Thread: New Update???

New Update???

Just wondering...what is the point of this new update if we cannot get orbs from somewhere to lvl up our heroes? We asked you to do something because arena didnt give us enough and you made the event to reward us with half the amount that we get from arena...I liked the new heroes,new skills and equipments yes,Im happy with the "balance" even if you increased my dragons app/skill,but...how do you expect us to keep playing if we cant even lvl up? I now need 30k orbs to lvl up and all I get from your "fancy" event is 150 orbs/match ! Whats in your mind I really want to know

Hey Zeking-- the purpose of the update was to try and prevent some of the disconnects, while adding the events systems, mythic items, and new characters.

There was a bug on event chests so they didn't include similar rewards as arena chests. A fix should be coming out to patch that and a few other issues soon.

We have an idea about changing the orb economy a bit, but it still needs more testing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ill be here waiting ! thank you Danhaney

Hi ZeKing.

We are toying with the idea of replacing dust with orbs. I'd like to get your opinion on that idea, as you are the first player to really face an orb shortage of any consequence.

The idea, in short, is to replace dust with orbs at a balanced exchange rate (tbd), then allow players to choose how they use their orbs (boost characters, upgrade items, etc). This would allow orbs to be obtained from battles AND from recycling items.

Alternatively, we have also discussed simply selling orbs for gems to players after a certain castle level (when the shortage starts to affect high level players, but avoiding the impact to game balance for new players.)

Any thoughts or preferences? As always, thanks for your input!

Thats great ! The idea to exchange dust to orbs would be perfect ! I think if you add the orbs in the market will affect the game balance,just leave the lvl up to be with the traditional way... Thanks for considering us guyes,keep it up !

The concern I have with that idea is with the current system (new units are automatically the level of your highest level unit) people who got a level 50 unit early will be able to spend all their orbs on dust and still have all level 50 units, without actually leveling them up.

There needs to be a change, all new units should be half the level of your highest level unit. Or else the longer the game goes on, the more imbalanced it will be.

As of now if you level one unit to 50. All new units will come pre-leveled, which honestly makes zero senses. (like really who even thought of that lol) very odd feature, but as you can see it will widen the gap between veteran players and newer players even MORE.

SIDE NOTE: There should also be some kind of feature to siphon experience from a unit. Perhaps you get back 50% of the experience you put into it and in return it goes back to the level it was when you received. This way replacing old units with new units can be a little quicker, but you still have to work for it.
    Last edited by Bluurr; 06-17-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    Send me a friend request in game!
    If you need a gift chest or a duel for your daily quest send me a message and I will help!

In-game Username: Bluurr
    Find me in the top players list or global chat.

Fun Fact...
    Least Favorite Unit: Dark Knight

The problem w/ half the level for newly unlocked fighters means they will be far behind a player's most commonly used fighters, which can be pretty frustrating. If you unlock a new fighter in an event, for example, you'd want that unit to be ready to join your top teams.

If a player chooses to leave a fighter behind, at least that's their choice. But to unlock a fighter and then have to expend all your orbs to try and boost them up feels pretty bad.

In practice, a new player can't really level up a single unit to 50. First of all, you have to deal with the level caps associated with Castle ranks. Yes, people can buy gold to circumvent that, but focusing on one high-level fighter with a team of two low-levels won't get very far, especially against real players.

I'm not sure the gap between vets and new players can (or needs to be) bridged... but honestly as the game has evolved since beta began, orbs have become less important to make powerful teams. Evolutions and items are the clear difference makers, especially at early-mid levels. Initiating a duel will actually equalize the levels of vets and new players, but better items/evolutions usually win out.

Because then the game becomes to easy. What does someone who has a max level unit have left to do? Any unit they unlock from then on is maxed out. That's so stale. There's literally nothing left to do. I would get bored within a couple days. Where as with my idea people are leveling multiple units to create new teams, etc. That's like saying once you hit the gold cap everything is free. It makes no sense at all. To respond specifically about your point on the castle and unit level relationshiposition. Anyone can easily just save experience until they have enough gold from the arena. It also discourages people from buying new units prior to hitting the level cap because they know they will then have to level them up after. When they could wait and not have to.

Either that or remove levels and experience all together and add an orb cost to evolutions. But that would be tough to balance when pve comes into play. Although it could still all be scaled accordingly.

But trust me. The current system won't work forever. Look at any successful game.
    Last edited by Bluurr; 06-17-2014 at 08:09 PM.

I can see your point when it comes to purchasing event characters, since they will automatically be equal to your highest level fighter. But we do have to protect the fun in the game, and as I wrote before, unlocking a new fighter and having to then collect the orbs to level them up instead of using them immediately is not a great experience for the player.

But due to the level caps, fighters unlocked via Castle (or fighters used to get there) are highly likely to be left behind at whatever level they were unlocked. So even if a player chooses to focus on a few units from the start, there will still be plenty of units to upgrade/customize later.

We have looked at it from many angles, and it is definitely an issue we will continue to monitor. We really appreciate the feedback. Ultimately our goal is to make sure all players are having a great experience, and it will always be a tough balancing act.

True. Many units are left behind in the mid game due to castle upgrade stages. But almost all the event units are stronger then castle units. So there really isn't a need to level them. Especially the elite werewolves 3k damage with no crits is basically a one hit ko. Gnash also is way to powerful. Why level up existing units when you can get the strongest ones pre leveled. If this is so then all event creatures should be scaled to the average level of each individual players team so it's fair. Basically my concern is with veterans (myself included) having it to easy, there needs to still be constant challenges and what not. And just arena trophies isn't enough. Great discussion. Thanks for the in depth responses.