In a game that is so fast paced and focused on arena action with physicality I think the player should always be allowed to do something. They should never be caught waiting for a count down timer to use a base attack.

Imagine chasing down the opponent before a game winning Plunderball score and being in position to attack only to be limited by a count down timer and forced to lose. This loss was out of the player's hand. That can be frustrating for new players and many will leave this game as a result never to return again.

I propose that base weapons have no cool down. It is a one to one interaction. Base Attack damage is the only stat effecting this slot. Unless a weapon adds elemental damage or other bonuses to the base attack.

I also propose that since all players can jump each champion should have their own "hulk smash" attack when in the air.

This puts just the slightest bit more control into the player's hands. The jump attacks could also cause various levels of knockback allowing the players to setup their opponents for environment hazards.