Thread: Please add a confirmation dialog when spending gems

Please add a confirmation dialog when spending gems

I'm not going to re-hash the issues at length, but I want to point out a few things wrt to spending gems when we absolutely, positively didn't want to and we end up spending gems:

Two use cases:

1. Player is in a World Event where it is a race against the clock. It often comes down to seconds in the last wave. There are many times I've started the last wave with 5 seconds or less remaining. The problem is that the Continue (without spending gems) and the Spend Gems to Continue button are in the exact same place. If it's really close, the button changes from free to ~150 gems in the time it takes for my brain to read and process which state is active and send the signal to my finger to tap the button. If there is a confirmation dialog, there's no problem. Alternatively, if the button is moved to a different place on screen, there is less chance of accidental spending. As it is, I've tapped the spend button several times and so has Captain Lob Rowe as reported in another thread on this forum.

2. Player is fighting in the Arena and one or more fighters are KO'd. It's one of those rare times when you've just fought a live player and you want to revive the KO'd fighters and *pick a new team* as quickly as possible so you get a rematch. You do not want to spend gems to revive the old team - they just got beat. As your trying to select the KO'd fighters and press the revive button, you get an alert that a friend has either logged in or out. This interrupts the process and for some reason, the selection reverts to the previous fighter and the button switches from the revive for time option on the new fighter to the revive instantly for gems button on the previously selected player and with the button in the same place, bingo! you just spent 30 gems.

I get it. We're talking about $.30 or $1.00. This is a freemium game, your revenue comes from small transactions. The "workaround" is to be careful and deliberate. Okay. If that's the way it is, that's the way it is, but it's a poor user experience and maybe a reason that new players don't continue. For me, it's not about the money. I have and will continue to support the game with my dollars, it's the principle and the fact that it makes me mad when it happens.

Thanks for reading.

~E
    Last edited by Matt A-Row; 07-31-2015 at 05:48 PM.

No one has anything to say about this? If you took the time to read it, I'd think you'd have some thoughts on the issue. Am I just whining or is this a legitimate issue?
    Last edited by Matt A-Row; 08-01-2015 at 02:51 PM. Reason: corrected typo

Hey Matt--

Thanks for your feedback. These 2 cases are interesting and we will look into ways to resolve the issues you have experienced.

We do plan on revisiting how the World Events work in the near future. At least when you encounter the scenario described, you know what to look out for. Regarding the notifications issue, we'll try and repro to hopefully determine a global fix. Perhaps you can try turning off notifications to see if that works as a temporary workaround.

dh

Pllllllease make this one of your priorities! It's a win/win situation for everyone! I've played so many mobile apps & seen them lose SO many players (including their most dedicated vets) because of the constant accidental loss of in game currency. It's one of the most frequent forum requests/issues/gripes of any game that doesn't have it!
    I bought $20 worth of gems yesterday, only to have half of them wasted on the accidental evolve of Dr Loc. Devastated, disappointed & yes, I cried.

Lumpkin

I did the DocLoc devastation yesterday

Oops. Yesterday Aug 6th 19:24

Oh & I have $20 purchase info from Apple if you need it? Dunno if I should post it here though?

We will be adding purchase confirmations to select purchases for v1.35. Unfortunately this change won't make it into the 1.34 patch submitted last week.