Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Suggestions

Heres the scenario. Base damage 400. Crit damage is another 300. Attacker gets a critical attack.
    If the target has 405 hitpoints, 700 is displayed as the damage onscreen.
    If the target has 395 hitpoints, 400 is displayed.
    This is consistent with any "exposed" (melt armor, repulsive) effects.

1) 605 hp, exposed 200, damage displayed is 1100
    2) 595 hp, exposed 200, damage displayed is 600

Intended?

Trait for Bolt Bot\Tilt claims 50% chance for 100% protection from area attacks.
    If Tilt\Bolt Bot is exposed, he is guaranteed to be hit for the exposed amount on an area attack?

I ask again, intended?

When banditron gets "frozen" (Spear of Bandaku) during his shred attack, he disappears! He reappears when the frozen debuff wears off.
    Last edited by Suburban; 10-18-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Forgot one

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post

Heres the scenario. Base damage 400. Crit damage is another 300. Attacker gets a critical attack.
    If the target has 405 hitpoints, 700 is displayed as the damage onscreen.
    If the target has 395 hitpoints, 400 is displayed.
    This is consistent with any "exposed" (melt armor, repulsive) effects.

1) 605 hp, exposed 200, damage displayed is 1100
    2) 595 hp, exposed 200, damage displayed is 600

Intended?
    This is an effect of how the battle logic deals with knocked out characters -- if the initial damage KOs the target, then the critical damage does not need to be applied. So it is intended, as a function of how battles deal with knocked out fighters.

One note of interest: if the target is exposed, but would be KO'd by the base damage alone, the expose bonus is still added and displayed.

Trait for Bolt Bot\Tilt claims 50% chance for 100% protection from area attacks.
    If Tilt\Bolt Bot is exposed, he is guaranteed to be hit for the exposed amount on an area attack?

I ask again, intended?.
    This looks to be a bug. If he takes the AoE damage, the Expose bonus should be added. But if Tilt avoids the AoE damage, he should not take the damage from Expose.

When banditron gets "frozen" (Spear of Bandaku) during his shred attack, he disappears! He reappears when the frozen debuff wears off.
    This is pretty neat! As you might have guessed, technically Banditron is not disappearing. To reveal what's under our kilt here: I still had Tilt loaded when I confirmed this-- you can actually see his bolts go underground to target and damage the 'invisible' Banditron.

We'll need to work on the timing to fix this and keep Banditron visible when he's frozen.

Thanks! Some nice catches here!

As for number 1, I was kind of hoping we could see the critical damage, but thats likely just me thumping my chest :-D

Thanks for the quick response on 2 & 3

I have a new inconsistency to report as well.

If a target is weakened, and they have an attack with expose, the expose damage is shown as modified when you look at the profile of that character in battle. When it is applied after an attack, it registers the full amount.

Is expose intended to be affected by weaken?

Another quick question. Is it best to start a new thread every time I want to post another (potential) bug?

If a target is weakened, and they have an attack with expose, the expose damage is shown as modified when you look at the profile of that character in battle. When it is applied after an attack, it registers the full amount.

Is expose intended to be affected by weaken?
    Well, the result in battle is intended, but the character profile tooltip is incorrect. I'll look into getting that fixed. This sort of thing used to function a little differently, but this was changed in version 1.22. This is how we described that change on 7/28:

"Status effects that apply damage, heals, and shields will continue to be based off of a character’s current-offense (base-offense affected by ie. Enrage, Buff, or Weaken). All other status effect calculations will now be based off a character’s base-offense. For example, when the ability Bandit Blitz applies the Injured status effect, the amount of Injury applied will not change if the attacker has either the Buff or Weaken status effect. Any Buffs or Weakens would however still affect the amount of damage dealt by the ability. Note: these base-offense status effect changes apply strictly to individual abilities that apply status effects, for example, Bash II w/ Expose, Bandit Blitz w/ Injure, and Sunder w/ Weaken. Any item-specific effects that derive their value based on a percentage of damage will continue to be based on current-offense."
    NOTE: patch note history can be viewed here: http://kizstudios.com/mightandmayhem/updates/

In short, an Expose item would have its effect reduced by Weaken, but an Expose that is part of an ability, like Executioner's Bash II, is not currently affected by Weaken.

As for new bugs, if you don't see a related thread, then go ahead and start a new one. We're always on the look out for new posts, so wherever you want to discuss an issue, we'll find it.

Perfect. Thanks for the timely reply as always.
    I should note that this also holds true for unstopable II with the weaken effect.

Question on the same topic. If a critical attack with an item applies 2 debuffs, why does a trait after a crit only apply one?

EG crit a target. Target trait unstopable II. Character = x1 weaken
    Crit a target. Character equipped with bone charm. Target = x2 weaken

Trying to get a grasp of what the intended mechanics are so I dont report wild goose chases :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DanHaney View Post
    In short, an Expose item would have its effect reduced by Weaken, but an Expose that is part of an ability, like Executioner's Bash II, is not currently affected by Weaken.
    Seems reasonable to me, since most items are based off current attack anyways
    Last edited by Suburban; 10-23-2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Quote

If a critical attack with an item applies 2 debuffs, why does a trait after a crit only apply one?

EG crit a target. Target trait unstopable II. Character = x1 weaken
    Crit a target. Character equipped with bone charm. Target = x2 weaken
    This is mostly a function of how we build our abilities. Attacks with critical damage chance technically have 2 damage effects, 1 with guaranteed damage, and 1 with chance to damage. So this accounts for the 2 debuffs on crit attacks from fighters w/ debuff items.

Unstoppable II has the Unstoppable effect, which deals with stuns, transforms, etc., and also has an effect we call Backlash, which is basically a counter-weaken. Currently the 'counter' abilities look for damage, but aren't aware of multiple damage components. You will notice that crits delivered to ie. Goblin Warrior (Counter trait, a counter-damage) or Goblin Medic (Repulse trait, a counter-expose) don't apply their effects twice. But this is a reasonable expectation, so it's something we'll look into.

One interesting related note: counter traits/items currently only react to damage. For example, if Faceless Knight uses his Dammnation ability on a Goblin Warrior, he applies the Doom effect, but does not inflict any damage. As a result, the Goblin does not deal any Counter damage. This is not necessarily intended, so that's another issue our design team will discuss.

These are great questions. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by DanHaney View Post
    Well, the result in battle is intended, but the character profile tooltip is incorrect.
    Just noting this is fairly common on the tool tips, Ive confirmed it for Static Shield & Prime.

On a slightly more interesting note, prime attack buff seems to increase in the tooltip as prime stacks up:

Zero primes - tooltip 68
    One prime - tooltip 95
    Two primes - 126 tooltip

And so on.

Zero primes - tooltip 68
    One prime - tooltip 95
    Two primes - 126 tooltip
    This is intended behavior. In the case of Prime & Static Shield, these abilities don't have a damage component + an effect. Instead, all they do is apply an effect, ie. Prime & Shield. So the shield will be affected by Weakens & Buffs, and in Prime's case, yes, Prime primes itself. So the tooltips *should be* correct.

Look to me like ive dug up another bug then....just confirmed in goblin gulch.
    Base AP 164
    Prime 1 - The prime buff on the character reads 66 damage, character shows 230 AP and the prime tooltip reads 92 - expected
    However
    Prime 2 - The prime buff on the character reads 132 (opposed to 158) damage, character shows 295 AP (Opposed to 321) and the prime tooltip reads 124

For those reading, i know the math is slightly off. This is the way it appears in game. I imagine it to be due to the slight rounding errors associated with attack damage being expressed as a percentage of attack power.

Ok, so I just went over the numbers to be sure...

So the amount each Prime buff is calculated using current offense. Then at the end of the round, the Prime buff is added to base offense. So looking at your example below, Base ATK 164 + 2nd Prime buff of 132 = 296 (rounded to 295).

Base AP 164
    Prime 1 - The prime buff on the character reads 66 damage, character shows 230 AP and the prime tooltip reads 92 - expected
    However
    Prime 2 - The prime buff on the character reads 132 (opposed to 158) damage, character shows 295 AP (Opposed to 321) and the prime tooltip reads 124
    So Prime does buff itself, but each new Prime buff is added to the original base offense of the Bomb Goblin.

For those interested, here are the stats for a Level 1 Crater:
    Round 1:
    Base level Crater: ATK 85
    Prime II: Increases ATK by 34

Round 3:
    1 Prime Crater: ATK 119 (85 + 34)
    Prime II: Increases ATK by 48
    Prime Status Effect: ATK increased by 34

Round 5:
    2 Prime Crater: ATK 153 (85 + 68)
    Prime II: Increases ATK by 62
    Prime SE: ATK increased by 68