Thread: Siege Mode

Siege Mode

I was watching some YouTube videos of SMC yesterday to see what the game used to be like.

Came across a video of a game in siege mode. Had towers to destroy and an enemy base like the more traditional al MOBA style. Also it had spawning minions and it was 5v5.

It looked like a lot of fun. Just wondering if anyone knows when we might see that.

Champ fixes are their main priority with they still have some big work to do.

Yeah I heard them mention it on the stream yesterday. I don't mind just means we'll end up with a higher quality product.

My critical critique of the game modes:

1. Instead of decreasing to 4v4 instead remove 3v3 while keeping 5v5

Note: All the top Mobas on PC are mainly 5v5 based. The 5v5 creates a balance because that 5th character could change the whole battle. Right now it's always going to be same "top" classes in tournaments or high level play.

2. Instead of keeping conquest, remove it add seige mode.

Note: Conquest is the least played map if you go back even games played on the leaderboards. Conquest players have way played less than their Plunderball and Annihilation counter parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime1984 View Post
    My critical critique of the game modes:

1. Instead of decreasing to 4v4 instead remove 3v3 while keeping 5v5

Note: All the top Mobas on PC are mainly 5v5 based. The 5v5 creates a balance because that 5th character could change the whole battle. Right now it's always going to be same "top" classes in tournaments or high level play.

2. Instead of keeping conquest, remove it add seige mode.

Note: Conquest is the least played map if you go back even games played on the leaderboards. Conquest players have way played less than their Plunderball and Annihilation counter parts.
    Agree with all except for 2. Your assertion of; "Conquest players have way played less than their Plunderball and Annihilation counter parts.", is not true for everyone.

Why replace a mode instead of adding a mode?

Quote Originally Posted by kzin View Post
    Agree with all except for 2. Your assertion of; "Conquest players have way played less than their Plunderball and Annihilation counter parts.", is not true for everyone.

Why replace a mode instead of adding a mode?
    I've been gone for 2 days but personally currently setting number 2 or 3 in conquest boards all time. I am friends with the pervious number 1 player on conquest before boards were wiped. I've been a top player on the plunderball boards for a while now.

We don't have the player base to survive additional bucket (game mode) . There's no EU players on the way and barely any new players. And when they do join they get smashed in their match against 40s...cough matchmaking sucks

At least with seige mode it will give a type of "survival feel" and players who don't mind going against bots.

Bonus idea:
    Each season they should have a game mode on rotation in ranked play out of these 4.

I've played with you a few times, so I know you are a great player. The leaderboard is flawed in a way that all you need is time and dedication. Win or lose, as long as you have time you have a place in the leaderboard.

Yes, the player base is very small and playing against bots or players that are 20-30 levels below you is not exhilarating. Adding or replacing game modes will have the same effect. Unless the player base strengthens, we'll be playing against bots majority of the time in any game mode.

I've played with you a few times, so I know you are a great player. The leaderboard is flawed in a way that all you need is time and dedication. Win or lose, as long as you have time you have a place in the leaderboard.

Yes, the player base is very small and playing against bots or players that are 20-30 levels below you is not exhilarating. Adding or replacing game modes will have the same effect. Unless the player base strengthens, we'll be playing against bots majority of the time in any game mode.

Can't delete double post....