PDA

View Full Version : Major imbalance with new patch, leatherhead now unstoppable

Amon
09-10-2015, 01:03 PM
You nerfed machine gun, I don't blame you because I abused the hell out of it for fun and with so many stacks it became so boring I stopped playing the game until the patch this morning.

BUT

Since you nerfed machine gun so bad, it is now IMPOSSIBLE to kill leatherhead.

I just played a match full of 7 bots and 3 players, (because well, not enough people even play anymore for full teams) but the 1 player on the other team was leatherhead.

So leatherhead has the plunderball and since my nexi's machine gun was nerfed he CAN'T BE KILLED.
All he did was sit in the corner and continue to kill my team.
Oh, I had no problem killing the rest of his team, but that doesn't matter because he's the one with the ball.

Personally, I just want my $15 I paid for a starter pack back. If I wanted to play with myself (9 out of 10 games I get thrown in are all bots) I wouldn't be playing TGT.

Phridom
09-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Just farm 16 wins and buy crusher thats what im doing.

Fishpaste777
09-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Crusher kills leatherhead easy

Phridom
09-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Crusher kills leatherhead easy

👍👌 Its only 16 wins

13igTyme
09-11-2015, 02:19 AM
You nerfed machine gun, I don't blame you because I abused the hell out of it for fun and with so many stacks it became so boring I stopped playing the game until the patch this morning.

BUT

Since you nerfed machine gun so bad, it is now IMPOSSIBLE to kill leatherhead.

I just played a match full of 7 bots and 3 players, (because well, not enough people even play anymore for full teams) but the 1 player on the other team was leatherhead.

So leatherhead has the plunderball and since my nexi's machine gun was nerfed he CAN'T BE KILLED.
All he did was sit in the corner and continue to kill my team.
Oh, I had no problem killing the rest of his team, but that doesn't matter because he's the one with the ball.

Personally, I just want my $15 I paid for a starter pack back. If I wanted to play with myself (9 out of 10 games I get thrown in are all bots) I wouldn't be playing TGT.

Why did you spend $15 on an unpopular beta?

Phridom
09-11-2015, 05:13 AM
Why did you spend $15 on an unpopular beta?
To fund the game and make it better.

FALACYy
09-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Just wait, there are going to be characters added the use the pushing skills to knock opponent off of the stage effectively neutralizing tanky heroes. That's what I do now against them now, it wont be to much longer until they add heroes with mainly push back skills.

Teh_Fuz
09-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Crusher, machine gun badges for nexi to kill him. A lot of people are so insistently harping about everyone but them is op. This is a Real time strategy third person role player. Let's focus for a moment on the word strategy. ..let that soak in. NO player is going to be able to bully EVERY champ. That's the point. .

Build your champ how you feel benefits you the best. Take heed on how t3 workouts take away almost as much as it buffs. Hmmm, now flash back to how everyone complains about not being unbeatable, but will still toss every other player under the bus because they are"op."

The game doesn't plainly lay out some circle of life for everyone to see which champ is designed to kill the other. If you can't think don't play. The game is almost designed to punish people who try and be bullies

13igTyme
09-11-2015, 12:59 PM
To fund the game and make it better.

There is not guarantee they make it better. Let them make the game better then give money. That's how it should work. I'm not going to go to the store and buy a lump of coal hoping it will turn into a diamond, I buy the diamond after the work has been put into it.

Teh_Fuz
09-11-2015, 01:13 PM
There is not guarantee they make it better. Let them make the game better then give money. That's how it should work. I'm not going to go to the store and buy a lump of coal hoping it will turn into a diamond, I buy the diamond after the work has been put into it.

*cough* your age is showing *cough*

I'm lv30 and bought a pack top help the Dev team out. I don't have any reservations about it. I like the game, so I support it.

I'm probably going to have a million xp cards for no reason until they release a higher cap.

I will pay you back your $15 personally to get your negativity off the forum.

Phridom
09-11-2015, 01:33 PM

Lol @ both these comments

FALACYy
09-11-2015, 01:35 PM

I'm lv30 and bought a pack top help the Dev team out. I don't have any reservations about it. I like the game, so I support it.

I'm probably going to have a million xp cards for no reason until they release a higher cap.

I agree, I see a huge future for this game as well, so I have no problem giving the developers money to help them out. Everybody gotta eat, right?

13igTyme
09-11-2015, 01:41 PM

My age? Negativity? No, I've just seen how games over the last two decades have changed from quality games to pre-ordered **** that eventually gets patched. Developers are releasing games filled with bug and offering pre-order bonuses to ensure the brain washes people all buy it and they can be guaranteed money.

As for this game. Like I said in a post last week. They have over 20 characters to test and bring to beta, but are doing it one champ at a time every two weeks. No one is going to play a beta for a year. At it's height this game had about 25k people playing it. A month and a half later, Most people have already stopped playing. Either because of boredom or other games and DLCs. Most people also have the idea of, "Even if they add more, there is no point in playing that game. As there is no competition." There is a reason why only a few people in the top 50 even play anymore. I logged on the other day and notices the top 10 haven't even changed score in 3 weeks. This game is dying before it's even released. Fun game, good design, poor execution. The devs are smart and from what I understand there are only 4 of them. But they need to hire someone who has marketing experience.

Fishpaste777
09-11-2015, 01:48 PM
My age? Negativity? No, I've just seen how games over the last two decades have changed from quality games to pre-ordered **** that eventually gets patched. Developers are releasing games filled with bug and offering pre-order bonuses to ensure the brain washes people all buy it and they can be guaranteed money.

As for this game. Like I said in a post last week. They have over 20 characters to test and bring to beta, but are doing it one champ at a time every two weeks. No one is going to play a beta for a year. At it's height this game had about 25k people playing it. A month and a half later, Most people have already stopped playing. Either because of boredom or other games and DLCs. Most people also have the idea of, "Even if they add more, there is no point in playing that game. As there is no competition." There is a reason why only a few people in the top 50 even play anymore. I logged on the other day and notices the top 10 haven't even changed score in 3 weeks. This game is dying before it's even released. Fun game, good design, poor execution. The devs are smart and from what I understand there are only 4 of them. But they need to hire someone who has marketing experience.

Uh wrong. Wrong. And wrong. Actually I was playing with 3 people in the top 10 yesterday, their scores have changed. I've been playing 2 weeks and all I've seen is less and less bots. I wish you would post some facts rather than just obnoxiously throwing your opinion around. You're coming off as whiney and super counter productive to any form of progress, please go away.

GamerNoah
09-11-2015, 02:11 PM

1. This is not a company releasing a game with "pre-order bugs", this is the beta. If you expect a game to be at its fullest/no bugs in its beta, maybe you should stay away from unfinished games.

2. If they were to release multiple champions at once, that would cause a lot of bugs within each champion to all happen at once. Which would be pretty messy. And if you are complaining about 1 champion every 2 weeks, you must not play other MOBA's, such as LoL.

3. The leaderboards have changed multiple times from what I've seen, so I'd like to nicely say you're wrong on that.

4. Pointing out that the devs need a better marketer/company, is just immature since you probably know nothing of it.

Lastly, Number 5. The way you're talking about this community and pinning them in the "every gamer now a days" category, Is just stupid. I'm not one for shunning away people from a community, but I'd rather not have the attitudes of never pleased people like you here. Most of the "points" you are stating have nothing to with anything going on. It's as if you're just trying to start drama and not help fix it.

Phridom
09-11-2015, 02:22 PM
But they need to hire someone who has marketing experience. You just gave another reason to "WHY" pay 15$

13igTyme
09-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Not going to quote you both as I don't care enough. But point is game is losing activity. And with thousands of people jumping ship onto other games that are either about to come out, just came out, or just released DLCs, activity will only lower unless they change the way they are doing things right now.

I also never said this was a pre-order game, if you notice my second paragraph started with the words, "As for this game." Learn to read.

And leaderboard? Annihilation and conquest have no activity. Play for an hour and get mostly bots, play for a day or two and be top 20. Plunderball also has plenty of bots and is also the only leaderboard that matters as it is the most competitive game mode. However the top 10 on the leaderboard haven't been playing any thus not moving, and the next 10 on there haven't even caught up. Telling me that the top 20 aren't playing, and if they are it's for a few games before they get bored.

One last thing, which you guys might not know is that the bots don't have "Bot" in their name. It's just a normal name all lowercase. I can get on at what would be peek hours and find numerous games with 6 bots. Don't tell me this game is getting more active.

Fishpaste777
09-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Not going to quote you both as I don't care enough. But point is game is losing activity. And with thousands of people jumping ship onto other games that are either about to come out, just came out, or just released DLCs, activity will only lower unless they change the way they are doing things right now.

I also never said this was a pre-order game, if you notice my second paragraph started with the words, "As for this game." Learn to read.

And leaderboard? Annihilation and conquest have no activity. Play for an hour and get mostly bots, play for a day or two and be top 20. Plunderball also has plenty of bots and is also the only leaderboard that matters as it is the most competitive game mode. However the top 10 on the leaderboard haven't been playing any thus not moving, and the next 10 on there haven't even caught up. Telling me that the top 20 aren't playing, and if they are it's for a few games before they get bored.

One last thing, which you guys might not know is that the bots don't have "Bot" in their name. It's just a normal name all lowercase. I can get on at what would be peek hours and find numerous games with 6 bots. Don't tell me this game is getting more active.

Play some plunderball at like 5 am est, not many bots:)

kzin
09-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Play some plunderball at like 5 am est, not many bots:)

LOL! I kinda feel bad for all those opposing teams that where all human players. The bots we faced was more tactical unfortunately. I was in zombie mode too. ;)

J_MTN
09-11-2015, 11:23 PM
I don't even know what's going on in this conversation, and I don't care to back track.

OP,
Leatherhead's mobile fortress made him really powerful even before the patch. All the patch did was weaken khan's ability to abuse machinegun. And now people need another champ to complain about. I made a whole video outlining the issue of imbalance, featuring learherhead, about three days before the patch went live. The issues lie in his skills. Refresher doesn't need to be changed.
Leatherhead's mobile fortress just needs to be toned down a bit.

LeeQuick
09-12-2015, 08:35 AM
But Khan was really op tho

FrozenChaos7
09-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I don't even know what's going on in this conversation, and I don't care to back track.

OP,
Leatherhead's mobile fortress made him really powerful even before the patch. All the patch did was weaken khan's ability to abuse machinegun. And now people need another champ to complain about. I made a whole video outlining the issue of imbalance, featuring learherhead, about three days before the patch went live. The issues lie in his skills. Refresher doesn't need to be changed.
Leatherhead's mobile fortress just needs to be toned down a bit.
Ok im a leatherhead fan boy so this is not an objective point of view but here i go
I think leatherhead is balanced pretty well, his defense is through the roof with mobile fortress but thats how he is supposed to be he is a defensive character after all. If you nerf his main good point then you are left with a worthless character and its not like there are zero counters for his defense its just some players cant or wont utilize them. I love his survivability and offensively he doesnt really stand out but its enough to get a few kills.

omgoff
09-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Ok im a leatherhead fan boy so this is not an objective point of view but here i go
I think leatherhead is balanced pretty well, his defense is through the roof with mobile fortress but thats how he is supposed to be he is a defensive character after all. If you nerf his main good point then you are left with a worthless character and its not like there are zero counters for his defense its just some players cant or wont utilize them. I love his survivability and offensively he doesnt really stand out but its enough to get a few kills.

I play Kilowatt, Leatherhead and Platimus primarily. I agree with your assessment of Leatherhead. With the right badges he becomes the strongest defensive character in the game. This is balanced by the fact that he cannot carry games by himself (especially in Annihilation which I play regularly.)

Teh_Fuz
09-15-2015, 11:30 AM

Still Assuming you're 11.. wtf is your problem? get the F#*% off the forums and delete this game dude. it doesnt need the kind of hate mongering, self-entitled bull**** attitude. Enjoy it for what it is and if you truly wanted it to grow and be better you would donate another 15, 35 dollars and shut the hell up.

You are not the "hero" the game deserves nor needs bro.(< batman LOLZ) Mod, ban this ignorant fool.

Its People like you who sit here and poison threads and QQ all up and down some some **** claiming your the victim. You're not bro. Nobody wants to hear your incessant harping about how you feel you got coned.

Yeah there is 4 devs, and only 1 programmer! how about a hell yeah! these guys got a game picked up by PSN. This ai'nt youtube bruh! You don't just add garbage to the heap.

Lets give a shout out to all the devs and thier hard work for bringing us all a >>FREE<< and fun game! :eek:

Cruzzmak
09-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Crusher will **** on the unstoppable leather head. Game is good. Serious potential. I thought it was broke but once I bought crusher I win. Game needs a little better balance but all in all the skill sets are great, a lot of good champs that are very useable. They got my money when it comes out

13igTyme
09-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Still Assuming you're 11.. wtf is your problem? get the F#*% off the forums and delete this game dude. it doesnt need the kind of hate mongering, self-entitled bull**** attitude. Enjoy it for what it is and if you truly wanted it to grow and be better you would donate another 15, 35 dollars and shut the hell up.

You are not the "hero" the game deserves nor needs bro.(< batman LOLZ) Mod, ban this ignorant fool.

Its People like you who sit here and poison threads and QQ all up and down some some **** claiming your the victim. You're not bro. Nobody wants to hear your incessant harping about how you feel you got coned.

Yeah there is 4 devs, and only 1 programmer! how about a hell yeah! these guys got a game picked up by PSN. This ai'nt youtube bruh! You don't just add garbage to the heap.

Lets give a shout out to all the devs and thier hard work for bringing us all a >>FREE<< and fun game! :eek:

Your age is showing. (Psst) I didn't waste 15 dollars on this game nor did I get conned.