att for last. I didn't see attack speed helping too much, and he's not a big crit char (though I'm sure you could make him one, there's others much more suited for it), so I was wondering if I should do skill dmg or att dmg.

I have to say though, It makes me laugh when I can hold down a point in conquest and stall 2-3 ppl (even if I can't kill all of them) so my team can take the other points. Sad that doesn't really get score, unless you keep taking the points back, but its so satisfying. (Also, see kiting players too gullible to follow you and not focus on the actual objective)

J_MTN
09-04-2015, 09:38 AM
I appreciate all the help I can get. Yeah I've read that bowling may not be working right so that's why I saved att for last. I didn't see attack speed helping too much, and he's not a big crit char (though I'm sure you could make him one, there's others much more suited for it), so I was wondering if I should do skill dmg or att dmg.

I have to say though, It makes me laugh when I can hold down a point in conquest and stall 2-3 ppl (even if I can't kill all of them) so my team can take the other points. Sad that doesn't really get score, unless you keep taking the points back, but its so satisfying. (Also, see kiting players too gullible to follow you and not focus on the actual objective)

Yeah, I just haven't needed bowling, so I haven't tested it to see to what extent it is broken.

He's definitely not quite suited for a crit build. Although, running critical power and juicing up his crit chance would probably be funny as hell. And you're right, attack speed doesn't help him much either. Personally, since you're already playing such a supportive role for your team, I'd consider looking at crusher as a badge to run with. I enjoy it.

True, you don't get points for holding down the fort, but you do help your team win more easily. And yes, many people fall for kiting.

Let me know how your build turns out. I'm interested to hear how it goes once you're level 30. If you'd like, you could type something up explaining the workouts you use and the most effective way to play him, and I could add it to leatherhead's page on the wiki as a community build. We don't have one for him yet!

Hellblades
09-04-2015, 02:40 PM
That'd be cool. I'll have to see if I can be the first =P

Ty for all the detailed replies. Glad to see I've got a good general idea of how to build him. And you're right, making a crit build on him would probably be hilarious XD

J_MTN
09-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Yeah, you've got some good ideas going on.

Just post back here if you have any other cool thoughts on your build that you want to share. Once you feel like it is close to complete, just let me know and I'll organize with you to get the build so I can post it.

ps You'll probably be the first.

EDIT Here is a link to my Xavilla (http://transgalactictournament.wikia.com/wiki/Skull_Crusher_Xavilla) build that is on the Wiki. You can definitely do your own thing if you llike, but this may give you some ideas on what to think about.

Hellblades
09-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Well, level 21 now. (Ty free chips for boosts lol)

Thus far I decided to go with the Boost Healing badge, and popped a couple of attack speed (though this is just temporary, playing around with the idea) and gonna do attack power when I hit 22 for the tier 3 workouts probably. No cosmetic badge really fits my build yet so I'm saving coins for now lol.

I'm hoping for a near limitless energy build, if you couldn't tell. Those attack speed are probably going to change if they don't contribute as much as I'm hoping for, but we'll see how things play out.

Right now my bane is probably kilowatt, and nexi. Those two usually take me down before my stall tactics can actually affect their team >.> I don't see many xavilla's and the few I've seen have been pretty bad. Probably bots or people testing her out on free cycle.

J_MTN
09-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Well, tier 2 sports drink is pretty good. It'll increase your stun and move speed debuffs. I'm using five of them on my Minos build atm. XD
Look at using Witchcraft once you unlock it. Its one of the tier 3 strength badges it increases debuff duration by 50%.

I feel you. They both hit hard with the right workouts behind them.

I mainly play Xavilla as a support champion. She's only good if she's got the workouts to support her.

Hellblades
09-05-2015, 12:30 AM
I had posted just a moment ago about looking up the badge and workout info on the wiki, and in trying to EDIT the post that I'd found it, my phone just hit delete post no matter how far down I hit below the delete button. So there that is.

But yeah, I think I might use the list to make a theoretic build, then try it and get back to you on that lol

J_MTN
09-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Glad you found the training page. Good to know someone other than just me is using it! Honestly, one of my main inspirations for finishing the page was not having to log on to look at badges and workouts for my builds.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about the formatting? Like, are you having trouble reading because there is so much information all in one place? I know that on mobile its kind of messed up right now. Not sure what's up with that.

Hellblades
09-05-2015, 07:54 PM
The workout format is fine, easy to get a general idea and plan out what I want to put together. I like that the tiers of the same workout are side by side instead of in the same tier order they are in game.

The badge one is the one that's a little wonky (at least on mobile anyway), but I can still mostly see what's going on. It appears as HUGE text on mobile, which is weird as I've never had a site do that lol

J_MTN
09-05-2015, 08:43 PM
The workout format is fine, easy to get a general idea and plan out what I want to put together. I like that the tiers of the same workout are side by side instead of in the same tier order they are in game.

The badge one is the one that's a little wonky (at least on mobile anyway), but I can still mostly see what's going on. It appears as HUGE text on mobile, which is weird as I've never had a site do that lol

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. It just looks crazy. I mean, it functions fine, just looks funny on your phone lol.

Hellblades
09-07-2015, 05:41 PM
So, as of right this moment I have 2 builds in potential. Unfortunately, bowling doesn't work for the one, so I'm having to use attack (which presents problems on the max health drop, which has to be compensated for, whcih alters the build almost entirely), but I just have to get the coins to finish making it so I can test it.

The funny part is the badges I'm considering using I haven't seen mentioned anywhere which is interesting.

Also, I was thinking of a way to make that crit build, but the only way I can see to make it viable would be to stack crit chance and machine gun >.> but then you're stuck with only 2x damage, since that takes up the offense badge. Though I admit to wanting to see a turtle on machine gun lol

J_MTN
09-07-2015, 06:00 PM
So, as of right this moment I have 2 builds in potential. Unfortunately, bowling doesn't work for the one, so I'm having to use attack (which presents problems on the max health drop, which has to be compensated for, whcih alters the build almost entirely), but I just have to get the coins to finish making it so I can test it.

The funny part is the badges I'm considering using I haven't seen mentioned anywhere which is interesting.

Also, I was thinking of a way to make that crit build, but the only way I can see to make it viable would be to stack crit chance and machine gun >.> but then you're stuck with only 2x damage, since that takes up the offense badge. Though I admit to wanting to see a turtle on machine gun lol

Yeah, I think it'd be pretty funny to see machinegun on him as well. Might be hard to keep going, though, because he is so slow.

What badges are on your mind? I think Witchcraft would be good on him. That one never gets talked about. I think crusher would be useful. Accelerator would probably be good for your stalling play style. If Refresher affects mobile fortress, then that would be pretty good, too.

EDIT: ****it, you've got me really interested in this build now XD. I'm going to have to buy Leatherhead and test some things. If Refresher works on Mobile Fortress, then running Bruiser would allow you to almost always have your buff active.

How about this, you come up with a theoretical build and i'll do the same. We can compare notes once we feel like we've got something. If I find anything interesting in testing, I'll post back here. Also, if you would like me to test something for you, just let me know. I can do it. I know you're not 30 yet.

Hellblades
09-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Ha-ha! Interested in turtles ftw.

But seriously, I'm thinking of a build that uses energy shield conductor and high energy regen. That's my Attack heavy build, since bowling isnt working right.

The idea behind the build is using high energy, energy regen, and conduction (which I find amazing how much elemental dmg is out there) to prolong your already long life even more. I have the total +/- written down for this build if I can get it equipped. Here's the prototype:

Workouts
5x T3 Chin-ups
2x T3 Elbow-Pads
3x T3 Athletic Tape
2x T2 Sports Drink
3x T3 Aromatherapy

Badges
Energy Shield (Hp under 20%, 50% dmg taken from energy)
Conduction (Elemental dmg heals energy 100)
Stay Burst (Enemy KO gives 10% Energy Regen for 10? Seconds)

Weapon
Turret gun

Total stat changes
Attack +50%
Max HP +20%
HP Regen -30%
Resistance (both) +30%
Hex duration -/+ 0%
Energy Regen +70%
Crit dmg -30%

And there is the theorictial build thus far. In my head it seems pretty solid, but I got to make it to test it lol. If you got any ideas on it is love to hear them =)

J_MTN
09-08-2015, 07:29 AM
Energy Shield/ Conduction is definitely a cool idea!

I like that you found the T3 Elbow Pad/T2 Sports Drink combo that works so well.
If I did my math right, your final HP should be about 3,038. 20% of that is 607. If you take 50% of all damage in energy at that point, then it basically will take twice as much damage to kill you. Essentially giving you an extra 607 health. MY logic may be flawed, I'm sleepy.

Sounds solid to me. I think it may work for you. I hope my math is right. I'll post my build idea here once I'm finished and not tired.

edit: Totally did my math wrong! forgot you were using chin-ups! the point is still the same, you get an extra 20% health.

J_MTN
09-09-2015, 03:09 PM
This video may interest you. If you can ignore my voice, then the gameplay in the background may help you out with your build.
Here's the link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvzJHMLpUPs)

Hellblades
09-09-2015, 03:39 PM
That is pretty interesting. I wonder if I ran refresher, cut the pads for max energy, and either keep the hex or add buff, what that would do for my build...

J_MTN
09-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Well, you'd have to make sure you can keep refresher going, but you'd definitely be able to stop anyone coming at you. The only complaint about my build is the lack of energy, so that extra energy would be great. And Conduction didn't help too much. I think replacing it with Vitality may be more beneficial.

Hellblades
09-09-2015, 03:51 PM
That's kinda funny actually as Machine gun + vitality is actually in that crit build I was thinking of. And yeah, conduction is def more... Limited in use. It DOES make Enemy kilowatts and xavillas your living batteries though. That super dot kilowatt does literally maxes your energy quick lol

J_MTN
09-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Yeah, he was great in that game. Definitely helps to have him around. And with refresher I could keep Khan's battle plan buffs going as well as my own Mobile Fortress buffs. Yeah, the other leatherhead only lived so long because of vitality. We couldn't put out enough damage to combat it. Looking back, I should have just saved my stun for when his machine gun got going, but my energy pool was not the greatest to work with.

Hellblades
09-09-2015, 09:45 PM
So, I tried out Refresher with my set, and its AMAZING. Holy ****e lol.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should use the buff increase badge (Bruiser?) To give more of a window for in case I'm stunned. Also, my slightly boosted att speed cause I hadn't replaced all my punching bags yet has been a major help. Adding 1 sec to buffs every .8 sec ftw.

I really see potential in this build. Probably more than what I was going for originally, since my strategy is to keep enemies busy (IE, tank) while my team does [insert objective here]. AND It doesn't suffer as bad from the energy regen hit from Plunder ball either, given you only need the energy to pop 1-2 buffs while run n gunning.

THIS kind of brainstorming is exactly why I consulted the forum lol

J_MTN
09-10-2015, 12:39 AM
So, I tried out Refresher with my set, and its AMAZING. Holy ****e lol.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should use the buff increase badge (Bruiser?) To give more of a window for in case I'm stunned. Also, my slightly boosted att speed cause I hadn't replaced all my punching bags yet has been a major help. Adding 1 sec to buffs every .8 sec ftw.

I really see potential in this build. Probably more than what I was going for originally, since my strategy is to keep enemies busy (IE, tank) while my team does [insert objective here]. AND It doesn't suffer as bad from the energy regen hit from Plunder ball either, given you only need the energy to pop 1-2 buffs while run n gunning.

THIS kind of brainstorming is exactly why I consulted the forum lol

It really is amazing. And even being a low level, you can stand up to anyone as long as you have refresher. As far as bruiser goes, I originally recommended that with refresher, but I figured I would be tanking a lot of damage, so I went with conduction to try and get more energy out of the build. I mean, I don't think bruiser is necessary. As long as you keep up your energy, you should almost always have the buff.

The great thing about the buff is the damage reflect as well. The enemies are killing themselves constantly as they try to attack you.

Hellblades
09-10-2015, 08:08 PM
I just found the build's weakness. A buffed up elemental attack, since mobile fortress doesnt give ele resist. Plat just WRECKED me with rainbows lol even though khan Minos and rook (and this was obv a premade group of 30s) couldn't damage me. So its not completely invincible.

That said, the previous 6 games I played I never died, with less than 1k dmg whole round. So it def does what it says on the tin. So far this is what I've got:

X2 Punching bag 2
X3 Chin-ups 3
X3 Athletic Tape 3
X2 Knee pads 3
X2 Sport drinks 2
X1 Aromatherapy 3
X2 Aromatherapy 2 (haven't replaced them for 3)
Refresher
Boost (to ensure energy stays high, even in plunderball)
Star burst

Stat total:
Att speed+10%
Att+30%
Max HP+30%
Resist+20%
Hex-/+ 0
Energy regen+40%
HP Regen-30%
Crit chance-10%

This isn't counting weapon. Still Turret =P

J_MTN
09-11-2015, 11:26 PM
I just found the build's weakness. A buffed up elemental attack, since mobile fortress doesnt give ele resist. Plat just WRECKED me with rainbows lol even though khan Minos and rook (and this was obv a premade group of 30s) couldn't damage me. So its not completely invincible.

That said, the previous 6 games I played I never died, with less than 1k dmg whole round. So it def does what it says on the tin. So far this is what I've got:

X2 Punching bag 2
X3 Chin-ups 3
X3 Athletic Tape 3
X2 Knee pads 3
X2 Sport drinks 2
X1 Aromatherapy 3
X2 Aromatherapy 2 (haven't replaced them for 3)
Refresher
Boost (to ensure energy stays high, even in plunderball)
Star burst

Stat total:
Att speed+10%
Att+30%
Max HP+30%
Resist+20%
Hex-/+ 0
Energy regen+40%
HP Regen-30%
Crit chance-10%

This isn't counting weapon. Still Turret =P

Looks nice. I haven't really looked into bowling since the patch, but I imagine that it would be good on him if it works correctly.

Hellblades
09-21-2015, 10:12 AM
I haven't been on in a bit now (work, videos of another game, other MMOs lol) but I have been trying to keep up with my dailies, and I find it how interesting that it's almost impossible to beat this set o.o
I finally replaced those aromas to tier 3, so that's the final build I have ATM. I kept att cause most of my dmg comes from my basic, since I'm saving energy for shield in case I miss too much. (Only using Shell Shock or Bunker Buster when I have 800+ energy, or to finish a fight/stop fleeing enemies)

I will say this set has three, VERY easy counters though.
The first is as stated before, Platimus. His Rainbow Blast is the only attack able to hit me with my full def up. In fact, it seems to IGNORE at least a portion of resist, maybe as a hidden effect? I say this cause even kilowatt can't damage me but plat can almost wipe me out in a matter of skills.

The second is Rook. I don't see it when I look at her abilities, but her Shadow mist drained my energy while it stunned me. Essentially, stunning me for three seconds, AND sucking my energy away with no way to escape. With the stun, your almost guaranteed to lose your buffs, and the energy loss means you probably won't be able to get them back. Very nasty counter.

Lastly is the least effective but most easy to imploy. RUNNING AROUND THE TURTLE. Perhaps even in a fancy pattern, since the refresher requires hits and Leatherhead has no real horizontal range, you can dodge pretty well on top of them. Each miss is a precious loss on the buff timer, and too many too quick can mean losing all your energy. No buffs, and no energy, same problem as with rook. Except the one hitting you is probably a dps so you're gonna die faster lol

So yeah. That's my experience so far with the build. Almost no other Enemy can kill me, unless they imploy one of the 3 above counters.its a nice feeling to be a annoying wall =)

Bop Barker
09-21-2015, 10:50 AM
I would not rely on that build, both Rainbow Blast and Mobile Fortress are not working right. Rainbow Blast ignores all defenses as well as ignoring Mobile Fortress. Now Mobile Fortress is also not working right because according to the text It should reflect 50% damage back to the attacker and the LH should take 50% of the damage, but instead Leatherhead receives 50% of the damage as healing and nothing is actually reflected. Both are now posted in the bug forums. So as of right now LH and Platimus are so broken that just playing them and taking advantage of those two abilities is exploiting a broken mechanic. LH should not be invincible (even for a short amount of time, much less added time because of refresher) according to the Skill text and Platimus should not ignore Elemental Defense because it doesn't have text to back it up, plus it makes no sense and is way unbalanced.

Hangtime1984
09-21-2015, 10:58 AM
I would not rely on that build, both Rainbow Blast and Mobile Fortress are not working right. Rainbow Blast ignores all defenses as well as ignoring Mobile Fortress. Now Mobile Fortress is also not working right because according to the text It should reflect 50% damage back to the attacker and the LH should take 50% of the damage, but instead Leatherhead receives 50% of the damage as healing and nothing is actually reflected. Both are now posted in the bug forums. So as of right now LH and Platimus are so broken that just playing them and taking advantage of those two abilities is exploiting a broken mechanic. LH should not be invincible (even for a short amount of time, much less added time because of refresher) according to the Skill text and Platimus should not ignore Elemental Defense because it doesn't have text to back it up, plus it makes no sense and is way unbalanced.

Dude...stop just stop

Leatherhead shouldn't be unstoppable there's a counter Support characters

Hellblades
09-21-2015, 11:05 AM
I think with my explanations I've proven that he's not indestructible. To bots? Hell yes. But to real people who can reason and think about strategy? No. In fact, this build almost can't do plunderball at all, which is fine caue I hate it anyway lol but its so reliant on energy that carrying the ball makes you live on borrowed time.

Yes it does seem broken at times, but what isn't almost broken? Khan is super powerful, but can be killed by some key strategic moves. Nexi can wreck just about anyone AND drain life constantly through her attack and siphoning skill. Oh, and that new sprout champ has despel or something cause it can erase buffs lol another hidden effect it seems. Which is yet another way to breach turtle defenses.

So yes, hard to beat, but FAR from broken. Though yeah, the dmg reflect should be fixed.

Bop Barker
09-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Dude...stop just stop

Leatherhead shouldn't be unstoppable there's a counter Support characters

I'm not even talking about it being counterable, that has nothing to do with the bug. I'm talking about how it is not working the same as what the text is so LH is not supposed to heal 50% of the damage done to him and not reflect 50% of the damage. LH is supposed to take 50% of the damage and reflect 50% of the damage to the attacker. That is all I'm saying.

If you want to get down to counterable things, Machine Gun was counterable by running away from the guy and letting it run out. Was machine gun a bug that made the badge broken? Yes it was and it was fixed. The same as Mobile Fortress should be fixed because instead of taking 50% of the damage, he heals for 50% of the damage. If you take advantage of this knowing how it's currently working you are abusing the broken mechanic of the game. There is no argument here it is just a fact. Just takes a little bit of intelligence to read what it says and be able to notice that it is doing something completely different.

Hellblades
09-21-2015, 05:48 PM
I'm not even talking about it being counterable, that has nothing to do with the bug. I'm talking about how it is not working the same as what the text is so LH is not supposed to heal 50% of the damage done to him and not reflect 50% of the damage. LH is supposed to take 50% of the damage and reflect 50% of the damage to the attacker. That is all I'm saying.

If you want to get down to counterable things, Machine Gun was counterable by running away from the guy and letting it run out. Was machine gun a bug that made the badge broken? Yes it was and it was fixed. The same as Mobile Fortress should be fixed because instead of taking 50% of the damage, he heals for 50% of the damage. If you take advantage of this knowing how it's currently working you are abusing the broken mechanic of the game. There is no argument here it is just a fact. Just takes a little bit of intelligence to read what it says and be able to notice that it is doing something completely different.

*sighes* ...I would like to kindly ask that you two take your argument out of this thread, if you two are just going to bicker.

I am not saying that the healing shouldn't be changed (or the text being changed to match the current effect, maybe), and on the case of Platimus, I think his attack SHOULD penetrate resistance. And I think it should say so, yes, but hidden effects are COMMONPLACE in games.

Case in point, Rook's Shadow Mist, as I said in the previous comment, DRAINS ENERGY, which it clearly does not say on the description. Which isn't a bad thing, it's actually quite nice a defense for Rook. If it was a guaranteed win, then I would say yes, that's abuse. If the developer thinks it's NOT how they intended it, then yes it should be fixed.

HOWEVER! The former is certianly not the case with either Platimus OR Leatherhead, and "not using the character cause it's abuse if you do" is a pretty flimsy argument. If the devs think these traits should be fixed, bring it up to them (which it has been if it's in the bugs), let THEM decide if it needs to be fixed or not, and leave it at that. Though, I admit it'd be nice to let US know about these hidden effects, that's why they are HIDDEN. =3

Fishpaste777
09-21-2015, 07:33 PM
*sighes* ...I would like to kindly ask that you two take your argument out of this thread, if you two are just going to bicker.

I am not saying that the healing shouldn't be changed (or the text being changed to match the current effect, maybe), and on the case of Platimus, I think his attack SHOULD penetrate resistance. And I think it should say so, yes, but hidden effects are COMMONPLACE in games.

Case in point, Rook's Shadow Mist, as I said in the previous comment, DRAINS ENERGY, which it clearly does not say on the description. Which isn't a bad thing, it's actually quite nice a defense for Rook. If it was a guaranteed win, then I would say yes, that's abuse. If the developer thinks it's NOT how they intended it, then yes it should be fixed.

HOWEVER! The former is certianly not the case with either Platimus OR Leatherhead, and "not using the character cause it's abuse if you do" is a pretty flimsy argument. If the devs think these traits should be fixed, bring it up to them (which it has been if it's in the bugs), let THEM decide if it needs to be fixed or not, and leave it at that. Though, I admit it'd be nice to let US know about these hidden effects, that's why they are HIDDEN. =3

This guy has a level head on his shoulders

Hellblades
09-21-2015, 09:26 PM
This guy has a level head on his shoulders

Ty, I try =3 Though, if you ask my friends I can have quite the fiery temper.

I've just noticed that a lot of the charactors DO have hidden effects, I mean I haven't found one on Brutus or Kilowatt, (And I haven't played much of Khan/Nexi/Ninjette/Minos/Ace), but I do know that:

Platimus's Rainbow Blast ignores all resistence (or at least Resist Buffs, I'm not sure if it's total % ignore, need to test it someone!)

Rook's Shadow Mist absorbs enemy energy (though I don't think it heals Rook's energy, I think it's just a depletion)

and one of Sprout's attacks (I'm assuming the spore one, have to relook at his skill list) erases ALL buffs on the target. So basically, Dispell from FF.

None of these effects are listed, but they're there. I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters had some hidden effect on at least one of their skills. Either that or it's all one big happy oopsie on the coding end. Which, I could accept for Platimus' attack (Basically forget to add the - enemy def in the algorithms, or something along those lines), but the other 2 would make NO sense why they would do that unless it was intentional... And that's at least 3 major coincidences. 4 if you count Leatherhead healing from attack during Mobile Fortress (which could be why he takes 0 damage during it, since if it damaged him AND healed him it would be silly. Also could explain the 1% increase to Resist, if you're taking 0 damage anyway why give +30-50%?)

But that's just my thoughts on the whole thing. Funny how I made this for Build advice and what it's turned into XD
Thanks again to J_Mtn btw.

J_MTN
09-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Ty, I try =3 Though, if you ask my friends I can have quite the fiery temper.

I've just noticed that a lot of the charactors DO have hidden effects, I mean I haven't found one on Brutus or Kilowatt, (And I haven't played much of Khan/Nexi/Ninjette/Minos/Ace), but I do know that:

Platimus's Rainbow Blast ignores all resistence (or at least Resist Buffs, I'm not sure if it's total % ignore, need to test it someone!)

Rook's Shadow Mist absorbs enemy energy (though I don't think it heals Rook's energy, I think it's just a depletion)

and one of Sprout's attacks (I'm assuming the spore one, have to relook at his skill list) erases ALL buffs on the target. So basically, Dispell from FF.

None of these effects are listed, but they're there. I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters had some hidden effect on at least one of their skills. Either that or it's all one big happy oopsie on the coding end. Which, I could accept for Platimus' attack (Basically forget to add the - enemy def in the algorithms, or something along those lines), but the other 2 would make NO sense why they would do that unless it was intentional... And that's at least 3 major coincidences. 4 if you count Leatherhead healing from attack during Mobile Fortress (which could be why he takes 0 damage during it, since if it damaged him AND healed him it would be silly. Also could explain the 1% increase to Resist, if you're taking 0 damage anyway why give +30-50%?)

But that's just my thoughts on the whole thing. Funny how I made this for Build advice and what it's turned into XD
Thanks again to J_Mtn btw.

Woah, this thread took a turn while I was gone! Yeah, the build is fun. No other way to put it. Just annoy the **** out of people for plenty of laughs all day long.

As for what Bop Barker is saying, I don't know any of those things to be true. I don't think mobile fortress heals at all. At least, I haven't noticed it from my experiences testing it in the practice arena. It would be more beneficial if you shared to us how you tested it and your exact results.

I have no clue about rainbow blast. Wouldn't be surprised if it was broken, though. XD

Hellblades
09-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Woah, this thread took a turn while I was gone! Yeah, the build is fun. No other way to put it. Just annoy the **** out of people for plenty of laughs all day long.

As for what Bop Barker is saying, I don't know any of those things to be true. I don't think mobile fortress heals at all. At least, I haven't noticed it from my experiences testing it in the practice arena. It would be more beneficial if you shared to us how you tested it and your exact results.

I have no clue about rainbow blast. Wouldn't be surprised if it was broken, though. XD

Yeah, I plan on attempting to post a video showing my results with this. I would have now but my internet is shoddy atm from posting a different video >.> Hence I lagged to hell and back in places lol. But from what I see, Mobile Fotress does in fact heal. Cause from what I can tell you have no HP regen inside of battle, but yet I clearly heal while I'm being fought. Usually it's only 3-15 a tick, but it seems to tick when I'm getting hit. Like I said, I'll get you guys a video after work and when my net clears up lol

J_MTN
09-22-2015, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I plan on attempting to post a video showing my results with this. I would have now but my internet is shoddy atm from posting a different video >.> Hence I lagged to hell and back in places lol. But from what I see, Mobile Fotress does in fact heal. Cause from what I can tell you have no HP regen inside of battle, but yet I clearly heal while I'm being fought. Usually it's only 3-15 a tick, but it seems to tick when I'm getting hit. Like I said, I'll get you guys a video after work and when my net clears up lol

That's interesting. I've never noticed it before. and since we're on the subject of crazy heals and sustainability, I fought a sprout today that was soo hard to bring down. Must have stacked a ton of bowling. His healing move was healing him ridiculously fast. He'd just throw it down and stand on it when he was near death. It took at least two of us to kill him. Usually we'd drag the fight on long enough to drain his energy. The other person playing with me was an ace. Whenever sprout would try to stand in the grass, he would push him out of it. Just goes to show that teamwork beats all.

Hellblades
09-23-2015, 01:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZNNOh1izOc

Here's the link to the video I made showing the Mobile Fortress heals. Plus, I showed my Build for you to see =P But yeah.

Also, yeah a good team owns any single person. If not, then they may want to change their tactics. Biggest hurt to my build is ignoring me. Cause if you're not attacking me, my mobile fortress isn't helping me at all XD

J_MTN
09-23-2015, 04:58 PM

Here's the link to the video I made showing the Mobile Fortress heals. Plus, I showed my Build for you to see =P But yeah.

Also, yeah a good team owns any single person. If not, then they may want to change their tactics. Biggest hurt to my build is ignoring me. Cause if you're not attacking me, my mobile fortress isn't helping me at all XD

Nice gameplay! You're right, there is definitely some healing going on. In some instances, you are refreshing the HoT that is gained from Khan's Battle Plan. However, It does appear that healing is still present even when Khan's Battle Plan is not in effect.

