Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Comp Discussion

Team Comp Discussion

Thinking up new ideas for team composition has always been what keeps me coming back to MOBAs. I haven't noticed a huge amount of discussion over team composition here in the forums, so I thought i'd start a topic for it.

The game is relatively new, yes, but I'd like to get an idea of how everyone is thinking about team strategies. Only having ten champs limits the options for large numbers of diverse team strategies, but I still have two general questions for everyone.

1. How do you think team composition will play a role in this game?

-I think team composition will ultimately be decided in the training badges. It won't be enough to simply pick champs that work well together, a team will have to optimize their badges as a whole. I'd expect to see the option to have multiple loadouts for badges sometime soon.

2. What are some team comps you have in mind? For the sake of this question, lets limit the use of champs to one per team.

-I personally like the idea of Nexi, Ace, Kilowatt, Rook. Gives plenty of options for shutting down Khan or other Nexi's. Mobility is weak for this team, but they have a good amount of sustain.

Go ahead and share your team comps! You don't necessarily have to answer my questions. I just thought it would be a good place to start for the sake of discussion.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

My plan with this thread is to get an idea of a meta for this game, and share my findings with everyone else in the community. I'll basically be identifying which characters people use most in the their ideas for team comps. Currently, only five team comps have been presented here. Here are the results from those five.

Team Comps (1.0.6)
    In order of appearance
    1)Nexi, Ace, Kilowatt, Rook
    2)Khan, Nexi, Platimus, Oddilus
    3)Rook, Nexi, Platimus, Ace
    4)Oddilus, Leatherhead, Khan, Ace/Rook - Team Reflect
    5)Khan, Nexi, Platimus, Rook

Times used/participation percentage (per five teams):
    Nexi - 4; 80%
    Rook - 4; 80%
    Ace - 3; 60%
    Platimus - 3; 60%
    Khan - 3; 60%
    Oddilus - 2; 40%
    Leatherhead - 1; 20%
    Brutus - 0; 0%
    Xavilla - 0; 0%

My findings do not neseccarily reflect which characters are weaker or stronger. As the list grows, I hope to follow trends that may arise in the use of certain champs by our players here in tn the forums.

If any mistakes are found, please let me know in a post.

I plan to continually update this list as people post their comps. Feel free to add your own comps or comment on weaknesses or strengths of already listed comps. Please share!

J_MTN
    Last edited by J_MTN; 08-14-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Khan nexi plat and oddli. The only squishy one without heals is oddi and hes probably one of the best dmg characters

1. team composition will play a large role, especially for teams with support roles. workouts will definately be a deciding factor.

2. my fave team comp so far has been rook, nexi, platimus, ace. with the right badges, this team shuts down khans, burns up nexi's, and is especially deadly when fighting in narrow passages. team fights against this group are hard with heals galore, debuffs, and multiple forms of CC and high damage skills.

Hm.. Maybe I'm not looking at this right. Both of you mentioned platimus. I'm just not seeing how he fits in. I've played around with him a few games. Are his egg buffs really that useful? I'll have to look into him more.

EDIT: I just wasn't paying attention when I read his info, apparently. I can see how Plat in good hands would be a monster.
    Last edited by J_MTN; 08-13-2015 at 04:32 PM.

1. First I'll talk about platimus a little bit. I saw that you went and looked back at him but here is some additional reasons why plat is good in most team comps. Currently he is the best healer in the game with his aoe rainbow blast and aoe heal from his nest. Additionally, he does nice damage due to his dot and rainbow blast. The slow on his nest is also devastating and the eggs can be positioned to allow allies to get to places they may not have be able to get to.

2. I really like SirFizzy's group due to the devastating cc as well as damage and sustain. His comp is the same as my dream team currently, but here is some ideas of different comps that could potentially work.

TEAM REFLECT
    Oddilus, Leatherhead, Khan, Ace/Rook (Cc's plus natural -% Damage Resistance)
    Logic? This team benefits from being tanky with medium damage and medium cc's (if not good enough cc use Ace if fine use rook) Oddilus and Leatherhead both have abilities that put on damage reflect making so when they are hit they reflect damage back. This will add to the damage they deal and make them formidable. If they coordinate and place there buffs on opposite targets, they potentially can all reflect damage. They are also all generally tanky so they can survive the hits they take. Oddilus, Rook, and Khan are all good ball carriers as well.

Strength: Good against squishy comps that cannot take much damage since these guys are tanky and reflect damage back at them. Has the speed/tank buffs for the team. Good mobility, tankyness, and medium cc. Godly vs those who go machine gun since reflect.

Weakness: Damage output may be low. Watch out for speed drain due to oddilus and khan! Hard to coordinate buffs, make sure to be in party chat and find out who is buffing whom before hand.
    Last edited by Emomiime; 08-13-2015 at 06:18 PM.

I like team reflect. Leatherhead and Khan would take a lot of damage to put down. And that's not even considering all the reflected damage. It would take a well organized team to beat that comp. Thanks for the egg tip! I'll be laying eggs for my teammates to climb on from now on.

As a side note, I've been playing Ace recently and his ability, scrambler, is at a fixed distance and cannot be moved closer to him. This limits his usefulness, in my opinion. He'd have to keep his distance to be really effective, and any opposing team could make it hard on him by continually trying to close the gap on him. Alternatively, he has great chasing and escape capabilities with his Dash Attack.

Without having more than one of each champ, Khan, Nexi, Plat, and Rook seem to be a very effective combination for annihilation.
    Last edited by MICHH; 08-13-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Well, if you're really excited about a comp that uses the same character more than once, then go ahead and post it. I just said that because I'm not particularly interested in 4 khan teams.

I don't care too much for annihilation usually, but I can see how Khan and Plat are a devastating duo. Drop a few eggs and let Khan go to town. Most randoms would rush straight into an egg buffed khan. :roll eyes:
    Rook and nexi also have potential to work extremely well together. Baiting with rook into a stealth nexi would be fatal.

Very tanky comp, as well.

Double post, but eh.

My plan with this thread is to get an idea of a meta for this game, and share my findings with everyone else in the community. I'll basically be identifying which characters people use most in the their ideas for team comps. Currently, only five team comps have been presented here. Here are the results from those five.

Team Comps (1.0.6)
    In order of appearance
    1)Nexi, Ace, Kilowatt, Rook
    2)Khan, Nexi, Platimus, Oddilus
    3)Rook, Nexi, Platimus, Ace
    4)Oddilus, Leatherhead, Khan, Ace/Rook - Team Reflect
    5)Khan, Nexi, Platimus, Rook

Times used/participation percentage (per five teams):
    Nexi - 4; 80%
    Rook - 4; 80%
    Ace - 3; 60%
    Platimus - 3; 60%
    Khan - 3; 60%
    Oddilus - 2; 40%
    Leatherhead - 1; 20%
    Brutus - 0; 0%
    Xavilla - 0; 0%

My findings do not neseccarily reflect which characters are weaker or stronger. As the list grows, I hope to follow trends that may arise in the use of certain champs by our players here in tn the forums.

If any mistakes are found, please let me know in a post.

I plan to continually update this list as people post their comps. Feel free to add your own comps or comment on weaknesses or strengths of already listed comps. Please share!

I've been running Rook, Ace, Kilowatt, (Insert DPS here). It's all about the stuns and debuffs. Good speed, good toughness, good damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast