PDA

View Full Version : To those of you who say "Speed Drain" as a counter Khan, stop and think.

shadow_xros
09-08-2015, 12:56 AM
I'm not gonna sit here and say speed drain doesn't work when it does.

However, if you are using a badge slot for ONE CHAMP, that is proof that he is unbalanced. You can deny it all you want but when you have to sacrifice a badge slot for a specific champ, that means there is a problem.

I don't exactly know how many other champs get a speed boost via abilities, but I don't think it is many, honestly off the top of my head I can think of none or at least none that are played to the extent of Khan.

One Khan while beatable, requires teamwork which doesn't happen often due to so many "players" being bots or being worse than the bots, which sadly I have seen.

Two or more Khans? Why bother? Why bother playing that game? Sadly I have seen so many 4 Khan teams and it ticks me off quiet frankly. It ticks me off that Kiz hasn't fixed this terribly imbalanced champ and it ticks me off more than instead of actually EARNING a victory, people would rather cheese and lame their way to win.

I'm gonna sound redundant here but I will repeat it. When you have to sacrifice a badge slot just to counter ONE champion, there is a problem.

Nodnarb_420
09-08-2015, 07:01 AM
I had 21 kills and 1 death in plunderball while using ninjette vs 3 khans and a nexi in a solo que game rofl.

Khan has many counters, none of them will ever beat player skill.

J_MTN
09-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Oh, I definitely agree that is an issue. I shouldn't have to use up one slot for one specific champ. But, the world isn't perfect, and that's just how the game is right now. So, I use speed drain.

Teh_Fuz
09-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Khan is tough but not unbeatable guys. Level, player skill. People act like they are entitled to win every match. You win some and loose some. pfft i'm #62 right now all-time in conquest. my win ratio is a joke! Something like 60%. Its how you play the game type that ensures leader board advancement. If all you care about is winning then this isnt the game for you.

Fishpaste777
09-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Khan is tough but not unbeatable guys. Level, player skill. People act like they are entitled to win every match. You win some and loose some. pfft i'm #62 right now all-time in conquest. my win ratio is a joke! Something like 60%. Its how you play the game type that ensures leader board advancement. If all you care about is winning then this isnt the game for you.no..... it's definitely possible to care about winning. W/L ratio just hit 90%

Teh_Fuz
09-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Sure, care all you want. But with people crying all over the forums about how a lv30 caged them the whole match or how a leatherhead/khan duo won a plunderball match in 45 seconds, screaming "NERF! NERF!" is not the way to handle it. If anyone is looking for instant gratification they wont find it in this game. Sorry :( Its Beta how about lets talk about how this game is 90% successful on update 1.07

Fishpaste777
09-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Leatherhead? Yuck

Emomiime
09-08-2015, 06:30 PM
So first off, I want to point out that Speed Drain is by no means Khan exclusive. Let's look at all the champs that speed drain helps with. Khan (and all champs that get buffed) , Xavilla, Brutus (passive after getting 1 skull... need changed), and Oddilus. And of course spoiler, there are more champions in the future that will be affected. 1 Badge to take care of 4 champs or 1/3 of the champs in the game at the moment. Not bad sir not bad at all.

Speed drain itself is also not bad due to the minor heal that it gives you. I would totally agree with you if it weren't for the fact there are champs in the game that don't need tanky badges in order to be hard to kill (think Rook for example.)

Again, if speed drain stated "stun khan and only khan when he gains a speed buff" I would agree, however, at it stands your statement is just not well thought out.

Ace
09-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Yea speed drain is definitely good for more then just a Khan. Khan speed buffs his whole team, and the heal combined with machine gun or an attack speed buff is strong.

shadow_xros
09-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Let's look at all the champs that speed drain helps with. Khan (and all champs that get buffed) , Xavilla, Brutus (passive after getting 1 skull... need changed), and Oddilus.

Let's just focus on the 4 champs you listed, because I very often see Khan only use his speed buff on himself with no one else around.

Khan we've already established has balance issues that could be solved by adjusting skills.

Xavilla, I'm gonna be honest I think I've only seen her/him(?) maybe 3 times. All 3 times they were bots.

Brutus, he is so easy to kill, speed drain isn't needed for him. I mean hell Brutus is almost laughable at this point in my eyes, whenever I see one on my team I groan and think "There are far better picks" when I see one on the enemy team.. YAY FREE KILLS

Oddilus, while you see him far more often than Xavilla but not as often as Brutus/Khan. He is very squishy and although he has the damage reflect, most people don't seem to remember/know he has it. I'm not too worried when I see Odd as most can't utilize him that well.

Khan is probably the easiest champ to use and be decent/good with. Nexi is a close 2nd but she isn't at hand here. So putting one badge on for Khan, and maybe the off chance he buffs his team, and 3 champs where they either aren't used as often or are squish squish, it doesn't warrant that badge to be used.

Fishpaste777
09-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Let's just focus on the 4 champs you listed, because I very often see Khan only use his speed buff on himself with no one else around.

Khan we've already established has balance issues that could be solved by adjusting skills.

Xavilla, I'm gonna be honest I think I've only seen her/him(?) maybe 3 times. All 3 times they were bots.

Brutus, he is so easy to kill, speed drain isn't needed for him. I mean hell Brutus is almost laughable at this point in my eyes, whenever I see one on my team I groan and think "There are far better picks" when I see one on the enemy team.. YAY FREE KILLS

Oddilus, while you see him far more often than Xavilla but not as often as Brutus/Khan. He is very squishy and although he has the damage reflect, most people don't seem to remember/know he has it. I'm not too worried when I see Odd as most can't utilize him that well.

Khan is probably the easiest champ to use and be decent/good with. Nexi is a close 2nd but she isn't at hand here. So putting one badge on for Khan, and maybe the off chance he buffs his team, and 3 champs where they either aren't used as often or are squish squish, it doesn't warrant that badge to be used.

No. No. No. I was playing a match a few days ago where it was myself, my usual KHan friend and a random khan on our side. Because the random khan kept speed buffing the entire team, the nexi with speed drain on the other side was neutralizing the entire team. Hardest win I've ever fought for. Speed Drain effects a lot more than just khan. With strategy you can completely nullify a khan. It's true some other characters need a buff, but khan doesn't need a nerf. Stop overreacting because you can't kill a khan, it is laughable.

Teh_Fuz
09-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Is it safe to say that Khan is the "noob-tube" of the game? Yes of the three champs available starting out he absolutely has an edge during low levels. But as I've said before, Lv.30 is a whole new ball park. half the t2 skills are better suited for my play-style. This whole subject is going to be debatable from now till forever.

If i for instance build my Rook to tank. im borderline harder to kill than Mexi without and shields or heals.
-or-
If i build him to deal all out damage i can t3 all star badge that will make my crit 4 times normal and boost my crit chance to near 30%... im gunna one-hit just about anything that isn't my level from half the screen away.

Thus build to your parameters. play the game and don't complain. my Rook is build balanced and im very hard to kill and still deal 600+ crits

Emomiime
09-08-2015, 09:20 PM

If you would like to just write off champions like that sure why not? (sarcasm) However, speed drain will help make even lighter work of them and tbh most people you see playing those champs don't have them geared and so you don't view them as a threat. After playing most of these champs myself (well.... except xavilla she's in a bad spot w/o bowling) these characters can be quite formidable. Also to add, you don't even need speed drain to kill khan, it just makes him so much easier as well as the other champs.

Devante Pangowish
09-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Also Speed Drain isn't the only way if people timed their resistance debuffs it creates a HUGE weak spot in a Khan that has high resistance allowing Machine gun and other skills to hurt him in that time window, Speed Drain seems like a waste unless you have a Champion for every situation

Fishpaste777
09-09-2015, 01:21 AM
Also Speed Drain isn't the only way if people timed their resistance debuffs it creates a HUGE weak spot in a Khan that has high resistance allowing Machine gun and other skills to hurt him in that time window, Speed Drain seems like a waste unless you have a Champion for every situation

Ideally on a 4 man team you would.

SonnyAve
11-24-2015, 11:46 PM
Bet yall using speed drain now for melody zert khan and khan now rather if it's for then stun and or health regeneration. Doesn't seem like a waste of a slot now when Mel boost her whole team

Hash
11-25-2015, 12:39 AM
Speed Drain doesn't affect Melody since when she uses Symphony, she grants immunity to speed debuff. It is still useful for many characters, but not useful for Melody