From what I can tell, the healing isn't much at all. I don't think it should be considered a balance issue whether it was intended or not. Leatherhead is super tanky, yes. But his abilities cost a ton and his damage output is not very great at all. All he has going for him is his stuns, honestly. A Tanky character with high zoning potential fills the classic MOBA support role beautifully.

Sure, Mobile Fortress may need to be tweaked slightly. IMO, it is a tad too strong atm. But it doesn't take away from the game too much right now, anyways.

Hellblades
09-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Nice gameplay! You're right, there is definitely some healing going on. In some instances, you are refreshing the HoT that is gained from Khan's Battle Plan. However, It does appear that healing is still present even when Khan's Battle Plan is not in effect.

From what I can tell, the healing isn't much at all. I don't think it should be considered a balance issue whether it was intended or not. Leatherhead is super tanky, yes. But his abilities cost a ton and his damage output is not very great at all. All he has going for him is his stuns, honestly. A Tanky character with high zoning potential fills the classic MOBA support role beautifully.

Sure, Mobile Fortress may need to be tweaked slightly. IMO, it is a tad too strong atm. But it doesn't take away from the game too much right now, anyways.

I had a feeling that 50 heal was from the Khan (Which I think I mentioned in the video when I saw the 50s), but the 4-12 appears to be from me getting hit. It's really not alot, but given you don't heal in battle, it's a great life saver. Had a round of Plunderball today actually that I was in 10% HP and out of energy with the ball, barely survived to get a Energy pick up and poped Mobile Fortress, ended up not only surviving since the Khans chasing me weren't avoiding my attacks (One I know was a player, the other may have been a bot), but ended up killing one of them cause the Xavilla on the team came by and wrecked him while he was beating on me lol. Think it was a bot too, which is funny cause Bot Xavillas are usually terrible, and the Khan was the player one. >.> I think he was thinking he could outheal a DPS + a tank with his Salvage strike.

Oh and off topic I noticed you don't have a Kilowatt build on the wiki and that's the next one I plan on trying out, going max DPS + Healing for support =3 Lots of energy so I can always pop the healing move and my uber attack lol

omgoff
09-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Oh and off topic I noticed you don't have a Kilowatt build on the wiki and that's the next one I plan on trying out, going max DPS + Healing for support =3 Lots of energy so I can always pop the healing move and my uber attack lol

Kilowatt is my main. He's fantastic. I run a mixture of tier 2 & 3 bowling, tier 2 & 3 elbow pads, and tier 2 energy regen. Kilowatt can carry games as well as support his team.

Enjoy playing!

Hellblades
09-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Kilowatt is my main. He's fantastic. I run a mixture of tier 2 & 3 bowling, tier 2 & 3 elbow pads, and tier 2 energy regen. Kilowatt can carry games as well as support his team.

Enjoy playing!

I'm sure I will. When I first had to do a Kilowatt daily on like my second day playing, I was amazed by the strength of his attacks, and yet still has a helpful healing move for his teammates. Very fun to play as. I'm probably gonna do Kilowatt then maybe Ninjette cause I'd like a crit build on one of my charactors lol We'll see.

Badass Turtle came first though =D

rainwoods69
09-25-2015, 10:32 AM

Did u look st khans passive. When he gets hit he heals an ally

Hellblades
09-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Did u look st khans passive. When he gets hit he heals an ally

Yes, that's true. However if you watch the whole video, I get heals anytime I use mobile fortress not just when the Khan is around. That's why sometimes I heal 8-14, and others I healed 50. I'm almost positive the 50s were because of the Khan. The others I get all the time when I'm playing.

Fishpaste777
09-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Yes, that's true. However if you watch the whole video, I get heals anytime I use mobile fortress not just when the Khan is around. That's why sometimes I heal 8-14, and others I healed 50. I'm almost positive the 50s were because of the Khan. The others I get all the time when I'm playing.

The mobile fortress skill heals 50 each time you are hit; regardless of the fact that the skill description does not mention it.