Thread: General new player tips.

General new player tips.

My goal is to make this thread to give newer players tips for leveling with less of a headache.

1. Join game communities where you can find groups and make friends. I leveled all the way to level 32 before ever doing this and I would recommend being in a group whenever possible while leveling.

2. Try to be smart about how you spend gold while leveling. Remember rank 1 and 2 workouts help with quality of life, but for max level play you will most likely replace them with rank 3 badges. With no refunds be sure this is a trade you are willing to make. My personal recommendation is only spending gold on a new character you plan on playing until you can buy level 3 workouts.

3. Be defensive. Without badges almost every character is extremely squishy. This means by standing at close range for basic attacks will often result in taking more damage then you deal. Using skill attacks then moving away from danger is the most effective way to deal damage with no badges.

4. Use coin and experience buffs only on matches you are confident you will win. If the other team is full of 40s this match is probably not the best time to burn an experience buff.

5. If you can watch the kiz studios streams and other streams. This is a great opportunity to make friends and possibly win promotion codes.

6. Use leveling as a chance to improve gameplay and learn class mechanics. Learn about class abilities and what buffs classes provide. Note how these buffs look on enemys and how the enemy having a certain buff effects you. In this game knowledge of abilities and awareness is definitely just as important as reaction time.

7. Plunderball can be the quickest or longest matches. With a group matches can be completed in 1 min.

8. Learn to recognize bots on each team. Try to get familiar with their behavior and use it to you advantage. You cannot control bots on your team, but they will behave do certain things depending on what is going on in the game.
    Last edited by Drewfreez; 12-14-2015 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added 7 and 8

Blog Entries
    Great thread my good sir!

Add TheHashAssassin on psn andyoucan join my community

Map awareness seems like something we could throw onto this list.

Knowing where people are at all times via the mini map helps a ton. Especially with those sneaky plunderball players.

Kinda wanted to give this a bump since I've been noticing some newer players too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cord_Zilla View Post

Knowing where people are at all times via the mini map helps a ton. Especially with those sneaky plunderball players.

Kinda wanted to give this a bump since I've been noticing some newer players too.
    I could not agree more. Very few players in this game, of any level, have great map awareness. It really is an area all players should focus on to become better at the game. If anyone wants a more in depth guide on the subject, I could probably put a few paragraphs together. Although, asking "should I be here?" is usually enough, for basic gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cord_Zilla View Post

Lol i never take my eyes off the minimap, in fact i rarely look on the playing field unless im in cqc.