PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ever TGT Community Tournament! Sign Up Today!

Emomiime
09-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone! I have some very exciting news for all of you! I will be hosting a TGT Tournament and all of you are invited to come and join in on this amazing event. In short, this tournament will be 4v4 best of 3 Plunderball that will start Sept. 19th at 2 p.m. EST time Time is tentative and can be changed if needed, but no later than 7 days before the tournament. Below are the rules and requirements as well as prizes!

Rules:
No duplicate champions on same team, however, there can be multiple of a champion in one game (1 per team)
Cannot use a champion that has been released for less than one week
All badges and workouts are available to use at this time. If one badge/workout becomes a problem, it may be outlawed in future tournaments until the item is changed.

Tournament will be best of 3 Plunderball single elimination
Each team will consist of a minimum of 4 player and a maximum of 6 players (2 subs)
Each team will need a captain that will be in charge of communicating decisions to me such as team roster, team name, and picks and bans in the matches themselves.
Teams will decided according to who you guys want to team up with. I will also creating a forum post for those who are looking to join teams, so if you don't have anyone in mind, feel free to post single and we will find you a team.
The captain for each team will be required to stream their game in order for refs to be able to watch the game for fair play and to be streamed for the community to see.

How will teams que up against each other?
We will use practice mode and have both team que up at the same time until they get into the same match.
Picks and bans will be done verbally before queing up due to short pick times in game.
The Bracket will be set up using http://challonge.com/1stComTGT
At this time, teams do not need to sign up. If I continue to run tournaments, then teams may have to in the future.
Seeds will be randomly generated.

Exploiting bugs during a tournament is considered illegal and will result in an automatic loss.(known bug atm is being able to jump into spawn zones with champs like rook/oddilus)

Picks/Bans
Coin toss to decide who goes first (Coin toss will be decided using https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/33532/#fullscreen)

Team1:1 Ban
Team2:1 Ban

Team1:2 Picks
Team2:1 Picks

Team1:2 Pick
Team2:3 Picks

This draft phase is very experimental and will be altered according to results from this tournament.
Once there are enough champions in the game, duplicate Champions will not be allowed in same game as well as team.

How will this work?
Both teams as well as one tourney mod will join in a private party chat using the PS4 Party function. Only team captains and the mod will be allowed to speak.
Other team members must communicate to team using another method (group messaging using PS4 for example).

Team Sign Ups
Using this forums, submit your team in the following format:
Names are based on PSN names not forum names.
Team Sign Ups Will Run Until September 18th

Team Name:
Captain:
Member1:
Member2:
Member3:
Sub1: (optional)
Sub2: (optional)

Prizes
And now the part you all have been waiting for! Prizes will be rewarded to the top 3 teams. I will record every team that participates for possible rewards in the future as well.

All Packs that are rewarded are given to us by Kiz Studios themselves! Be sure to thank them! (THANK YOU!!!).
Only members that participated in at least 2 games themselves will receive rewards. (Subs do not get rewards unless they actually sub in for a member.)

3rd Place: All members receive the Welcome TGT Pack Which consists of: 10k coins, 5 XP boosts, 5 Coin boosts. (If you have already received one of the packs you will not be able to receive another in which case sorry. You will be remembered and I will try to see that you do receive a reward in the future.)

2nd Place: All members will receive a Chip Pack which will have 1,400 chips in the pack!

And our first place winners will receive: All members will get a Chip Pack as well as a $20 PSN card!

Hopefully you guys are just as stoked as I am and choose to participate in this wonderful event! Good luck and you might want to start practicing!

Also, if you would like to help the tournament, but participating is not your thing, help would be nice like tournament moderators and a shout caster (Otherwise I might have to shout cast and I'm not that interesting... you don't want that ;) )

Teams Signed Up:
1. Short Bus Bandits
2. Rickety Rickety Wrecked
3. Ambition
4. RIFF
5. Reckoctopus
6. xXCold_FearXx Gaming Group
7. Beta Reapers
8. Last Chance
9. Yeti
10. Salvage Shield
11. Last Second

Teh_Fuz
09-07-2015, 04:52 PM
PSN: Teh_Fuz-z
Champ: Rook
(AZ) MST 6pm+

Nodnarb_420
09-07-2015, 06:30 PM
What will be done in the event of a game crash?

Emomiime
09-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Hello there! As crashes are quite frequent and we do not know how to control them, the game will be restarted from the beginning if at the start or during a game. If the game is almost over (less than a min) then the person with the obvious advantage will be given the win (lets say less than a min left and a 2-0 score). If there is not on obvious winner, a new match will be made and first to score will win. All crashes I have experienced though are either at the beginning or the end so this shouldn't be a problem once a game starts.

Nodnarb_420
09-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Thats what I figured, just wanted to get it in writing before we start so no one can complain about it.

Nodnarb_420
09-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Ooooooooo maybe the devs can post something on the in game news feed about the tourney.

Lord knows forum users are a small percentage of the playerbase, even on massive titles like wow or destiny. It would help raise awareness.

Fishpaste777
09-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Is this supported by kizstudios?

Nodnarb_420
09-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Is this supported by kizstudios?

More or less. It is being ran by the players, but kiz has sactioned it and they are supplying the rewards.

Devante Pangowish
09-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Captain: XShrouded-GrinX Member #1: Nodnarb_420 Member #2: I_Dont_Scam Member #3: XXKRYPTKXX Team Name:Short Bus Bandits

Emomiime
09-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Hello Fishpaste! Yes this is! Not only are they providing rewards, but I have discussed this with them along the way. If you follow their social media, I also hear that they plan are announcing the tournament on there soon as well.

GamerNoah
09-08-2015, 11:12 PM
So what would happen if you want to take part in it, but can't find a team? Will those people just not be apart of it or will they be put on like, Team Oddball? xD

Devante Pangowish
09-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Hey Noah, a team is required and there's many active TGT Players. Also there's a Player Name List forum to add/play with other TGT players

Fishpaste777
09-09-2015, 01:19 AM
Team pending:)

Emomiime
09-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Hello Noah! I have made a forum for people to try and find other team members! Hopefully you will be able to find some peeps to play with! If you are unable to find a team by that time and there are at least 4 of you then sure we can put you all on a team.

jiggiesmalls
09-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Hey I'm really sad I get to miss out on this tournament because of I have to work every Sa****ay. Anyway next time you could announce the tournaments 3-4 weeks before it starts that way I can ask for work off? that would be great I bet there's other people that have conflicts as well. The next tournament you should do is annihilation. lets see who dominates the kills. Just suggestions hopefully I can catch the next tournament

jiggiesmalls
09-09-2015, 11:20 AM
S a t u r d a y I wasn't trying to curse.... haha

Emomiime
09-10-2015, 04:42 AM
Sorry about that jiggiesmalls. I knew there would be a conflict in schedule with some people but I had hoped the majority would be able to make it. Next time I will definitely try to announce much sooner so people can make plans appropriately both in real life as well as preparations in the game. Again sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to make sure to give people plenty of time next time!

Fishpaste777
09-10-2015, 05:36 AM
So.... what's the tournament entry deadline?

Bop Barker
09-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Team: Rickety Rickety Wrecked
Captain: bopbarker
Member 1: Athear
Member 2: GLADDENNATOR
Member 3: TwistyCashew
Sub 1: skojoe
Sub 2: Snake_Eyes3456

Sorry for the delayed entry, have been ready since the first day but was allowing my viewers to vote on the name we would go with. We will be streaming from my channel at (www.twitch.tv/bopbarker).

Bop Barker
09-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Sorry for double post, wanted this to be separate from our entry. All the exploits that are going on with badges should be banned from this tournament. There are plenty of badges that are working as intended to keep this tournament competitive without using badges that are allowing people to infinitely stack buffs or be invincible.

Fishpaste777
09-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Sorry for double post, wanted this to be separate from our entry. All the exploits that are going on with badges should be banned from this tournament. There are plenty of badges that are working as intended to keep this tournament competitive without using badges that are allowing people to infinitely stack buffs or be invincible.

No one is invincible, you just need the right badge on your champ. You cant prepare for every situation with just one champ.

Bop Barker
09-10-2015, 08:57 PM
There needs to be a limit on how much refresher should stack. right now it stacks infinite and allows people to not take damage as long as they keep getting hits. it's an exploitable mechanic, and when 4 people with all different badges beat on 1 person and they don't die and stack attack speed to do the same thing the now fixed machine gun did there is something wrong. There are even videos out there bringing these exploits to light. This is a huge problem with Nexi with her life steal and attack speed increase, so yes there are invincible characters when this is exploited.

Fishpaste777
09-10-2015, 09:00 PM
There needs to be a limit on how much refresher should stack. right now it stacks infinite and allows people to not take damage as long as they keep getting hits. it's an exploitable mechanic, and when 4 people with all different badges beat on 1 person and they don't die and stack attack speed to do the same thing the now fixed machine gun did there is something wrong. There are even videos out there bringing these exploits to light. This is a huge problem with Nexi with her life steal and attack speed increase, so yes there are invincible characters when this is exploited.

Go use nexi right now, she's hardly a factor since 1.08... platymus on the other hand.. super broke

Bop Barker
09-10-2015, 09:21 PM
it's more about the fact that the exploits need to be banned from the tournament than any specific champion. That's the point i'm trying to get across. All champions can be really good and have legit un-exploitable builds.

FALACYy
09-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Looking for a team Psn: FALACYy

Hangtime1984
09-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Team Name: Ambition
Captain: Hangtime1984
Member1:Clutch_GT
Member2:x_-SynYster-_x
Member3:iThrowLightning
sub1: Roman48
sub2: Pureray-

DemonicAries
09-11-2015, 02:14 PM
I do have one issue, they have not patched the bug where rook can go under the map, i dont abuse this glitch but sometimes when im teleporting ill accidentally fall through the map and wont die with girded. What if this happens during the tournament?

Emomiime
09-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Hello everyone! I added the other teams to the post as well as added a deadline for the sign ups. Please sign up before the 18th so that I can sort out all of the brackets as well as get in contact with other the team leaders. I will also be checking to see if refresher is working as intended. If this badge is working as the description states, this will be legal in the tournament. If Refresher is not working, then I will ban it.

If you believe refresher is OP even if it is working correctly, remember, ccs such as stuns can make the target unable to auto attack which makes the buff disappear. Ace is a great recommended champion for this as he has two stuns, one silence, and one of his stuns also has a % damage resistance debuff making tanking targets killable.

Bop Barker
09-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone! I added the other teams to the post as well as added a deadline for the sign ups. Please sign up before the 18th so that I can sort out all of the brackets as well as get in contact with other the team leaders. I will also be checking to see if refresher is working as intended. If this badge is working as the description states, this will be legal in the tournament. If Refresher is not working, then I will ban it.

If you believe refresher is OP even if it is working correctly, remember, ccs such as stuns can make the target unable to auto attack which makes the buff disappear. Ace is a great recommended champion for this as he has two stuns, one silence, and one of his stuns also has a % damage resistance debuff making tanking targets killable.

Fair enough.

Please fix the name of our team it's not Rickety Rickety, it's Rickety Rickety Wrecked. Thank you.

Emomiime
09-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Hello there Demonic! So yes this Rook glitch is a real problem. Today I will try and see if I can find a sure proof way to fall through the game. If it is actually 100% random, then I will address what we will do in the tournament here. I am really hoping that with patch 1.08 that this is fixed (fingers crossed) as I have not tested it yet. Thank you Demonic for bringing this issue up, and look forward to my response later today!

GamerNoah
09-13-2015, 08:45 PM
*hopes 3 other people want to take part in this tournament*
I haven't been able to find a team </3
If anything, I guess I'll be cheering from the side lines xD

Nodnarb_420
09-14-2015, 05:39 AM
For the next tournament they really need to put something in the in game news feed.

I know we still have 5 days to sign up, but 4 teams is pretty pathetic. If every player was told that first place was paying out 90$ worth of prizes per player the turnout would have been better.

You cant count on the average player to check the forums or social media.

Bop Barker
09-14-2015, 05:59 AM
For the next tournament they really need to put something in the in game news feed.

I know we still have 5 days to sign up, but 4 teams is pretty pathetic. If every player was told that first place was paying out 90$ worth of prizes per player the turnout would have been better.

You cant count on the average player to check the forums or social media.

Totally agreed, and at least a month of heads up on when it's going to be. I found out yesterday that 2 of my guys haven't gotten a for sure answer on if they will be working or not during the tournament time. Forum goers especially for console games are a minority, because of that there needs to be something stating in game especially since Kiz is providing the prizes. There wasn't even a Tweet about it on the official Twitter accounts.

Emomiime
09-14-2015, 09:21 AM
Hello there! I tried to get Kiz to post on their social media and I was told they were going to but this simply did not happen. Also about the prize money. The $20 PSN cards are personally coming out of my pocket. As a college student who only has a part time job, this was what I could do so I am sorry that there is not a higher prize pool. Due to the fact this is a community based tournament, I have no power whether or not the devs choose to post about my tournament on the main game so again I am sorry, but hopefully we can still have some fun.

Fishpaste777
09-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Fun will be had:)

Bop Barker
09-14-2015, 01:14 PM
I have no doubt it will be fun, and thanks for organizing this.

Ladykillanoob
09-14-2015, 01:51 PM
*hopes 3 other people want to take part in this tournament*
I haven't been able to find a team </3
If anything, I guess I'll be cheering from the side lines xD

Need a team mate? I'm down :D

Ladykillanoob
09-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Hello there! I tried to get Kiz to post on their social media and I was told they were going to but this simply did not happen. Also about the prize money. The $20 PSN cards are personally coming out of my pocket. As a college student who only has a part time job, this was what I could do so I am sorry that there is not a higher prize pool. Due to the fact this is a community based tournament, I have no power whether or not the devs choose to post about my tournament on the main game so again I am sorry, but hopefully we can still have some fun.

Very thoughtful of you :)

DemonicAries
09-14-2015, 02:28 PM
So i may need a sub, do i have to find one prior to entering my team or can i enter now and add my sub(s) in later on?

kzin
09-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Thanks Emomiime! If the team, I am on wins, I would like you to keep the $20. School first!

Emomiime
09-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Hello there! @Demonic, I would prefer that when you sign up for the team that you put subs in as other team members (remember you can up to 6 people on your team, 4 players and 2 subs) If you cannot find a sub until that Satur day, please feel free to contact me here or on psn asap and we may be able to make it work out!

@Kzin Thank you very much for your consideration, however, I would much rather prefer you to take the $20!!! Due to scholarships as well as my part time job, I am currently 100% debt free from school and I am actually making more than what I am spending at school in just scholarships alone! Again, thank you for your consideration, but I work hard for the money that I make and would feel more honored for some one from this community to use that money for themselves! =)

GamerNoah
09-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Need a team mate? I'm down :D

That'd be awesome :o I won't be able to get on till later tho to add ya.. If we need people, I might have some in mind~

DemonicAries
09-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Team Name: Raff
Captain: DemonicAries

Members:

c75cent
FALACYy
Kzin

Sub: Frickzaen

Ladykillanoob
09-14-2015, 06:08 PM
That'd be awesome :o I won't be able to get on till later tho to add ya.. If we need people, I might have some in mind~

Alrighty :)

Julian Bruce
09-15-2015, 10:44 PM
I have no team but would be interested in playing. I have 120 wins 34 losses 318 captures for plunderball as Kahn. My playstation ID is gogswarriors

GamerNoah
09-16-2015, 12:03 AM
I have no team but would be interested in playing. I have 120 wins 34 losses 318 captures for plunderball as Kahn. My playstation ID is gogswarriors

I could add ya if you'd like~ May or may not get a 4th person for a team tho.. Idk

TheSpicyBadger
09-17-2015, 09:42 AM
If a team is in need of a player I'm here to join. I'm a good team player and have over a 70% winrate with most champs.

Donkey_Kuan
09-17-2015, 02:22 PM
If team need a player just let me know, thanks

Capt_Sno
09-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Team Name: xXCold_FearXx Gaming Group
Captain: Capt_Sno
Member1:NatAllThat
Member2:JemTyphus
Member3:lilch3rry08
Sub1: Marbles7389
Sub2: xXCptCrazyXx

Capt_Sno
09-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Question How is the ban system going to work? Is it going to be like in other mobas where say Team 1 bans Kahn Team 1 and Team 2 can't use it? Or is it going to be like Team 1 bans kahn team 2 can't use it but team 1 can?

jenadi_ellyaz
09-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Team Name:Beta Reapers
Captain: Jenadi_Ellyaz
Member1:Nomad_LGI
Member2:TheBEASTYacornXD
Member3:andy47007
Sub1: (optional)CRIMS0N_AXEL
Sub2: (optional)eli_disturbed

Capt_Sno
09-17-2015, 11:59 PM
How will this work?
Both teams as well as one tourney mod will join in a private party chat using the PS4 Party function. Only team captains and the mod will be allowed to speak.
Other team members must communicate to team using another method (group messaging using PS4 for example).

If both teams are in the party along with a mod and both teams have subs that is 13 people in a party. How will that work...you can only have 8. Even if they didn't have subs that would leave you with 9 people with 8 Slots. Wouldn't it make sense to have 1 team and 1 mod in one party and one team and another mod in the other? That way you can fit everyone. Or is this going to work like both captains and 1 mod in the party and the rest of the team isn't in the party.
Also if the only the captain can talk in the party and the others using a different method will this prevent teams from forming a strategy mid game. For example it wont be a live action type of strategy match where you can plan or be like "Oh they have the ball heading from the top" you can't really do that with this setup.

Thomas Yan
09-18-2015, 01:24 AM
psn : pcyhouse

Currently rank 28 on plunder ball.

Need good teammates for the tournament. Level 30

Bop Barker
09-18-2015, 03:58 AM
Update to our roster, somebody will be working and we found a replacement.

Team: Rickety Rickety Wrecked
Captain: bopbarker
Member 1: Athear
Member 2: GLADDENNATOR
Member 3: TwistyCashew
Sub 1: Snake_Eyes3456
Sub 2: pcyhouse

RealRookMrCrook
09-18-2015, 07:58 AM
waiting for my teammates to get on so we can make a team name and all. Still good to sign up today right?

Fishpaste777
09-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Yes you can:)

RealRookMrCrook
09-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info Fish I think I lost a guy but should still have a another team I'm Crooked_856 I'm in!!!

Fishpaste777
09-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Well if you need a team let me know, I've got an extra spot :p

RealRookMrCrook
09-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Will do but if I get my team, good luck man

Fishpaste777
09-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Good luck:)

Virkynguyen
09-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Psn ID: yolohcm
I need a slot in any team

GamerNoah
09-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Team Name : Last Chance
Captain : iPityTheFoool
Member 1 : Ladykillanoob
Member 2 : gogswarriors
Member 3 : TheSpicyBadger

Fishpaste777
09-18-2015, 12:33 PM

Fought your 3 man group twice this morning, very fun battles:)

Ladykillanoob
09-18-2015, 01:24 PM

Waiting for reply. Sorry about that.

Emomiime
09-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Attention Everyone! Tonight at 12:00 A.M. EST is the deadline for sign ups. Originally yesterday was going to be the last day for sign ups, but I have given a little more leeway. At that time, I will post brackets for tomorrow! I will start adding the team captains on PSN at this time so I can communicate with you during the tournament tomorrow! Squeeze that practice in and let's have fun tomorrow!

DemonicAries
09-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Team Raff is dead.

Chris Jeffrey
09-18-2015, 05:31 PM
team name: reckoctopus
captain : XxadrammelechXx
member 1 clarbear2011
member 2 weez420
member 3 Renegade_Reaper
sub 1 fdcbrian
sub 2 LuBu_27

Ladykillanoob
09-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Team Raff is dead.

Don't give up Aries!! :)

DemonicAries
09-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Don't give up Aries!! :)

These tournaments arent for me anyway. Looks like in future tournaments we may not even get to play as our favorite champs even if they dont get banned. If someone picks first and takes a champ you wanted to use then whats the point of these tournaments? Ive always wanted to someday to be good enough in a game to actually participate in tournaments but it seems that these tournaments are some weird mix of random match ups. This isnt a tournament anymore its some game with an extra twist. At least thats how I see it. Why limit a teams max potential, just so the opposing team has a chance to beat a formidable team?

What i was really looking foreward to was fighting bop barkers team, id rather try to win against his team at his best, not take a low blow, wheres the challange in a handicap?

Im hanging it up its been fun good luck tomorrow everyone.

Deadlykila
09-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Team Name:Yeti
Captain:BattleOfElves
Member 1:xByS-Rampage
Member 2:iJokerFaced
Member 3:ImTonyMontana__

Vaticide_Unknown
09-18-2015, 09:03 PM
I need a team asap please find me a team please.

Vaticide_Unknown
09-18-2015, 09:07 PM
I need a team please I'm level 30

Emomiime
09-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Hey if anyone needs a team member Vaticide_Unknown is looking for one!

Phridom
09-18-2015, 09:44 PM
If only I could use sprout XP

TGO1125
09-18-2015, 10:49 PM
Team Name:Salvage Shield
Captain: Ahmad1125
Member1:JFC420
Member2:fishpaste777
Member3:KILLU305
Sub1:Live4hero
Sub2:yousuckbad666

Vaticide_Unknown
09-18-2015, 10:56 PM
Teanm last second
Captain Vaticide_Unknown
c75cent
The_8-bit_Dragon
Pending

Emomiime
09-18-2015, 11:04 PM

Fishpaste777
09-18-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm not on that team guys... I'm a captain of another team..

Emomiime
09-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Alright everyone the bracket is finished! Unfortunately, we have an odd number of teams so there are some teams that get a first round by. The bracket was randomly generated and I did not choose which teams goes against which. Good luck tomorrow guys and see you at 2 p.m. est sharp!

http://challonge.com/1stComTGT (Tourney Bracket!)

Bop Barker
09-19-2015, 04:35 AM
So excited for the tourney, hoping i can fall asleep soon haha. Good luck to all the teams!

Vaticide_Unknown
09-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Update to team
Captain Vaticide_Unknown
c75cent
Sky_Trap
pcyhouse
Sub:The_8-bit_Dragon

Imtonymontana__
09-19-2015, 11:33 AM
I wanted to join someone team but I guess I'm too late but anyways good looks everyone

Deadlykila
09-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Imtonymonta u want to join my team

Vaticide_Unknown
09-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Forgot to add Solid_Snake005 as a sub

kzin
09-19-2015, 12:42 PM
I would like to thank Emomiime, for taking the time to setup this tournament and Kiz Studios, for sanctioning the tournament.

Signups are closed, my team disbanded on the last day. I was looking forward for this tournament. I scheduled this day off for nothing. Waste of time, money and patience.

Sorry about the rambling, just depressed.

Good luck to all the teams!

GamerNoah
09-19-2015, 01:10 PM
TEAM UPDATE
Team name : Last Chance
Captain : iPityTheFoool
Member 1 : Ladykillanoob
Member 2 : gogswarriors
Member 3 : YoloHCM
Subs : TheSpicyBadger

Ladykillanoob
09-19-2015, 01:57 PM
I would like to thank Emomiime, for taking the time to setup this tournament and Kiz Studios, for sanctioning the tournament.

Signups are closed, my team disbanded on the last day. I was looking forward for this tournament. I scheduled this day off for nothing. Waste of time, money and patience.

Sorry about the rambling, just depressed.

Good luck to all the teams!

That's too bad. And thank you :D

Julian Bruce
09-19-2015, 04:32 PM
That sucks Kzin. But based on how long these matches are taking taking a whole day off was probably necessary :( I do appreciate everyone who set it up though! Chatting it up with my teammates has been fun :)

Ladykillanoob
09-19-2015, 06:13 PM
That sucks Kzin. But based on how long these matches are taking taking a whole day off was probably necessary :( I do appreciate everyone who set it up though! Chatting it up with my teammates has been fun :)

Yes it was fun but I just didn't have a whole day available. :/. My team did great. Nice playing with you guys. :D

Emomiime
09-19-2015, 06:17 PM
I am really sorry guys for how long the tournament took! First time hosting a tournament! I will be adding a feedback section so that we can figure out the positives and negatives of the tournament so that the next one can move smoother. Thanks guys for coming out today and hope you guys had some fun!

Hangtime1984
09-19-2015, 07:44 PM
GG everyone congrats to all who participated. Really enjoyed playing some pretty tough teams.

Capt_Sno
09-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks for playing everyone my team and I had a ton of fun even though we got wrecked lol anyways congrats to Ambition for winning!!!

Bop Barker
09-20-2015, 01:04 AM
After watching videos of matches and testing stuff out can somebody please explain to me how rainbow blast, restraining bolt, and static blast can get through mobile fortress but fire stomp, stone form 2nd ability, and dark bolts can't get through mobile fortress? There were some serious unbalancing issues brought to light in this tournament, but after people saw in the first match how unbalanced this game is, they completely stopped watching the entire tournament. Honestly, this tournament hurt this games popularity more than helping it. It was a disaster and if Kiz Studios had been watching, they probably would have shut it down! I will be proving on every one of my streams all of the unbalanced issues in the game and I will be dedicating my stream time to testing out every single thing in this game.

Fishpaste777
09-20-2015, 03:01 AM
It was a great time. Made me realize how competitive this game can really be. I'm looking forward to what is in store for tgt and am ready to build a team for the next one:)

Bop Barker
09-20-2015, 03:35 AM
after running some more tests, Platimus should not have been allowed in this tournament. His rainbow blast completely ignores all resistances no matter what buff, workouts, everything. At full bowling balls his rainbow blast should hit for 880 against something with no elemental resistance. now going up against a leatherhead with 77% elemental resistance rainbow blast still hits for 880 damage. now leatherhead uses mobile fortress rainbow blast still hits the leatherhead for 880 damage. The first place and second place team took advantage of a broken mechanic in this tournament to win. I will be posting a full video tomorrow on how broken this is and why neither team should be rewarded for exploiting.

LeeQuick
09-20-2015, 09:27 AM
What about the third place team lol

Emomiime
09-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Hello there Bop Emomiime here! First off I would like to apologize that the Platimus bug has negatively affected the tournament. I wanted this tournament to be a match up of skillful players versing each other rather than a bug deciding the wins and losses of the tournament. However, this bug was completely unknown to me until after the tournament had occurred. No where in the forums did any one post this as a problem before or during the tournament. If this bug with Platimus' Rainbow Blast would've been known before/during the tournament, then Platimus would have been banned in this tournament. However, since this is not the case, Platimus was legal.

I can most definitely understand your frustration, but you didn't even know about this bug until after the tournament had occured and then state that Platimus should not have been allowed in the tournament. Again, no one knew/addressed this bug so you know what they say "Hind sight is always 20/20" or if you look into the past as of the present, it is glaring obvious that Platimus should have been banned, but you didn't have this knowledge in the past as neither did I so Platimus was allowed.

Again, I am sorry and while this is very frustrating for both you and me, the tournament still happened and the winners will still be allowed to get their prizes. They were not exploiting because they used Platimus. Exploiting is when you know of a bug and then use it to your advantage. Due to the fact no one before or even when I talked to them during the tournament, knew how Platimus did so much damage. Everyone thought that his scaling is just very high (third highest in the game behind ninjette and Leatherhead). Since they had no knowledge of this bug, they were not taking advantage or exploiting, but simply playing Platimus.

Now of course this is a major problem that led to bugs controlling the wins and losses, but that is also why the tournament was set up the way it was, to try and counter act problems like this. With best 2/3 that means at the bare minimum two matches are player rather than one. This means you can see what your opponents play and ****yze which champion is a major threat and some one you should ban for the next game. If you saw Platimus as a problem, you had the opportunity to ban Platimus or change your team comp to work around this. Of course this system is not perfect, but it does help!

Here is a suggestion for the entire community. Right now the game is plagued with bugs, but also the bug report forum has a problem itself. So many people have posted the same types of bugs over and over. As a community, we need to make a new and updated post that encompasses all bugs that are currently effecting the game. I will be making a new bug post for all known bugs, as well as ways to trigger these bugs. It is nice to know there is a bug, but better to know what triggers the bug so that the devs can fix the bug easier. I am very sincerely sorry that the tournament ended up this way, but simply this was just an unknown problem that has occurred. Let's hunt down these bugs and fix our game!

Nodnarb_420
09-20-2015, 10:59 AM
after running some more tests, Platimus should not have been allowed in this tournament. His rainbow blast completely ignores all resistances no matter what buff, workouts, everything. At full bowling balls his rainbow blast should hit for 880 against something with no elemental resistance. now going up against a leatherhead with 77% elemental resistance rainbow blast still hits for 880 damage. now leatherhead uses mobile fortress rainbow blast still hits the leatherhead for 880 damage. The first place and second place team took advantage of a broken mechanic in this tournament to win. I will be posting a full video tomorrow on how broken this is and why neither team should be rewarded for exploiting.

Every team, except first place team, banned my plat after the first match lol. The first place team adapted and ran girded and continued to ban our kilo.

I honestly didnt know it was bugged out because I run crusher and our nexi was making good use of his resist debuff. And we banned leatherhead a lot.

Cruzzmak
09-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Should have ran with no bans so you could see the brokenness, not trying to be negative. I love this game and it totes serious potential and I'm sure the fixes will come, but the the fact this is a beta you need to expose every bit of inequality as fast as possible as to some fixes might be easy for coders and developers as some may not. Keep up the good work devs, and let the players remain vocal and patient.

Bop Barker
09-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Actually page 3 of this thread Fishpaste said that Platimus is broken and you conveniently didn't look into it then or see it doing your detective like search on the forums. Saying that they didn't know about it is also unacceptable because their entire strategy was built around forcing people to ban Leatherhead so they could use Platimus. Did you even go back and watch the first round? Did you watch While it was live? They cranked their respawn time down so their LH could sit in a corner and make it almost impossible to get to him to even have a chance to try to stun him at the the right fraction of a second to be able to nuke him. We managed to get to him once with three champions that stun after we took out the rest of his team in one swipe, but they were back on us in no time at all even though we were constantly killing them they had almost no respawn timer. So after the rest of the teams saw that and didn't want to deal with them turtling, everybody banned Leatherhead. You know who they played the rest of the time? Platimus? Who won the tournament? The team that cheated and took advantage of the rules. I don't buy that their team didn't know they were taking advantage of it, and your negligence on not looking into Platimus, after somebody stating it was broken, makes your response unacceptable.

I don't even care that we lost. it's just the fact that they built their entire strategy to use a broken character, and it worked and they are getting rewarded for it by Kiz. People that are good at this game are done with it now because of the way you handled this and how a broken mechanic was taken advantage of. This looks so bad on you and in no way was this a competitive tournament. You dropped the ball hard and will not accept that this was a flop and should have been shut down. I blame you for letting this happen and I will not participate in anything you are a part of in the future.

Nodnarb_420
09-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Plat alone didnt get my team to second place. Both teams we beat banned him after the first match. If I played my ninjette in boths rounds we still would have made it to second place.

Its also not my responsibility to read every post every day. I hadnt touched the forums or even the game in over a week prior to the tournament.

I only watched a couple of the streams, we had a long wait before our first match and we spent most of that time getting practice in. I didnt see any of the first place teams streams, so I cant comment on anything but our match vs them. As I said before they adapted to my plat in the second round with girded. You had the chance to do that as well.

Hangtime1984
09-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Plat alone didnt get my team to second place. Both teams we beat banned him after the first match. If I played my ninjette in boths rounds we still would have made it to second place.

Its also not my responsibility to read every post every day. I hadnt touched the forums or even the game in over a week prior to the tournament.

I only watched a couple of the streams, we had a long wait before our first match and we spent most of that time getting practice in. I didnt see any of the first place teams streams, so I cant comment on anything but our match vs them. As I said before they adapted to my plat in the second round with girded. You had the chance to do that as well.

You did an amazing job with your plat and taught us how to improve. I felt you balanced healing and damage better than i did.

I'm not going to worry about how one BIG STREAMER in this game feels. He was even coaching the another team on how to beat us...SMH

My friends have been playing together in other games competitive for 3 years and what helped us is chemistry and knowledge of other games.

Ladykillanoob
09-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Every team, except first place team, banned my plat after the first match lol. The first place team adapted and ran girded and continued to ban our kilo.

I honestly didnt know it was bugged out because I run crusher and our nexi was making good use of his resist debuff. And we banned leatherhead a lot.

That was what they did to my team, banned our kilowatt the entire game. Smh

Bop Barker
09-20-2015, 12:54 PM
I wasn't talking to you nobnard I was talking to emo. No it wasn't your responsibility and if you read my entire post you would know I wasn't talking to you.

Hangtime1984
09-20-2015, 01:14 PM
After watching videos of matches and testing stuff out can somebody please explain to me how rainbow blast, restraining bolt, and static blast can get through mobile fortress but fire stomp, stone form 2nd ability, and dark bolts can't get through mobile fortress?.

Very simple answer that people just don't realize about this game. Only hint i'm giving you game is based off classes NOT character powers.

Emomiime
09-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Hey there Bop! Let me tell you a list of Champions that people have said that are broken. Khan, Kilowatt, Nexi, Leatherhead, Ninjette, Platimus, and Rook. Should I have banned all of these champions because people stated that they were broken? Again, if you really thought that their entire team was built around Platimus, you should've banned his butt all three games... Your negligence not mine. If Fishpaste would have stated that Platimus is broken due to a bug that would have been completely different. I am sorry that you feel the way that you do and like to make many assumptions. My entire intention for this tournament was to help support the community. Many people that I have played with have stated that this game had become boring to them or a grind because they often did not go against many worth opponents. So I created this tournament. Also, as a fellow member of the community shouldn't you have also looked into Platimus? Again I am sorry that you feel hurt by something that was meant for fun and you do not have to participate in anything I do in the future. Which out o curiosity, will you be hosting the next tournament? If not who will? After you have decided to just flat out get furious at the tournament manager, I would not blame anyone for feeling some what unwilling to host a tournament as of now for TGT.

I have been here since the beginning. I played original SMC, I played in the closed beta for TGT, and I continue to play now. I am one of the two big whigs that created the TGT Wikia (J_MTN is the second and is the MVP). Everything I have done has been to help support this community and make it a nice, fun place to be. Sorry this didn't work out for you because of my negligence to ban a Champ that one person called op. Maybe I'll just have an all brutus annihilition tournament that in order to participate you have to have no badges or training. As long as people don't grab the pick up buffs, we should have a good balanced tournament.

GamerNoah
09-20-2015, 01:47 PM
"Maybe I'll just have an all brutus annihilition tournament that in order to participate you have to have no badges or training."

Can... Can this be an actual thing

HolyToledo
09-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi all.

Please keep in mind that this was the first tournament EVER for TGT. We really do place high value on all player opinions and we will be trying to provide an actual in-game framework for managing tournaments more easily and fairly.

Thanks to everyone that organized & participated and thanks again as always for all the input that you are giving us. As we build and design systems, we consult these boards closely.

Hangtime1984
09-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Hi all.

Please keep in mind that this was the first tournament EVER for TGT. We really do place high value on all player opinions and we will be trying to provide an actual in-game framework for managing tournaments more easily and fairly.

Thanks to everyone that organized & participated and thanks again as always for all the input that you are giving us. As we build and design systems, we consult these boards closely.

Brutus and Ace need a buff

Also Skill Cool down isn't working aka coffee

Kilowatt double tap R1 unintended mechanic

Nodnarb_420
09-20-2015, 03:58 PM
I wasn't talking to you nobnard I was talking to emo. No it wasn't your responsibility and if you read my entire post you would know I wasn't talking to you.

Sry I didnt read your whole wall of butthurt, but you did call me a cheater and im simply defending myself.

Phridom
09-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Since there are comments on the tournament I wanna put my two cents in I was one of the semifinalists and my team lost due to a sudden death bug that when you the game starts there is a chance you don't get to use ANY SKILLS including your melee skill.Also its BS that I had to use brutus with NO BADGES on him cause my main champ got banned when Kiz didn't give us enough time to fully badge another champ.

Thomas Yan
09-20-2015, 06:16 PM
a tournament with all heroes but no badges will be fun.. lol

Hangtime1984
09-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Since there are comments on the tournament I wanna put my two cents in I was one of the semifinalists and my team lost due to a sudden death bug that when you the game starts there is a chance you don't get to use ANY SKILLS including your melee skill.Also its BS that I had to use brutus with NO BADGES on him cause my main champ got banned when Kiz didn't give us enough time to fully badge another champ.

I don't know how you didn't know that having two toons would help you. I've known for 2 weeks