Thread: For a game advertised as a MOBA, it doesn't have the traditional MOBA game mode.

For a game advertised as a MOBA, it doesn't have the traditional MOBA game mode.

3 lanes, 2 towers each lane, a spawner on each lane spawning minions, then a thing to defend.

I feel like this game could use this as right now the only game mode worth playing is conquest.

Plunderball is still filled with gliches and lamers who hold the ball to force it into sudden death to farm kills for leaderboards.

Annihilation is just TDM from every game ever.

I just feel like this game needs more modes and a tradition MOBA mode would work wonders as it would force people to choose team comps that work and you'd see people using different builds/champs instead of Rook/Nexi/Khan who I swear are the three most played champs in the game.

Not to mention everyone seems to use a Skill damage/Defense build which gets old after awhile.

It's not a MOBA in that sense but it's still a multiplayer online battle arena, I don't see another genre you can put it under. More game modes are coming in the future but I doubt we'll see a core moba game mode with the lanes and creeps.

Edit: IIRC there was a game mode on smashmuck champions on the PC called siege, it's basically 5v5 with lanes, creeps, and towers and bombs would spawn around the map that you would fight for. Once you have the bomb you can run towards an enemy structure like a turret and do damage to it by suiciding with the bomb.
    Last edited by Ace; 08-17-2015 at 05:49 PM.
    PSN: AaronBanks1

well the big problem currently is there actually are NO skill builds since the Bowling workout doesnt work. the other thing is, they are having problems with the three game modes they have currently, adding more game modes would juat compound their problems i think.

as for those 3 being the most used, its true (i myself being a nexi user) but thats mostly because attack/defense builds are all we can mess with because of problem #1. still though, you will also see alot of odillus, platimus, and ace users as well (though they are mostly in support rolls aside from a few kill stealing platimus players)*caugh*Emomiime*caugh*..... oh excuse me, i dont know what came over me

EDIT:
    @Ace
    they have already said they have a more traditional MOBA mode coming
    Last edited by SirFizzyWo; 08-17-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowxros View Post
    3 lanes, 2 towers each lane, a spawner on each lane spawning minions, then a thing to defend.

I feel like this game could use this as right now the only game mode worth playing is conquest.

Plunderball is still filled with gliches and lamers who hold the ball to force it into sudden death to farm kills for leaderboards.

Annihilation is just TDM from every game ever.

I just feel like this game needs more modes and a tradition MOBA mode would work wonders as it would force people to choose team comps that work and you'd see people using different builds/champs instead of Rook/Nexi/Khan who I swear are the three most played champs in the game.

Not to mention everyone seems to use a Skill damage/Defense build which gets old after awhile.
    Let them hold the ball. You get more points and gold per hour for quick games.

13ig why are you playing the game if you would be content afking for points?

Quote Originally Posted by Wettip View Post
    13ig why are you playing the game if you would be content afking for points?
    How does that make any sense? If my team scores three points in 2 minutes and another team scores two points and spawn camps for 10 minutes, who gets more gold and points per hour? Tell me where in that statement am I "Away from keyboard?"