Thread: Let's talk about $$$

Let's talk about $$$

Hey Kiz

So listen, I'm not a fan of spending real money to boost myself in game... Meaning I probably won't be buying gems anytime soon.

HOWEVER - I'd like to contribute because I think you guys are awesome. How about a few solely cosmetic options?

Examples would be... For $2 we can customize the color of our name in chat. Or we can choose the background of our home screen, with each option costing $5. Or maybe for $20 Kiz sends us a signed thank you card!

Just a thought!
    G

Adding more cosmetic type items is definitely something we can look into. The biggest trouble with stuff like that is figuring how and where to best implement UI for it!

As for other cosmetic items, we've got a few skin options in for all fighters, but that's also something we can add over time. How much interest do y'all have in new fighter skins?

I'd definitely like to see some new skins dan... Haven't been able to afford one yet, but they're on my radar. If there were a couple of 100 gem options, I think players would eat 'em up.

I will be buying gems - specifically $100 worth - not bc I want to "fast track" or pay to win, but to show my support and "vote with my dollars". If the game doesn't make money, it will go away like my old favorite... That would be terrible as this is a FAR better game with FAR better support.

Anyway, I have an idea similar to Gart's: Allow players to rename their fighters when they reach Elite status - with or without a fee for the privilege.

For example, I'd love MY elite Imp, Bandit Girl, Shield Keeper and the rest to have unique names rather than "Bonzo", "Starlight" and "Bryn". I'd definitely pay for it and I think it would be fun to see what other players choose to name their elites.

Cheers!

Renaming fighters is definitely something we've considered, but unfortunately I don't think we have the community support infrastructure quite yet to deal with all the inappropriate names that would result. But hopefully down the road we can do this.

As for other cosmetic items, we've got a few skin options in for all fighters, but that's also something we can add over time. How much interest do y'all have in new fighter skins?
    I love the the skins you have so far and I would love to get new ones perhaps ice and lightning themed ones?

Quote Originally Posted by danhaney View Post
    renaming fighters is definitely something we've considered, but unfortunately i don't think we have the community support infrastructure quite yet to deal with all the inappropriate names that would result. But hopefully down the road we can do this.
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddeeeeeeeeeee yes makes this happen XD
    Last edited by Capt_Sno; 10-01-2015 at 01:22 AM.