Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plunderball Overtime.

Plunderball Overtime.

The overtime we have now doesn't really have anything in place to stop two equally matched opponents from making an overtime last literally forever. For example, 2 fully built blitzes have the ability to sustain their energy and health forever and neither has the firepower to kill the other.

I have experienced this quite a few times. It is long, boring and impossible to win unless somebody quits. The only current way to get the plunderball out of your opponents grip would more than likely be considered cheating if I were to do it in a tournament setting.

I simply propose that something extra be implemented in order to prevent these battles from happening so often. Perhaps the plunderballs could reset every 10 minutes into the overtime, or the frequency of cannon fire could increase as well as the damage in order to give one champ the advantage on the applicable map.

Just my two cents. Thoughts? Comments?

15 minutes OT

And split of coins works for me

I like the idea of a draw with and split the coins.

15 minutes still seems a bit long for an ot especially if it's a situation like this. I had a match like this once and after everyone got ko'd and it was one on one 5 minutes felt like forever.

With a 15 minute OT in plunderball maybe there could be a respawn and the first score still wins. But the respawn could be longer since it's not regulation time. Just a thought.

My only gripe with splitting the coins is that it won't really solve the problem in a situation where there needs to be a winner, like a community tournament for example.

Blog Entries
    First kill wins. It will be settled

Well that's just a draw and replay the match for tournment play. It won't be draw next time.

Easy fix for a draw game..... Which team has the most kills or damage gets the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime1984 View Post
    Well that's just a draw and replay the match for tournment play. It won't be draw next time.
    I guess we'll see what happens when blitz meets Leatherhead in the tourney.

Blog Entries
    Both have the ability to be stomped by a team. I would hope that the teams in tourney Could coordinate to kill one champ. ..

If anything I'm gonna make a ruling for pball sudden death to be first kill wins, if the overtime goes 15 mins.

I guess you'll see then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast