Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So are we gonna take a look at Girded?

So are we gonna take a look at Girded?

It isn't much of a problem at the moment since not a lot of players know about it but Girded makes you unable to take more than 150 damage in a single non-critical. Stack this with hp or even resistances (obviously not as useful but still) and you become a tank. Once more characters are released, champs that rely on burst and cool downs are gonna get **** on real hard by anyone running girded, leaving only sustained dps characters to slowly widdle down that 3000HP turtle. Maybe this badge should be reworked?
    Last edited by Ace; 08-18-2015 at 12:52 AM.
    PSN: AaronBanks1

since crits can be applied to skills as well as basic attacks, the simplest counter to a girded build is a crit build. crit builds are definately viable, especially on champs like odillus and khan (who get move speed bonuses), as well as ranged champs (like rook, xavilla, and yep, even yurtle). i think as people play and hit 30, answers to these powerful badges are found.

Brutus is also a good crit build, but you really have to run with support or you'll die. But there are other ways to debuff a turtle Crusher with the right build and right skills makes short work of any turtle. Hell even a team of turtles.

Interesting, didn't know skills can also crit. But anyways, now you have to focus on a crit build to deal with 1 badge. Building for certain situations and champs works in LoL or Dota because you can ****yze the situation and build for it quickly in game. This doesn't work in this game cause of pre set load outs, and I have no idea what workouts and badges people are using unless it's something like speed drain. In closed beta for smashmuck, they had an unfinished tab called foot locker which hinted at being able to switch weapons and workout pages in game so hopefully that's implemented but you just can't build for things right now.

Tbh it would be nice to have the badges as in game lvls. Atm me and a friend steamroll most since we are lvl 30s even without using some gamebreaking bs

@Ace
    it may also interest you to know that girded doesnt work with high defense champs. resistances are applied before girded, and most players are doing less than 150 per attack against a high def champ anyhow. you would have to do more than 300 damage to a champ with 50% def just for girded to work. any higher than 50% and the damagae has to be that much higher.

so really girded is meant to be used on champs like xavilla, odillus, and brutus. champs with low hp, and low def so they can make full value of it.

apparently not an edit: haha ****yze

Sir is right. I have my nexi buffed to 210 dmg like most and I still hit around 150 on most. Unless one uses lvl 3 coffees most will have 10+ res. I think the highest base hit without weapons is badges is 140.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFizzyWo View Post
    @Ace
    it may also interest you to know that girded doesnt work with high defense champs. resistances are applied before girded, and most players are doing less than 150 per attack against a high def champ anyhow. you would have to do more than 300 damage to a champ with 50% def just for girded to work. any higher than 50% and the damagae has to be that much higher.

so really girded is meant to be used on champs like xavilla, odillus, and brutus. champs with low hp, and low def so they can make full value of it.
    I don't even know what you're getting at here. Obviously girded is not as useful on champs with high base resistances, that's stating the obvious, but it still works. If I'm sitting at around 70% resistances with khan and I get hit by resistance debuffs, I'll be around 20% resistances and get melted. Girded does not allow that to happen.

Well yes you are a tank as khan. Why would you not want to be hard to kill lol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast