Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next TGT Tourney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Khomi Cy View Post
    I'm fine with teams picking up 1 and only 1 replacement during the tournament. Emergencies happen in real life and this would help with alot of things that can go wrong during a long tournament.

But

I think allowing teams to pick up players from teams no longer in play is a bad idea. I think it would be best to lock players to thier teams whether they played or not (subs getting knocked out). This eliminates any "If my team loses I'll play for you" deals that can happen.

This also gives established players incentive to reach out to newer players for subs instead of asking known names in the community when they lose.
    When I said teams getting disqualified and or forfeit I am implying the two or three teams that literally didn't play a match in the tourney. They took the day off to play and couldn't due to their captain forfeiting or getting disqualified due to life emergencies during tournament right before match. I did not imply that if you lose a match you could just jump back in, I wouldn't allow that. That seems insane hahaha!

I did just post up my roster form for players to sign up for future tournaments. if anyone have interest in joining teams and/or wanting to participate in the next tourney you can fill out info at this link ----> http://goo.gl/forms/5p9XoX2eZW

I still would love to hear more feedback on "floaters" like khomi was mentioning. Ability to pick up one sub due to life emergencies or no show. I don't like seeing a good team lose out on play time and having to forfeit due to no full team, I like to see players play

Possibly we could have a 2 sub lock in and the 3rd sub could be last minute pick ups? throwing ideas out there
    Last edited by Hash; 01-26-2016 at 10:47 AM.
    Want to participate in the tournaments? Sign up here!

Twitch - Hashkyy

PSN - TheHashAssassin

If we are friends, go to my communities and join the following for max potential of TGT friends!

- Hashky Trans-Galactic Elite

- Trans-Galactic Community

- Trans-Galactic Tournament Crew

Original Member of Stay free

I plan on making a post about my thoughts and ideas for the next tournament soon. One of the main points that I really want to address is seeding and number of teams for the next tournament. My general idea is that there should be 6 or twelve teems in the tournament with at least the top 2 seeds getting a bye, and lowest 2 seeds reserved for a play in. The seeding could be determined by one of the seasonal leaderboards, determined ahead of time. If more than the set number of teams enter we could have a mini tournament to determine who will win the last 2 seeds. Of course, we can figure out the details, this is just a general idea to save time on the tournament day.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewfreez View Post
    I plan on making a post about my thoughts and ideas for the next tournament soon. One of the main points that I really want to address is seeding and number of teams for the next tournament. My general idea is that there should be 6 or twelve teems in the tournament with at least the top 2 seeds getting a bye, and lowest 2 seeds reserved for a play in. The seeding could be determined by one of the seasonal leaderboards, determined ahead of time. If more than the set number of teams enter we could have a mini tournament to determine who will win the last 2 seeds. Of course, we can figure out the details, this is just a general idea to save time on the tournament day.
    I think seeding should be determined by how well the players have done in the tournaments, not based on leader boards, im number 1 in plunderball, but i was 0-2 in the tournament, but if we want to hand out no life awards for chips, then please consider me first place

#7 I think the deadline for a tournament should be right before the tournament starts, in my experience organizing teams and finding reliable people can be hard, there should be a pool of players available right before the tournament starts who can be subbed in, I also feel two subs is totally acceptable, however subs should not be allowed to float to a different team if they are already assigned to a team by the deadline of the tournament starting, as for life emergencies and picking up a floater after the tourney has started, i also think that is acceptable but ONLY if they were not assigned as a sub or a regular player prior to the tournament starting deadline

Blog Entries
    Okay awesome response. I agree with having dedicated subs. And teams that need a sub can pick up a floater if need be due to emergencies.

Obviously the floater can not be a sub or a member of another team.

What are your thoughts on the floater playing on different teams if there are no extra floaters but two teams with emergencies?

Quote Originally Posted by Hash View Post
    What are your thoughts on the floater playing on different teams if there are no extra floaters but two teams with emergencies?
    No, once an emergency sub is picked up by a team that player should be a part of that team. This would be better for the overall health of the game because it will allow for more players to be involved. Allowing a high teired, competitive level player to ring for multiple teams would take away the need to grow new players.

Using the tournaments to establish and grow players can and should be a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Khomi Cy View Post
    Using the tournaments to establish and grow players can and should be a goal.
    Main reason why I play with a different team each tournament. Happy all 3 scored championships.

My friends left cause competition wasn't at a level where they believe it was challenge. Goal is to raise the bar in each tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime1984 View Post
    Main reason why I play with a different team each tournament. Happy all 3 scored championships.

My friends left cause competition wasn't at a level where they believe it was challenge. Goal is to raise the bar in each tournament.
    pick me up for the 5th tourney :P

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback wanted a response to that. I agree very much but wanted a detailed explanation on why you guys would like the floater to stick to the team. Very good reasoning thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12