Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rook "God mode" Breaking the game..

Quote Originally Posted by SirFizzyWo View Post

@Ace
    im sorry if you feel differently. we may just have a difference of opinion. the fact is however that rook is a strong character, played well by a few people. that does not make her OP. by that reasoning every character is OP because ive been killed by everyone. even a xavilla (though this was more my fault for positioning myself near a cliff).
    I never said she was op, her buff just needs to be toned down a little. Few characters are played well considering this community is so small, but the players that do play rook well are almost impossible to kill if I'm playing with randoms. Yea sure, throw some debuffs at her and coordinate an attack and she'll die for sure. But the amount of effort and teamwork it takes is just too much, and if the other team has 2+ good rooks just forget about it. I have never played a moba or moba like game with such a ridiculous buff. 30 seconds? Really?
    PSN: AaronBanks1

I forgot to mention that as Rook we also fall though the map all the time. I thought it was always an issue with teleporting too close to rocks to ledges. Nope I was floating along and just randomly fell though the map.

He shouldn't have a 60% damage resistance for 30sec like cmon with full elbow pads he already has 80% physical res,77% elemental res..Just add 80% + 60% = 140% if that ain't too much i don't know what is, and just cause a few use him doesn't mean his balance..Anyone can use shadow mist and have 140% damage res lol at this if is fair, other champs don't have this kinda damage resistance so Rook shouldn't have it either..Nerf his ability to 20% for 30secs he already has 80% physical res and 77% elemental resistance, and for whoever mentioned the Turtle his ability only last for 5secs not 30secs..

Quote Originally Posted by xIxWhite-Comet View Post
    He shouldn't have a 60% damage resistance for 30sec like cmon with full elbow pads he already has 80% physical res,77% elemental res..Just add 80% + 60% = 140% if that ain't too much i don't know what is, and just cause a few use him doesn't mean his balance..Anyone can use shadow mist and have 140% damage res lol at this if is fair, other champs don't have this kinda damage resistance so Rook shouldn't have it either..Nerf his ability to 20% for 30secs he already has 80% physical res and 77% elemental resistance, and for whoever mentioned the Turtle his ability only last for 5secs not 30secs..
    Other characters have high resistance buffs. Khan gains 50% damage resistance, 60% energy gen, and 20% damage reflect for 5 seconds. Oddilus, a dps, gains 40% Dam Res and 100% damage reflect for 5 seconds. Leatherhead gains debuff immunity, 100% Dam Res and 50% damage reflect for 5 seconds.

So you might be thinking. "Those are five seconds Rook has 30." Well it's called balancing. Rooks skill doesn't have all the other buffs, plus the biggest difference is all those buffs from Khan, Oddilus, and Leatherhead all can be put on a team mate as well. So which would you rather fight? Khan, Oddilus, and Leatherhead endlessly buff each other, or a rook that can only buff herself?

Lets not forget all the champions that can debuff. Brutus lowers movement speed -10%, -40% attack damage, and -40% skill effectiveness. Kilowatt lowers movement speed -50% and -55% damage resistance. Oddilus lowers movement speed -30%. Leatherhead lowers movement speed -40%. Ace lowers movement speed -50%, -55% damage resistance, and has a skill that makes the enemy not even be able to use a skill. Nexi lowers -60% damage resistance with a healing move that does damage!!! Platimus lowers movement speed -20% and additional-40% movement speed. Rooks debuff is -30% movement speed and -50% damage resistance.

There are so many ways to debuff a rook and so few ways to buff a rook. If anything the 30 seconds just needs to be lowered to 15-20. But it still needs to be higher than the other buffs because those all effect a team mate. It's called character diversity and you need to learn to play.

None of those champs have a permanent buff tied into an escape. The buff itself isn't so much of a problem as is the duration. Matches last 5 minutes and Rook will literally have it up all of those 5 mins. Khan and leatherhead are support tanks so I'm not surprised they have teammate and self buffs, oddilous needs some sort of survivability since he has to get up in your face to do all his damage, all of his abilities are pretty short range including his leap if you don't have the weapon that increases the range.

She has so much utility in 1 skill, a blink, an aoe stun, a teammate heal, and a everlasting self buff. If that's not just a tad bit too much then idk, I guess rook will stay top tier like she did on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    None of those champs have a permanent buff tied into an escape. The buff itself isn't so much of a problem as is the duration. Matches last 5 minutes and Rook will literally have it up all of those 5 mins. Khan and leatherhead are support tanks so I'm not surprised they have teammate and self buffs, oddilous needs some sort of survivability since he has to get up in your face to do all his damage, all of his abilities are pretty short range including his leap if you don't have the weapon that increases the range.

She has so much utility in 1 skill, a blink, an aoe stun, a teammate heal, and a everlasting self buff. If that's not just a tad bit too much then idk, I guess rook will stay top tier like she did on pc.
    Like I said lower the duration. If they lower the 60% buff, it will be too much and she will have no survivability. As for the healing from that. It's worthless. There is absolutely nothing we can do to increase it, and it will only heal 40hp per hit. Max bowling ball has no effect on it what so ever. So it's a blink, small aoe stun, and defense buff. I say small because if you actually play rook you'll notice the stun has a small melee AOE effect around where you were standing, not where you're going. It also leaves it for a second behind you. Making Rook very good at getting away, because they'll either be meleeing her or right behind her and walk into the stun field. As for chasing people, not so good, the -30% movement speed from bolts is either not working at all or is not working at -30%. Because that move barely slows anyone down.

EDIT: Not to mention if someone is going max elbow pads they have to keep in mind they are lowering her own stun and keeping that low health pool. I almost have max elbow pads but decided on using one for max health. And trust me +225 health makes a bigger difference than +10% when you are already at 70%.
    Last edited by 13igTyme; 08-17-2015 at 07:58 PM.

i have to agree with lowering her duration as well. unfortunately that poses a big problem. rooks key feature is her passive that allows her abilities to cooldown faster. ive seen a eook reset her cooldowns on one rotation of skills. wiyh this being a possibility, that means that even reducing the duration to 5 seconds would still be too long as she could rotate back to the res buff within that time frame.

i dont think reducing the duration will fix anything, but unfortunately 13igTyme is also right, rdducing her res buff by a number just decreases her survivability which makes make her not nearly as playable in a team situation. nobody wants to babysit a defense based champ.

i dont think theres an easy answer here guys....

Quote Originally Posted by SirFizzyWo View Post
    i have to agree with lowering her duration as well. unfortunately that poses a big problem. rooks key feature is her passive that allows her abilities to cooldown faster. ive seen a eook reset her cooldowns on one rotation of skills. wiyh this being a possibility, that means that even reducing the duration to 5 seconds would still be too long as she could rotate back to the res buff within that time frame.

i dont think reducing the duration will fix anything, but unfortunately 13igTyme is also right, rdducing her res buff by a number just decreases her survivability which makes make her not nearly as playable in a team situation. nobody wants to babysit a defense based champ.

i dont think theres an easy answer here guys....
    How much survivability do you really need when everyone runs elbow pads and you can already wall off a ton of choke points on any map and just blink through it and leave an aoe stun in your trail. Rook would still be a top pick even if the buff went down to 40%. I don't get a free full set of elbow pads when I dash as ace

but as ace you damage (high damage mind you) and knockback, AND stun....i think your looking at it the wrong way. Ace is support, Rook is defense. It really makes sense tbat she gets a def buff. what if they dont want to run elbow pads on her? then what her def? elbow pads lowers stun duration, thats the trade off.

Id also like to note that her stun says one second but lasts three. The clould lingers for 3 seconds so over all makes the stun last three seconds regardless

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast