Thread: Are legacy items really that good?

Are legacy items really that good?

I'm noticing that Legendary items often have significantly better stats than Legacy items. This feels kind of like a broken mechanic.

Example:
    Legendary Greatsword (L163+81) - Strength +6800, Intelligence +6800, Cold Resist/Block Chance, +41% Animal Damage, Damage +1873

Legacy Greatsword (L214) - Strength +2568, Intelligence +2568, Agility +2568, Damage +1643, Damage +6%, Speed +10%

The Legendary is clearly significantly better. Maybe a fix would be to allow legacy items to be upgraded.

Indeed and the legacy copper greaves are even worse than the greatswords stats wise.

Quote Originally Posted by tennischamp5 View Post
    I'm noticing that Legendary items often have significantly better stats than Legacy items. This feels kind of like a broken mechanic.

Example:
    Legendary Greatsword (L163+81) - Strength +6800, Intelligence +6800, Cold Resist/Block Chance, +41% Animal Damage, Damage +1873

Legacy Greatsword (L214) - Strength +2568, Intelligence +2568, Agility +2568, Damage +1643, Damage +6%, Speed +10%

The Legendary is clearly significantly better. Maybe a fix would be to allow legacy items to be upgraded.
    Legacy items are not designed to be as strong as Legendary Items. They are designed to be convenient, you can get them very early in the game. Its also worth noting that legacy items get better as you use them, they track the number of enemies killed while they are equipped, and the quality increases at certain kill numbers (so a Blunt Legacy Greatsword will become a Sharpened Legacy Greatsword after killing 100 enemies, then a Bronze Legacy Greatsword at 500 kills, and so on). These quality increases boost the damage and stats on the item. Ultimately, it still wont be as good as a legendary item (the multiplier for Legendary is higher than the multiplier for Legacy).
    "Stop trying to hit me, and hit me!"