Thread: Kunak Newcomer Impressions and Overall Game

Kunak Newcomer Impressions and Overall Game

I downloaded the game and have been playing about 4 or 5 days. Now I am level 20 and I like the game.

I was able to save up enough money to play with Kunak, and I really like him. I figure he would be a learning curve since he isn't a conventional long ranger, but I like that sort of uniqueness. I do have a few minor complaints, so I am here just expressing my opinion:

*Falconry- This skill is a little underwhelming. The blindness for 2 seconds doesn't really do much. Even when I get blinded by Dr. Trip or another Kunak its like whatever. I say make it 4 seconds to really get the effect of being blinded. Or add an additional Hex. I would be ok with 2 seconds of blind and slow down for like 3 seconds, gives me a chance to get away. Since he needs distance, the slow Hex really works for him.

*Critical Hits- I think me along with other people are confused about what a critical hit is. I understand it does more damage, but how. I understand its based off of your critical hit percentage, but there is no visual cue showing you got a critical hit. I think when a character is hit critically there should be something that says "Crit". That way I can know just how often it really does happen.

*Kunak Stats- This is more of a personal preference, but I would trade half of his overall attack stat, to raise his critical damage to 300%. Since his whole playstyle is the random chance of getting a critical hit, the critical damage output would compliment him well

* Trap- The trap you lay on the ground is really helpful. I would say a small tiny buff is just to be able to lay as many traps as you want. Its not like the arenas are small so there would be traps every where. Also it takes like 6 to 8 seconds to reuse, and they use up a lot of energy, so I don't see it being abused. Not a big deal just a thought.

*Outfits- I don't like his alternate skins. I like his default tribal skin, and I was hoping that he would have a more Aztec or ancient warrior skin, not Davy Crocket or "Snow Ops". Just my opinion

These following complaints I have with the overall game itself

*Khan- I think this goes without saying, but this character is broken. I have seen arguments for and against this character, but I think that if there is so much controversy, he should be nerfed anyway. Take away his speed boost and his healing ability and he will be what he is suppose to be a tank, not a healer.

*Plunderball- Out of all the game modes I hate this one. It is more of a race instead of fighting, which I get, but in a MOBA style game people want to battle not race to get a ball to the base. Khan, Blitz, and Ninja make this mode broken. It ruins the integrity of the game when you lose cause you cant stop a character who takes damage, doesn't die, but wins without even attacking. It makes the game look extremely cheap. Imagine if this game does get huge MLG style, and the last match that everybody is looking at is a 1 minute match of running away from the battle. If this was football where nobody made contact people would riot like crazy. Maybe this isn't the best example but what I am saying is the mode feels far removed from the other two that require battle engagement.

Overall I like the game and I can't wait for more updates, and am hoping that it gets big enough to play with other people.

I look for to your feedback. I don't mind arguments or debates, just post substance, I dont want one word responses or a reply that adds nothing to the conversation. Thank you.

While your post is well thought out i disagree with many of the arguments you have against khan and plunderball for a new player who hasn't played top tier matches nor have access to workouts that can benefit from.

Here's things that could help you in the future:
    Witchcraft creates 50% buff to all hex
    Tier 3 workouts have benefits and negative side-effects
    Anytime Kunak critical he laughs

Character of focus:
    Kunak isn't a strong enough champ right now. That i agree with

2.5 additional critical chance for each health 5% is the biggest issue I DO NOT Believe THIS WORKS as well no other way to test it.

Skills
    Falconry needs a longer hex duration additional sec.
    Last edited by Hangtime1984; 01-20-2016 at 05:52 PM.

I put up a post about kunak, maybe you have had a chance to read through it. Along with hangtime I feel that his critical passive is not working properly but I have talked to kiz about it a little bit. You will soon find out with tier 3 crit badges you can reach a max of 22.5 crit% but in return you will lose 25% movement speed making him a snail with spears. You will not want to sacrifice precious defense to counter act this. I truly enjoy kunak but he has some issues and simply does not scale as well as most other options. You will also unlock critical power badge which doubles crit damage but critical hits are affected by resistances like any other attack so it doesn't hit as hard as you would think. I feel he is best currently in annihalation if you have a sprout and want to camp out and throw spears. When you hit 40 you will realize just how tanky everyone is not just khan. Badges like heavy suit heavily counter basic attack champions. You will unlock speed drain also which stuns people who have any movement speed buff on which can really help with those blitz's and khan's that are currently outrunning you in plunderball. Give the game a chance hit 40 and build a couple champions. Like in most games ( league of legends and diablo 3 to name a couple) the game doesnt really start until you hit max level. Good luck i would enjoy playing with your kunak though. Feel free to add me on psn.
    Last edited by Whiterice83; 01-20-2016 at 05:17 PM.

In response to hangtime
    Yeah I guess I do hear him say things, so that is considered getting a critical hit?
    I am confused about the witch craft you are referring too
    I still enjoy the other game modes, I believe they are the thrill that I enjoy about a MOBA

In response to Whiterice
    I would be glad to add and play you. I am getting on later tonight.
    I also did happen to read your thread and I guess I was confused about his passive ability as well. Hmm that speed drain seems interesting. I dont think I have gotten it yet, but i guess I will keep playing until I get it

Forgot to address another stat issue he is supposed to be 4 star damage dealer but deals damage like a 2 star

His base critical increase to 300% would do wonders for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockozer View Post
    In response to hangtime
    Yeah I guess I do hear him say things, so that is considered getting a critical hit?
    I am confused about the witch craft you are referring too
    I still enjoy the other game modes, I believe they are the thrill that I enjoy about a MOBA
    - Whenever he does he laugh it's a critical hit.
    - Witchcraft is badge unlocked at tier 3 offensive ( additional 50% hex )
    - Conquest by far least played mode.

Question for you guys.

I was battling a sprout the other night and it was really hard to kill. We were around the same level. So why is that character hard to kill with Kunak? Does it have a lot of defense. I'm guessing it can heal but I didn't see its health go up. My attacks even my crits barely took any damage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockozer View Post
    Question for you guys.

I was battling a sprout the other night and it was really hard to kill. We were around the same level. So why is that character hard to kill with Kunak? Does it have a lot of defense. I'm guessing it can heal but I didn't see its health go up. My attacks even my crits barely took any damage
    Crits scale with resistance. So more resistance = less damage of critical damage.

Physical Resistance or Elemental?