Thread: Here's my proposal. The short version...

Here's my proposal. The short version...

If you want to read my super long-winded essay on the state of the game as I see it, check out the other thread. I’ll keep this one short and to the point:

In the beginning, when you’re relatively weak, the game is brutally hard. You need BB just to get through the campaigns and beat bosses. First Strike is the best, if not only way to earn lots of tokens, buy and evolve your fighters, buy crates and advance in the game. (Of course you can buy them for real money, that’s beside the point)

Once you’ve done all that and you have multiple maxed Elites, the only real challenge left is a live opponent in the Arena. Those are few and far between and it sucks that the reality is that most of those battles come down to luck because we’re all still using First Strike and BB.

Why does a team of maxed Elites need a Boost? Needing a boost implies weakness. Level 30 teams need a boost to compete with maxed Elites. Shame on you for using BB with a team of maxed elites against a team of level 30s. First Strike is for winning fast because you only have 30 minutes to earn as many tokens as possible.

What's more fun, a three round fight or a 10 round fight?

Who doesn’t groan or even forfeit right away when your live opponent has 2 or 3 first strikes and you don’t have any?

Is it fun, interesting or challenging to be on either side of that scenario?

Wouldn’t it be more fun, interesting and challenging without First Strike and BB?

There are 51 fighters. How many do you have? How many do you use?

We don’t have to wait for an update to make the game more fun for us.

All we have to do is agree: No First Strike teams in the Arena. (Yep. No Sabreclaw. We can talk about Starling & Dark Archer)

While we're at it, no BB either. (If it’s for a quest, use them against AI. You know who the live opponents are by now)

What do you think?
    Last edited by Matt A-Row; 06-26-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added bold for brevity's sake

you are forgetting that when they made the change to FK he became powerful. you need a battle boost most of the time to defeat that army.if they fixed FK I could agree to all your other suggestions.

Also had u consider that ppl use BB in Order to have a mere chance to beat a powerful player such as u or silhouette or me !

Regarding Faceless Knight...

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    you are forgetting that when they made the change to FK he became powerful. you need a battle boost most of the time to defeat that army.if they fixed FK I could agree to all your other suggestions.
    If FK worked differently than he does now, it was before my time. As FK works now, he's is not especially powerful unless he has First Strike. Without first strike, he can doom 1 fighter after a minimum of 8 rounds (it takes at least 2 rounds to bank 6AP, probably more like 3 or 4.)

So, if we all agree not to use First Strike, FK is just another fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombiosh View Post
    Also had u consider that ppl use BB in Order to have a mere chance to beat a powerful player such as u or silhouette or me !
    I am considering precisely that scenario. To be more clear: I propose that those of us who have level 50 Elites agree not use First Strike or Battle Boosts against each other and especially not against lesser players. As far as I know only Silhouette and I have all 51 elites, so for us, that means never.

For anyone else, the rule applies when you're playing elites and doesn't when you're playing lesser fighters to level them up or try them out or whatever. Noobs especially can and should use any advantage they can. For one of us to use a BB against a lesser player is somewhere between unsportsmanlike and cowardly.

If you're a six-foot tall adult playing basketball with a 10 year old, you can block his shots all day. Would you?

As far as I'm concerned using a BB against a lesser player is the same thing.

Does that make sense?

I no longer have level 51 characters. I got them to fix my account. you should do the same.

Gotta agree w E about the battle boost arena usage! I'm a wee lil noob, so there's obviously a ton of game knowledge I'm oblivious to, but I've never used a BB in the arena cuz it seemed like a waste?? The arena's always been a way of free practicing, experimenting, learning new team combos, racking up items/orbs/etc etc etc etc.

51 Fighters total. not level 51

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    I no longer have level 51 characters. I got them to fix my account. you should do the same.
    51 Fighters total. Not level 51. Sometimes I think there really is a language barrier here

Agreed.

1. No first strike in the arena if you have 3 Elites.
    2. No BB in the arena if you have 3 elites

I think this was GREATLY enhance the arena experience. I'm all for it. I suggest that we use the Green Thinking emoji as the first greeting to establish/communicate that we're both on the same page. Kind of like boxers touching gloves before they fight. This way you know who's playing by the 'new rules' and who's not (either through choice, not knowing better, or not being a real person).

As for First Srike Characters like Sabreclaw, Starling, Talus and anyone else that may have been forgotten. You can use those characters. Just don't take advantage of the 1st strike ability. Use your first strike only when you have the normal amount of AP and then end your turn.

Example: Saberclaw
    Round 1: You get 1AP
    You can't use first strike howl (b/c it normally costs 2 and you don't have 2 AP). But you can use first strike claw (since it normally costs 1AP). But you end your turn after using it (thus, "pretending" that you spent the usual 1AP). If you have a Burst attached and it's triggered; then you can use another 1AP attack (either saberclaw again if it also triggered a time warp, or via another character).

Quote Originally Posted by Lobrowe View Post
    Agreed.

1. No first strike in the arena if you have 3 Elites.
    2. No BB in the arena if you have 3 elites

I think this was GREATLY enhance the arena experience. I'm all for it. I suggest that we use the Green Thinking emoji as the first greeting to establish/communicate that we're both on the same page. Kind of like boxers touching gloves before they fight. This way you know who's playing by the 'new rules' and who's not (either through choice, not knowing better, or not being a real person).
    Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobrowe View Post
    As for First Strike Characters like Sabreclaw, Starling, Talus and anyone else that may have been forgotten. You can use those characters. Just don't take advantage of the 1st strike ability. Use your first strike only when you have the normal amount of AP and then end your turn.

Example: Saberclaw
    Round 1: You get 1AP
    You can't use first strike howl (b/c it normally costs 2 and you don't have 2 AP). But you can use first strike claw (since it normally costs 1AP). But you end your turn after using it (thus, "pretending" that you spent the usual 1AP). If you have a Burst attached and it's triggered; then you can use another 1AP attack (either saberclaw again if it also triggered a time warp, or via another character).
    Hmmm. Let's think about that: Sabreclaw/Talus/Starling is certainly a strong combo, but even with 2 howls stacked (40% chance if that team goes 2nd), it's not totally devastating like Infernus or Scorch with 2 howls stacked on a 6AP area attack. Those 2 are also low health compared to Scorch & Infernus.
    After thinking about it more, I'm inclined to reconsider. Fighters with the first strike *trait* are fair game in whatever combo with whatever items EXCEPT first strike.

That keeps it simple enough...
    Last edited by Matt A-Row; 06-26-2015 at 02:01 PM.