Thread: PvP Trophy System and Leaderboard

PvP Trophy System and Leaderboard

Hello everyone!

There has been some discussion about the new leaderboard and Trophy system in chat lately. While we appreciate the feedback, it will help us much more to have the discussion here, where we can involve more members of the dev team and more easily respond to feedback.

So, let us hear your thoughts and opinions about the trophy system! We are still balancing everything and want to ensure that we are not destroying whatever was good about the original system, while still making it balanced for the community.

Thanks again for everyone's patience while we work out the systems of the game!

I really don't get the trophy system in m&m if I lose I'm losing any where from 20 to 40 trophies but if you win it's anything from 5 to 18 should it be the other way around its becoming impossible to get back trophies it's like I take two steps forward five steps back its not give anyone the incentive to keep playing if they lose so much but gain very little
    Last edited by sora1985; 05-01-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Will we be getting a trophy reset

Just would like to no if trophies will be reset when you release m&m to the Canadians I for one would love to see this happen puts everyone one on a sort of even playing field

Hey Sora,

So here's the deal: when you all started playing, we didn't have the Leaderboards, and Trophies were calculating incorrectly. Once we got both these systems working, we didn't want to upset folks by resetting trophies, so everyone with more than 2100 trophies had their counts set to 2100.

But in the Leaderboard calculations, everyone in the 2000+ tier is basically at the top of the Leaderboard, where wins earn few trophies and losses make you lose a lot. You all have noticed this! Everyone who begins at zero basically has the reverse situation as you all at the top: lots of Trophies for wins, lose few for losses. These numbers begin to balance out around 1000. I hope this helps your understanding. The system probably wouldn't seem so frustrating had you begun at the bottom; it isn't intended to punish you-- it's just designed to be very competitive for the best players.

We're not planning to reset everyone's Trophies at this time. But it is possible to reset the Trophies of individual players, so if anyone would like to rebalance their account, let us know.

Thanks to DanHaney for the clarification!

I have also confirmed that the trophy system will be expanded in the next update (due out today or tomorrow). This will affect the range, where 2000 trophies will be in the middle of the curve (roughly). This should make the system more bearable for current players. The new system will top out around 3500 - 4000 trophies.

Sora, seems like you are moving down the curve, which I can imagine feels terrible. Descending in the trophy system would never really happen naturally and is purely from our adjustments from the last update.

As DanHaney mentioned, we can modify individual trophy counts, so let us know if you would like a reset or adjustment, within reason of course.

Thanks again for patience while we balance everything!!

Hello guys! Well as I already asked on the ingame chat,I want to know if youre going to wipe/roll back the game when you expand to more countries?it would be really unfair for us that spent so many hours.Lets talk about the trophies,I have played many games in the past and the points you win/lose were based on how many points you already have,for example if you have 10 points and you win then you get +3 but if you have 100 and you win youll get more from the other person(it allways depends from how many points the opponent has) but I would prefer to keep it simple.Why dont you give us a hint of what are you planning so we can discuss about it?
    Last but not least,could you give 1 or two days of double xp gain for the community?or even once a week,or maybe a way to get x2...you got the idea of what I mean

We had a discussion with riversong and sora in the game and we thought it would be nice if you put a "tie" option so
    we dont have to fight with friends...that option would solve a lot of problems and you can add it as a request so you have the choice to reply with yes/no.

I really don't get how I can lose 31 trophies to top players everything I've work for today have just been wasted you no how many hours I play a day and to lose to vaxious top player it hurts a lot not to mention losing to friends also hurts I get close to braking the top 2200 to only lose and go back to where I started today can we get a reduced trophy for a lose plz
    Last edited by sora1985; 05-02-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Hey all--

The trophy system is based on a chess ranking system, and is pretty normal for competitive games, especially at the top. As HolyToledo mentioned, while we won't be resetting trophies, we will be re-factoring the numbers so 2000+ will be in the middle of the pack, instead of the top. That should make trophy losses-gains about equal. Also bear in mind that you will win more trophies for defeating a higher ranking player, and lose more trophies if a lesser player defeats you.

Regarding the ties, we have discussed a "mercy" feature that would function similarly to the ideas you have suggested here and in chat. But we'd like to see how the game balances with more players before we add something like that. We'll be launching wider early next week.

Today we'll be updating with the trophy changes, along with some bug fixes that have made the PvP battles much more stable. Let us know if you experience any new problems. Thanks especially to RiverSong, Sora, and Zeking for terrific feedback and being so understanding while we work to make Might & Mayhem as excellent as possible!

Everything looks fine so far.I noticed you added a glow around the heroes,as I said on the chat I dont really like the delay after attack but if its for a good reason we'll deal with it.Ill keep my eyes
    open for any bugs
    Last edited by Zeking; 05-03-2014 at 12:19 AM.