Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something needs to be done about the ball holders in plunderball.

Something needs to be done about the ball holders in plunderball.

The ones who refuse to score, just to farm kills instead of winning the match. It's made that game unplayable if you encounter these types which is fairly often.

These types usually are the ones who take the ball into the spawn areas as well.

Maybe make it so if you hold the ball too long your health drains or something, either way, something to stop these people from turning plunderball into annihilation.

Come to conquest. I have no competition. Plus you can't hold or do **** to make the game last longer

i think the balls should auto return themselves after 3 minutes no matter whether they are being carried or not. clock starts as soon as someone picks up the ball and resets when its returned.
    Last edited by SirFizzyWo; 08-18-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFizzyWo View Post
    i think the balls should auto return themselves after 3 minutes no matter whether they are being carried or not. clock starts as soon as someone picks up the ball and resets when its returned.
    That only means they will need to get it 4 times. Making the rest of the game better will stop people from doing a pointless grind just for the kc

@Wettip
    im not really sure what you mean so maybe im misunderstanding, but wouldnt mine eliminate people who hold th ball just for kills? worst case scenario someone from the opposite team grabs the ball and brings it back to base as their ball timer runs out?

in my scenario, the ball always returns after 3 minutes regardless of whether its passed to a different teammate or not.

like i said, maybe im misunderstanding.

edit: im not disagreeing with you, im just offering the best solution i can think of right now

Quote Originally Posted by SirFizzyWo View Post
    @Wettip
    im not really sure what you mean so maybe im misunderstanding, but wouldnt mine eliminate people who hold th ball just for kills? worst case scenario someone from the opposite team grabs the ball and brings it back to base as their ball timer runs out?

in my scenario, the ball always returns after 3 minutes regardless of whether its passed to a different teammate or not.

like i said, maybe im misunderstanding.

edit: im not disagreeing with you, im just offering the best solution i can think of right now
    I haven't played much plunderball, but there's a game timer of 10 minutes I think. If the ball is set for 3 minutes then gets reset they just have to go get the ball again. That's like putting a bandaid on a staph infection. The problem is people not caring about the game enough to play the game mode. Taking sudden death out and giving no point for ties would also work and a little better imo

@Wettip
    oh ok i get what youre saying. alot of the problem in plunderball stems from the enemy team holding the ball all match and hiding in their respawn. give the ball a timer, and you cant hide it indefinately as they have been doing. also putting a timer on the ball helps add emphasis that it needs to e taken care of urgently.

i agree that your method might work as well, but i think removing sudden death from players who play legitimately only punishes them. they get less of a chance to make a come back for their team, and the feeling of success when a team really functions well in a clutch moment is removed.
    Last edited by SirFizzyWo; 08-18-2015 at 04:37 PM.

True about my idea. Though the same can be said for the timer. Fighting for 3 minutes only to barely make the point to noticed you didn't it only returned to their base.
    Meh tbh I'd like to see more people on conquest. I got rank 2 and am working on catching rank 1 ( he had double the points I had we I got to rank 2 ) but it's kinda boring since most play plunderball or annihilation. Or at least the higher lvls do seeing as how those scores are so much higher than that of the top conquest players

@Wettip
    yeah its true. you could be right about my idea as well :-/

....well at least i tried? nope. still a failure lol.

quick aside: i actually like conquest, but i really feel like most of these game modes are just place holder modes. something for us to do until they release the bigger game modes. i dont think ill play any of the current 3 modes once they release a lanes mode.

Ah you're an old school moba player. I really hope they don't take these out and replace them with lanes. They are the only reason I even tried this. I may try others after this but the lane and minion or creep bs turned me off. Wish dota lol or smite would get a conquest type game mode. I play the hell outta it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast