Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next TGT Tourney

Hybrid View

Next TGT Tourney

So there were very good and bad things to be taken from our 3rd community tournament. What I would like to focus on in this post is rules. There were times over the course of the tournament where the fine line between exploitation and fair game was very hazy. I simply propose that we get the ball rolling on some type of council of experienced players that will be able to establish a concrete definition of what will be treated as exploitation, as well as determining if certain characters should be banned from competition based on their ability to be exploited.

This would greatly alleviate the headache of making judgment calls on the spot as to whether or not something is fair and also prevent players from feeling as though they've been cheated..

Thoughts? Comments?

Changing of tournament hosts will create that feel with addition of multiple new community members.

Hash mentioned he'll post a comment about his overall thoughts about being a host vs player.

Personally I would like to see the picks added back to the tournament.

Hopefully the developers can add a in game tournament style features as pick and bans.
    Last edited by Hangtime1984; 01-25-2016 at 08:34 PM.

I can agree to an extent. But even with host changes exploitations and bugs are slipping through the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishpaste777 View Post
    I can agree to an extent. But even with host changes exploitations and bugs are slipping through the cracks.
    Totally not disagreeing the last tournament had plat (ignore resist) and vooghoul (bombs elemental) and this tourney trip (over heal dot) and speed drain (movement champ effects).

So many threads about speed drain in bugs. It's still "beta" while many things are fixed. There's always gonna be some issues in this stage of game.

Tournaments like this even in beta helps them tweak champs like Vooghoul from the last one.
    Last edited by Hangtime1984; 01-25-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime1984 View Post
    Totally not disagreeing the last tournament had plat (ignore resist) and vooghoul (bombs elemental) and this tourney trip (over heal dot) and speed drain (movement champ effects).

So many threads about speed drain in bugs. It's still "beta" while many things are fixed. There's always gonna be some issues in this stage of game.

Tournaments like this even in beta helps them tweak champs like Vooghoul from the last one.
    I can also agree with that, but a tournament doesn't seem to be necessary for these things to be addressed. Don't you think they should be recognized and banned from tournaments in order to ensure completely fair fights?

My suggestions for the next tourny:

- There needs to be at least 2 dedicated proctors at all times. Three might even be needed depending on how large the next one is.
    - The week of the tourny every champ should be tested for potential bugs by various different players and any bugs discovered need to be brought to the competing teams attention to then be voted on whether to ban that champ or not.
    - I felt the time between matches was often very long and drawn out. Placing a 10min max timer in between rounds 1, 2, and 3 could help alleviate that.
    - I think that each match starting with conquest was a bit repetitive, even if very intense at times. Maybe let the teams decide which they want to play first. Coin toss or team 1 then team 2 idk find a method that works
    - Also there needs to be a much more decisive way of handling any instances where the rules were somewhat infringed upon.
    - And finally (i think, pft idk, its late and im just spitballin here) I thought there was going to be some kinda champ challenge that the host was going to incorporate for potential more chps and excitement to the matches. That woulda been a neato thingo

Hope to match up with you guys and against you guys soon. Buncha talent on these forums im almost always down to chill. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishpaste777 View Post
    I can also agree with that, but a tournament doesn't seem to be necessary for these things to be addressed. Don't you think they should be recognized and banned from tournaments in order to ensure completely fair fights?
    I wanted plat banned last tourny.
    And trip this one.
    Speed drain badge I really haven't tested too deeply outside of blitz.

I'm all for it but when it but the host asked the captains about trip and majority said no.

So I agree with what you are saying

Blog Entries
    I agree with you guys and have some comments to add in. First I'm at work and can't really give a detailed and prioritized reply to each of everyone's comments.

Not in order.

1. The champion challenge was loss due to no extra chip codes to hand out, the participation reward was lost due to increase in the rewards for top 4 teams.

2. Having two or more hosts at all times is very difficult depending on players availability. I did speak to a player about co-hosting and I believe he would be reliable. He is a tgt community member.

3. I think it is pretty easy to watch 2 games at once so maybe 2 hosts can watch 4 total games at one time for the first 2 rounds if tourney are growing with more teams.

3. I completely agree with fish about the emphasis on rules. I talked with fish and hangtime separately before this post and asked there opinion and I want to go ahead and discuss rules within a veteran council of the community.

4. The captain's meeting was good but not many people brought any attention to the host of any exploiting bugs. Which in future I will ask of anything I should know of with bugs or champs that are broken.

5. I held a majority vote because there were too many playersith different opinions about a champ. I will discuss more of the champs later as maybe next tourney they'll get fixed.

6. i am going to be more strict with the rules if im going to be host again, example. if your team has roster issues there will be a set time limit to work it out or a forfeit will be claimed.

7. Deadline will be enforced. Who is on your team is who your allowed to have on your team. I'm open to suggestions having floaters, which can be replacements in a team. Such as players getting disqualified or their team forfeits. or players that don't have a team but signed up saying they want to play. I'd like feedback. (Please put #7 if you reply to this)

8. I am going to make a document of players within the community that want to play with PSN name and email. For a complete roster for recruiting and last minute pickups. Almost like a free agency (: (Please email tgtfreeagency@gmail.com if you want to be placed in it now)

9. I thought the tourney went well it was my first time hosting and of course when switching and changing hosts it can get hectic, this tourney was huge compared to the past ones. I have learned new things and I hope you would allow me to host again (:

10. If we could get a second host helping dedicated. I would love to go over picks added in to the equation.

11 . I will work with the second host more efficiently, the co-host of last tourney was not communicative and was on the spot giving an effort.

12. Would like a time limit for picks and bans that way we could also determin next matches for other teams on deck. Would like feedback as well.

13. I plan on doing another. Tourney if no one objects, having same host that is open to the community and that listens to them is ideal for the community. If we keep changing we may not get in a rhythm. I plan once a season once we get the ball rolling.

14. Voice your opinions on a spectator mode. It is highly needed for tournament play. As most of you know in last tourney, as the host. I wasn't able to observe the bug exploitation in action due to only able to watch the players that are streaming.

Thank you for reading. As always this is your good mod and friendly community host. HASH (:
    Last edited by Hash; 01-26-2016 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hash View Post
    7. Deadline will be enforced. Who is on your team is who your allowed to have on your team. I'm open to suggestions having floaters, which can be replacements in a team. Such as players getting disqualified or their team forfeits. or players that don't have a team but signed up saying they want to play. I'd like feedback. (Please put #7 if you reply to this)
    I'm fine with teams picking up 1 and only 1 replacement during the tournament. Emergencies happen in real life and this would help with alot of things that can go wrong during a long tournament.

But

I think allowing teams to pick up players from teams no longer in play is a bad idea. I think it would be best to lock players to thier teams whether they played or not (subs getting knocked out). This eliminates any "If my team loses I'll play for you" deals that can happen.

This also gives established players incentive to reach out to newer players for subs instead of asking known names in the community when they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Khomi Cy View Post
    I'm fine with teams picking up 1 and only 1 replacement during the tournament. Emergencies happen in real life and this would help with alot of things that can go wrong during a long tournament.

But

I think allowing teams to pick up players from teams no longer in play is a bad idea. I think it would be best to lock players to thier teams whether they played or not (subs getting knocked out). This eliminates any "If my team loses I'll play for you" deals that can happen.

This also gives established players incentive to reach out to newer players for subs instead of asking known names in the community when they lose.
    How do I up vote this? Thumbs up? Smiley face? ... Whatever. super agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast