PDA

View Full Version : Important Tournament Update!!! Please Read and Respond

Emomiime
09-17-2015, 10:04 PM
Hello there Emomiime here! After talking with a couple members of the community it has come to my realization that some people did not quite understand what picks and bans are. Due to the fact that I have played many different MOBAs and competitive type games, I never really thought to explain this process, so my very sincere apologies.

I know that this is very sudden especially since the tournament is very close, but what I was thinking about doing was removing the process from this tournament. Not only do I believe this would be more fair for those who I have confused/left out (again sorry guys!!!), but also to make up for the short notice of the tournament. This would allows players with very few maxed out champs (which is most of us tbh) to be able to play with out the risk of having to play a non badged champ.

Of course this is indeed a community tournament, so above all I want all of your guys' input if this is a good change or not. Please respond and tell others that you know are interesting in the tournament as well please. Thanks combatants have a good night!

rainwoods69
09-17-2015, 10:11 PM
For starting off temoving the bans should be ok. Most people would bann khan or nexi anyway. But in the since keeping 1 ban a piece should also be fine but would be a way to notify bans before the game since the timer for picking is short. Either or should be fine it is the first tourny. Always learn after this one what is beter or not.

DemonicAries
09-17-2015, 10:33 PM
I will play regardless of whats decided, although would be in favor of not using this method for the first tournament.

Fishpaste777
09-17-2015, 11:29 PM
Keep bans.

kzin
09-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Yes, please take out the bans. Until this game has multiple custom builds (if ever), it will be counter productive for the players to change out their setups. Losing up to 16,000 gold would really be upsetting. That's 16 wins.

Cruzzmak
09-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Leave bans out so you can see how truly broken the game is.

Bop Barker
09-18-2015, 03:43 AM
I guess it wouldn't be bad to have bans out this tournament, I personally would rather have them in since we were already prepared for it.

With the picks will they be per round or per match? How often can we change our lineup with subs?

Fishpaste777
09-18-2015, 10:03 AM
What Bop said

Emomiime
09-18-2015, 02:27 PM
@Bop So, the plan would be to have bans/picks per individual game if we decide to keep them in. Subs are meant to be there only to replace players that are unable to make it/have to leave in the middle of a game. Thanks for the feedback, bans will probably stay.

@Cruzzmak In all reality, I don't believe this game is that broken after bowling has come out and the fix to machine gun and girded. Right now I believe TGT is i a good spot in the aspect of balance minus a couple characters that I would consider to be some what weaker.

I would still like to get more feedback, but since this is a last minute change, we will probably keep bans because they have been in the rules for the since the rules were posted.

Emomiime
09-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Attention Everyone! Tonight at 12:00 A.M. EST is the deadline for sign ups. Originally yesterday was going to be the last day for sign ups, but I have given a little more leeway. At that time, I will post brackets for tomorrow! I will start adding the team captains on PSN at this time so I can communicate with you during the tournament tomorrow! Squeeze that practice in and let's have fun tomorrow!
I am posting this in multiple place so that people can see and sorry for the double post.

DemonicAries
09-18-2015, 02:55 PM
In that case, my team needs a new captain.

Ladykillanoob
09-18-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm not understanding the bans/ picks

rainwoods69
09-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Lady bans are four pople that u dont want to see in the match. Nor your team nore thiers can play the banned champions. The p8cks are ur individual champions that your team will play i champion per team up to 4 champs each team. Each team cannot have duplicates so 1 team cant have 2khans or rooks or any other champion. But both teams can have the same champion.so team 1 can have a ninjette and so can team 2. But one of each per team. Hope it helps a little bit. If u want an example watch a league of legends lcs ranked game. Itll give u an idea. Im sure thier wont be 2 or 3 pans per team since the low champion count

Ladykillanoob
09-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Uhhh I'm screwed lol

rainwoods69
09-18-2015, 03:31 PM
How so. I made a seperate post about picks and bans. Long as u have 2 champs u can use u ahould be fine. Most likely 1 ban per team. If not then ise the best champ u got. Just enjoy the game and tourny. Dont stress about it or itll take away ur joy of the game itself.

Ladykillanoob
09-18-2015, 03:37 PM
How so. I made a seperate post about picks and bans. Long as u have 2 champs u can use u ahould be fine. Most likely 1 ban per team. If not then ise the best champ u got. Just enjoy the game and tourny. Dont stress about it or itll take away ur joy of the game itself.

Yeah I'm playing no matter what. :D

rainwoods69
09-18-2015, 03:40 PM
I wish u and everyone else the best of luck. Id be a part but daughters bday. Hope my posts have helped peopel. Good luck on ur matches and hope everyone has fun

Emomiime
09-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Hello there Ladykilla! Everything that Rain has stated is absolutely correct! If you need anymore clarification feel free to ask!