Thread: Game Mode Request: Tournament Mode

Game Mode Request: Tournament Mode

While the player base has taken great effort to host these tournaments I feel that the next major step in improving the overall experience and issues for the next one. Developers should focus on creating a new game mode for competitive play (zero bots)

Each time a new player or team enters the tournament someone forgets or knowingly ignores the ban system or duplications of champions. Or there's a major delay in picking champions because players are trying to do a "HARD" Counter to each one.

Most Important Features

1. No duplicates of same champ on team.
    2. Implementation of in game ban system. (see smite or LoL)
    3. Spectator Mode so moderators/hosts can view what's going on.

4. In Game Pick/Ban System: https://greaterthangames.com/forum/t...n-styling-7637

TEAM A BANS a character

TEAM B BANS a character

TEAM A picks their first character

TEAM B picks their first character

TEAM B picks their second character

TEAM A picks their second character

TEAM A BANS another character

TEAM B BANS another character

TEAM A picks their 3rd character

TEAM A picks their 4th character

TEAM B picks their 3rd character

TEAM B picks their 4th character

And so forth

Nice to have features:

1. In game bracket system (double elimination seems to get better results)
    2. A tournament pot where players could bet their own in game coins to *win* the pot

NOTE:
    Traditional mobas or team games sports usually have odd number of players 5v5 3v3 or 11v11. This helps with balance and creates different matchups, currently there's one way to play game modes 3 support (tank/healer) and 1 DPS or even worse 4 support. I believe since this game is still in "beta" a test of 5v5 ONLY should be attempted.
    Last edited by Hangtime1984; 01-26-2016 at 12:11 PM.

I agree with almost all you have here hangtime. Unless the lock the turn/ ban stuff on normal days and only implement it during tournaments it will drive away the new players as being to complicated. For some that don't have any champs but the one the built getting banned then have to play something they never tried before, would frustrate me for sure. I definitely wanna see larger group games. I had a idea for another tourney type called doubles where the teams have to use two pairs of champs. Such as 2 khan and 2 sprout, no singles. Makes strategy a little harder but the Devs would have to make sure no champ abilities will stack from same champ first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    I agree with almost all you have here hangtime. Unless the lock the turn/ ban stuff on normal days and only implement it during tournaments it will drive away the new players as being to complicated. For some that don't have any champs but the one the built getting banned then have to play something they never tried before, would frustrate me for sure. I definitely wanna see larger group games. I had a idea for another tourney type called doubles where the teams have to use two pairs of champs. Such as 2 khan and 2 sprout, no singles. Makes strategy a little harder but the Devs would have to make sure no champ abilities will stack from same champ first.
    Thing is in the tournament that happened some people came in with one champ and it got banned. So they had play with a unbuilt champ...playing for 70 dollars of chips on the line is Ruthless.

Two of same champs abilities do not stack anymore either.

My request for this mode is based on time wasted between matches and during the ban phase.

Overall we keep losing advanced players over time because they have nothing to do.

Note: My appeal to and for the new players is in the gold prices thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    I disagree, just like people who dislike a certain mode like conquest NEVER have to pick that mode, same goes for tourney mode, casual players can stick to the same modes we have been playing, casual mode it can be an additional option kind of like with practice mode how before you select the mode you have to determine vs bots vs humans or whatever, have an extra menu for draft mode vs casual mode pick, then everyone can choose to play as the wish

furthermore, I also feel like there should be built in lobby mode where you can arrange teams however you like to make it easier for scrims, so you can switch teams easily as well, though I guess I should make a new thread for that

I like your idea Banes, however if you do a draft mode, and lets say new/casual players with only a couple of champs built up wanted to play, I would like to see them be able to transfer their workouts/badges in case that one built character gets banned.

Blog Entries
    See I've been requesting practice modes to have all workouts unlocked along with badges not just for tourney but also to test. It's a beta we all need to test certain builds. Right now it's basically up to veterans with so many champs and builds actually to test. Which is a smaller population than the already small population TGT has.

I made a more detailed thread on this comment if you'd like to read it (:
    Last edited by Hash; 01-31-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxn607 View Post
    I like your idea Banes, however if you do a draft mode, and lets say new/casual players with only a couple of champs built up wanted to play, I would like to see them be able to transfer their workouts/badges in case that one built character gets banned.
    ya that would be nice but i dont think Kiz would really do that. in my opinion tho, people really shouldnt be entering the tourney if they only have one character built up, i know it sucks to exclude the new comers, but it happens often enough, tourney matches where they ban the only character someone on the team owns