Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick of drop outs

I never really pay attention to many newer players right now but when I saw that many of these "new" top 10 guys doing this it has irked me the wrong way.

Once the match starts and you back out a penalty should be issued.

Instead of judging other players character or morality I think it's best to fix the system.

There is NO MOTIVATION to play a match that you know you will lose, and only earn 500 coins.
    It's more time saving to just back out, and face a team that is easy to win against and win 1000 coins instead.

Perhaps they should apply a coin multiplier when you face teams that are equal or higher level then you.

If I'm the only one in the party and I get matched up against 4 lv 40 serious players(Party), I'm backing out. I'm not going to sit around and get pounded and only just get 500 coins.

A time out penalty for backing up might not be the solution.
    If you force players to play a match they do not want to play, they can just drop the controller, make and eat a sandwich and comeback. From a time perspective, this is the best choice. Why pro-long and resist a match for 5 minutes, and still only get 500 coins? I rather drop the controller, let them have it easy, and let the match be done under 2 minutes. I still get the same payout, 500 coins.

Forcing players to play a match they can't possibly win will just **** people off, and they may even stop playing the game. Just increase the rewards for trying or going against a party alone. The player-base will behave better with better rewards than punishing them.
    Last edited by Deadlywolf; 01-06-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlywolf View Post
    Instead of judging other players character or morality I think it's best to fix the system.

There is NO MOTIVATION to play a match that you know you will lose, and only earn 500 coins.
    It's more time saving to just back out, and face a team that is easy to win against and win 1000 coins instead.

Perhaps they should apply a coin multiplier when you face teams that are equal or higher level then you.

If I'm the only one in the party and I get matched up against 4 lv 40 serious players(Party), I'm backing out. I'm not going to sit around and get pounded and only just get 500 coins.

A time out penalty for backing up might not be the solution.
    If you force players to play a match they do not want to play, they can just drop the controller, make and eat a sandwich and comeback. From a time perspective, this is the best choice. Why pro-long and resist a match for 5 minutes, and still only get 500 coins? I rather drop the controller, let them have it easy, and let the match be done under 2 minutes. I still get the same payout, 500 coins.

Forcing players to play a match they can't possibly win will just **** people off, and they may even stop playing the game. Just increase the rewards for trying or going against a party alone. The player-base will behave better with better rewards than punishing them.
    Totally not saying about that. There's other areas in the game that should improve:
    1. Annihilation needs a mercy rule
    2. Matchmaking is horrible I should only be able to que against players who are 10 levels near me.

I'll give you situations i've seen that should be done fixed.
    These situations have only come to rise since the birth of the leaderboard system. They are intentionally looking for favorable matchups so they can rack up the most points.

Plunderball
    * Player(s) get scored on in plunderball ONE time LEAVES GAME.
    * Player(s) down 2 and about to lose to another easy cap LEAVES GAME.

Conquest
    * Player(s) is down 20 to 5 points (90 to 70 score or 99 to 94 score) then LEAVES GAME

Annihilation
    * Player(s) is down (MANY to few points) LEAVES GAME within 30 seconds of match ending.
    Last edited by Hangtime1984; 01-06-2016 at 06:48 PM.

The developers if they can, should add a matchmaking ID for each match. That way they could check the match when reported. Also, a reporting feature for users as well.

Double post, sorry.

Winning or losing still accumulates score. Padding your stats would only help if the leaderboard wasn't set to most time played.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12