Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xavilla

Xavilla

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like Xavilla is a lot weaker than the other offensive champs. Not only does she not have a heal skill like Oddilus or Nexi, but she doesn't have a debuff ability either! I am not sure if she's designed to be a glass cannon, but she doesn't seem to be doing enough damage to justify her squishy-ness. Maybe add in some kind of stun skill like on Kilowatt? Or improve her sprit dance ability for extra survivability? Anyways, I did see that the devs are planning on rebalancing Khan which is very much needed imo, and I was just giving my two cents on Xavilla. My personal favorite is Nexi at the moment, but Rook looks fun to play as well.
    Last edited by TheJcw15; 08-06-2015 at 01:35 AM.

I'm mostly playing Xavilla at the moment, since I recently bought her. I agree with what you said.

She's very weak, and with no stun or debuff spells to get her in a position that she can cripple opponents while attacking, she offers no real advantage in comparison to characters like Kilowatt. I feel like her spirit dance is supposed to be the source of her efficacy however the spell does not target or track enemy players unless she is almost right next to them. This makes her incredibly difficult to use as you cannot use this spell unless you want to die. Additionally, it does not seem to deal enough dps to be worthwhile in comparison to her pot-throw spell (forget the name).

She isn't that bad though, if you keep your distance and use her pot-throw spell to zone enemies you can do a lot of damage before they can get close to you, however I feel spirit dance is supposed to allow her to burst down single targets quickly, or escape a bad situation, but it does not. It feels almost useless and 99% of the time you're better off pushing and running away.

i agree that she probably does need a slight buff, but i think alot of her problems will be alleviated once the bowling workout is fixed and her true damage potential can be reached.

Is she meant to have 0% critical damage bonus with 6.5% critical chance? This seems like it could be a problem with her damage since all the other champs critical with 200% beside Platimus who has 0 also.

Yea why the 0% critical damage bonus? How does that work with 6.5% critical chance?

I assume she does no damage on a critical? 100% would be regular damage. 200% is double. unless 0% is the baseline and a critical is actually 3x the heroes basic attack.

i filled out all of her workouts and badges finally. i really feel like Ghost Bomb should apply some sort of debuff. The one ive toyed around with and like the most is:

When an enemy is hit with Ghost Bomb, they receive 50% less Healing for 2 seconds and move 50% slower for 0.5 seconds

In reality even though she has a 6.5% crit chance, crits do nothing on her. I really hope this is a visual bug rather than her lack of an ability to crit. I also believe she needs a slight buff. Even with bowling workouts functioning, she has no sustain, only a small knock back for a cc, and is pure damage. With her already low attack damage, I feel like players are being forced to get the Crusher Badge on her in order to be effective.

While I do like SirFizzy's idea I believe that the 50% healing and 50% slow should only work with her Ghost Lantern Passive. I believe this change will not only prevent Xavilla from feeling too strong, but will also emphasize her passive and make it so you want to get that last hit for the knockout at all costs.

I would also like to see a 10% move speed increase on her Spirit Dance. Why? I feel like this is both an offensive and defensive skill. The enemies are too close and you don't have Totem Spirit up? Dance in order to get away and deal some damage. Need to chase the enemy down and get that last bit of damage? Dance! Right now with no movement speed on Spirit Dance I feel that it is slightly awkward and really not very effective since the enemy can catch up to you even without slowing you

Guys, i already know that she does have an ability to crit. She is just bugged like a lot of champs. This is the exact reason we have a beta folks.
    Sowr

@Sowr
    some clarification for you. we arent really discussing her crit, we are discussing what actually happens when you DO crit in her current state. we are all pretty sure its a bug, we just want to know if its a visual bug, or an actual bug. Does she do full crit on a crit, or is it reduced.

@Emomiime
    My personal opinion on move speed increases on champs is thats a job that should be handled strictly by workouts and badges. i think we all can agree on how much of an advantage move speed brings to khan, and while xavilla doesnt have the toughness that khan has, move speed is still a very strong advantage in this game. its for this reason i DONT want to see more movespeed buff auras.

as it stands, i think her move speed neutralizer is great. this is also why i suggested her debuff being attached to lantern bomb. its ranged, it has a zero cooldown when used properly, and can be used both offensively as a counter to khan and nexi, while also providing more eescape for her between totem slam uses and dancing. also, with 5 bowling upgrades(once their fixed) her dance will do 120 a shot, more than enough damage in my opinion. her totem will do 960 total, and her lantern bomb will do 480 (all numbers before resistance). she will be a strong force, i believe this. and so i think the only changes she really needs are that debuff.

again though, until the bowling workout is fixed, its kinda hard to test her fully. once that happens, her and ace are gonna be heavyweights i really think.

Brutus is far weaker and more useless than Xavilla based on observations of my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast