Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug Bounties!!

Bug Bounties!!

Hey Mayhemers!

Welcome to the Wanted Board of our little slice of community forum!!

Here's an F.A.Q!

Wh-what??
    I love squashing bugs, and you guys like having a stable game. Sometimes, I need help tracking down a
    very sneaky bug. If-or-when that happens, I will offer rewards for information in this thread.
    If you like bug hunting too, subscribe to this thread for updates!

Are you serious?
    Very.
    I test this game a lot, but all the hours I put in to it still doesn't equal the amount of time you guys play. Plus, you all have very unique strategies and rare combinations that uncover bugs! It's your creativity and enthusiasm that make this game what it is, and it's super valuable in tracking down extremely tough problems.

Is this gonna be a regular thing?
    Nope!
    I only post the biggest, baddest bounties for you guys.

Okay, so what do I do?
    I'll post a big bug bounty here. If you are subscribed, you'll get a notification. If not, check back sometimes, okay?
    I'll share what I know about it, maybe request certain kinds of recon, and offer a reward.

Then, when you encounter that bug, you come back here and tell me everything you know about it.

Interesting...How do I get the reward?
    If the information you provide in your post leads us directly to that bug, you'll get a reward! Now, this is a case-by-case basis. This mean that in some cases, a couple of people qualify for a reward. These will be distributed individually. Sometimes, no one will qualify for a reward! That's the saddest case, but it sometimes happens.

I reserve the right to decide what information, if any, was helpful in the hunt and therefore earns rewards. Just any old call-in isn't necessarily helpful, especially on bugs sneaky enough to land themselves here. That being said, these are going to be difficult cases and uncommon, so if you do encounter the bug and take notes for us the odds of reward are good.

How about if I have more information later?
    Sorry! Although your diligence is appreciated, any information submitted after the Bounty has been identified as resolved will be disregarded. If it's already fixed on our end, you can expect it to be fixed on the next patch!

Can I report ANY bug here?
    No, absolutely not.

I will remove posts unrelated to the Bounties, as these are going to be special cases.
    If you have another issue or bug to tell us about please do so in the Bugs & Issues forum as a new post. If you have ideas or suggestions, please take them to the General Discussion or Arena Discussion boards to share with your fellow players! A moderator will check on your report and update you as soon as possible!

Okay! Let's get started!
    If you have any other questions about bug hunting, check out the next few links!

Thread Rules! - Not active yet
    Bug Reports: A How-To - Active
    Forum Rules - Active

As always, make sure you follow the rules of the forum! Enjoy yourselves but be respectful to one another!

Happy hunting!!
    -Toasty
    Last edited by Toastydonut; 07-29-2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Add links.

Rules:

Place Holder for some officialese rules when I get around to it.
    I'll keep it short, or tiny font. Promise.

Lightbulb Bounty #1: 134008 - Arena Boot

Hey Mayhemers!

I need your help!

Listen, I've heard a lot about a particular bug in the Arena. It may be a bug you have heard of, or even experienced!

We'll call it

"The Arena Boot Bug."

Here's what happens:
    Occasionally, when player is matched to player in an Arena queue, a player will experience a crash in a bad way. The loading screen will appear, but before any progress is made the whole game crashes and the player lands on their device homescreen. (It's a bug in the Arena that boots players, hence the silly name!)

When a player reconnects to Might and Mayhem, they are returned to the home menu as though nothing happened; there is no evidence of the arena match. They are not reconnected to a battle. Their fighters are intact. No Trophies have been exchanged.

Here's the problem:
    I can't recreate this for the life of me.
    I've tested every possible avenue available to me (seriously I queued up with every evolution of every playable character) and turned up exactly zero results. It has never happened to me. A crash is a severe bug, and we want to have it fixed for you guys ASAP. It really bugs (ha!) me that I can't recreate it to observe in office. Your information will help me do so!

Here's the deal:
    You can help me a lot! If you experience the crash, take notes on what you were doing!
    Check the first post for a link to some bug reporting tips. If that's not your style, tell me whatever you can in a post here!

If you provide us information that directly contributes to locating and exterminating this frustrating bug, we'll grant you a Toasty reward!

How about...
    600 gems!
    Let's see...that's 6 Tournament entries...or 3 Premium crates...or 12 Standard crates...or part of an evolution to II or III depending on what I've saved up...

Quote Originally Posted by Toastydonut View Post
    Hey Mayhemers!

I need your help!

Listen, I've heard a lot about a particular bug in the Arena. It may be a bug you have heard of, or even experienced!

We'll call it

"The Arena Boot Bug."

Here's what happens:
    Occasionally, when player is matched to player in an Arena queue, a player will experience a crash in a bad way. The loading screen will appear, but before any progress is made the whole game crashes and the player lands on their device homescreen. (It's a bug in the Arena that boots players, hence the silly name!)

When a player reconnects to Might and Mayhem, they are returned to the home menu as though nothing happened; there is no evidence of the arena match. They are not reconnected to a battle. Their fighters are intact. No Trophies have been exchanged.

Here's the problem:
    I can't recreate this for the life of me.
    I've tested every possible avenue available to me (seriously I queued up with every evolution of every playable character) and turned up exactly zero results. It has never happened to me. A crash is a severe bug, and we want to have it fixed for you guys ASAP. It really bugs (ha!) me that I can't recreate it to observe in office. Your information will help me do so!

Here's the deal:
    You can help me a lot! If you experience the crash, take notes on what you were doing!
    Check the first post for a link to some bug reporting tips. If that's not your style, tell me whatever you can in a post here!

If you provide us information that directly contributes to locating and exterminating this frustrating bug, we'll grant you a Toasty reward!

How about...
    600 gems!
    Let's see...that's 6 Tournament entries...or 3 Premium crates...or 12 Standard crates...or part of an evolution to II or III depending on what I've saved up...
    It is device/os related I get this bug when I am on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 plus but never get this bug when I am on my android phone. This bug started after alliance update. I play on wifi. Happens on many different fighter combos haven't noticed it being related to a specific fighter combo.
    Last edited by Jooje; 07-29-2015 at 05:05 PM.

There is another bug that I experience. When dueling another player I get either stuck at loading screen ( same happens to,the other player) or I crash. You can verify it with kiz studios account player today. The bug happened to us multiple,times when we were trying to duel. I was on wifi and using my iPad air2. Again it also happens on my iPhone 6 plus but does not happen on my android phone.

Theses bugs started after the alliance update. Happens to every fighter combo I choose to play with.
    Last edited by Jooje; 07-29-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks Jooje! I'll try dueling with our KizStudios account rep and see what happens! I appreciate the lead.

Try with BluuDev, too. Happens quite often on HIS end. Not mine. He challenges, I accept. On my side, I see the loading screen and then I get a notification (little message at the bottom of the screen, "BluuDev has gone offline") and then an alert box saying the player left or got disconnected. So it's being handled correctly on my side, but Blu might be able to help you.

For the record, I have two devices, and iPhone 4s (two more months on my contract!) running iOS 7 (last) and a first gen iPad running iOS 8 (latest) and I'm always on wifi.

Oh, and the iPhone is actually going thru a VPN... But it happens with either device and the iPad doesn't use the VPN.

And I think that Blu was at home when this happened, but I leave that to him.

Cheers,

E

heres my (prolly pathetic) 2 cents:
    I play on an iPhone 5 & anytime the game starts 2 freeze up I always make sure my wifi setting has the http proxy turned OFF. If it's on auto it takes FOREVER 4 any app to run, if at all? The App Store won't even work right?

Bounty #1 Update!

Hey guys! Thank you all for your contributions. I wanted to take some time to update you on our progress with this particular bug, since it is being exceptionally hardy. Your input is being taken seriously, but we are still working on resolving the issue.

Here's what we know:
    - This bug is causing crashes on iOS versions 8.3 and 8.4 exclusively.
    - The iOS error received is extremely uncommon.
    - It is not linked to any one character, item, team slot, or environment: all assets load successfully most of the time.

It appears to be an issue related to Unity and Apple's Metal integration.
    ....mm-hm. We're continuing to work on a resolution, but it's a toughie.

In the meantime, here's a bit of a workaround that may help!

- If your opponent crashes on you, go ahead and run an easy campaign battle. Sometimes a nice clean win is a good zen booster. Then, re-issue your challenge!
    - If you experience the crash, reconnect when possible. When your intended opponent is ready for a rematch, shuffle your team a little bit! You can use the same characters, but put them in different slots on the menu.

This process isn't flawless, but it did seem to help. While I tested this bug repeatedly, these steps seemed to evade the crash 8/10 times.

All right guys! Keep up the excellent play! We'll keep on it on our end.

Happy hunting!!
    --Toasty

So seems you found the cause as mentioned in the patch notes it is iOS related, thank you for fixing it.

I pointed above it is device/os related so I guess gems are on the way right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast