Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So are we gonna take a look at Girded?

Girded is extremely strong, period. It's enough to make Kilwatts 1k static blast lowered into 150 damage.

I wouldn't be surprised if they raised it to 250 in attempt to try to balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wettip View Post
    Well yes you are a tank as khan. Why would you not want to be hard to kill lol?
    What? When did I say that? I gave an explanation as to why girded is good on any champ because most likely you're gonna get debuffed a couple of times a game and that does not mean anything when you have girded.
    PSN: AaronBanks1

This is how I think of it: With girded, you don't necessarily need to worry about your resistances. If your resistance to both physical and elemental is 0%, you still only take 150 damage from non critical hits. Take a look at punching bags: -20% physical and elemental resistance for +10% attack speed. If you're running girded, you could take advantage of punching bags and go for a character that benefits from a higher attack speed. IMO, one such champion is xavilla. Each of her(?) basic attacks that land on an enemy also explode and damage all other enemies within 6 units. So, the higher her attack speed, the more dps. To handle crits, just get as much health as possible and use the bubbles badge. Clearly this isn't the most useful build in the world. But it's just an example of how I think girded could be used effectively.

In the case of Xavilla, I think she makes a much better support character running the Crusher and Heavy Suit/Speed Drain badges.

EDIT: With both Xavilla's spirit dance and girded, practically half of the debuffs in the game wouldn't matter to her.
    Last edited by J_MTN; 08-18-2015 at 02:55 PM.

@Ace
    okay....maybe different maths will help.

high defense chars like khan for example. khan has almost. 100% res with 5 elbow pads. for the sake of argument lets say 80%. 80% means that on a standard hit (lets say 150 damage) against the khan, he takes 30 damage. no need for girded.

now lets hit that same khan with a debuff. lets say 50%. khan now takes (from the same attack) 105 damage. again, no need for girded.

now lets say the average skill does roughly 400 damage 1 time per use.

that reduces regular damage from the skill (khan not debuffed) to 80 damage. once again, girded not needed.

now for the debuffed khan. damage taken is now 280, which is then reduced by girded to 150. finally, girded is used. now apply these maths to your actual character to find out exactly how useful girded is.

i would say its situational at worst (which is still good, but far from OP), and at best its used with a champ running hp ups over elbow pads.

edit: for clarification girded wont do anything to prevent DoTs as they do lower than 150 damage per second which is why i didnt use it as the example damage skill.

2nd edit: the more i play, the more im pretty sure debuffs dont stack and it just uses the largest/most recent debuff used against you as a damage modifier. the same is true of damage buffs i think, though thats untested.
    Last edited by SirFizzyWo; 08-18-2015 at 03:39 PM.

I agree with the idea that girded is more useful with HP increasing workouts as opposed to resistance increasing workouts. The math is there.. Yes, it's real.

Next, and I'm sorry to take this a tad off topic.. I'm not sure to be disappointed or glad that debuffs don't stack. I just assumed they did for some reason. I guess it's a good thing. I'll just make sure to be extra careful the next time I go to debuff someone.

@J_MTN
    i want to point out i cant quite prove this (the second edit), its a theory ive been trying to fully test, but its true at least from what i have experienced. it also makes sense from a gameplay perspective with so many different characters able to debuff and also explains why most debuffs are AoE.
    Last edited by SirFizzyWo; 08-18-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFizzyWo View Post
    @J_MTN
    i want to point out i cant quite prove this (the second edit), its a theory ive been trying to fully test, but its true at least from what i have experienced. it also makes sense from a gameplay perspective with so many different characters able to debuff and also explains why most debuffs are AoE.
    Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I'll see if I can possibly test it at all. If I come up with something substantial I'll start a new thread a post a video or something. It seems like a pretty important mechanic to know everything about.

a long time ago......
    in a thread far far away.....
    people were on topic lol
    its mostly my fault so sorry about that :-/

@J_MTN
    ill be online in a bit if you want help testi.g debuffs. i also need to test hex at this point.

This thread had many good ****yzers in here, all working together to ****yze some balance. It's a very good ****ysis you've all worked up to......

****yze.

Sorry it had to be done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12