Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ninjette Shadow Stalker Passive (T's & O's)

Quote Originally Posted by SirFizzyWo View Post
    @13igTyme
    i want to point out that 450 is still close to 600, and in terms of damage res most champs are only 2 to 6% (could be off by a few percent) different in elemental res vs phys res. why we even have two types of res when the numbers are so close is kinda of silly to me. theres only two workouts that effect those numbers, and it effects BOTH numbers in equal amounts. just strange to me. but i digress....

either way, i think you are missing the point. the point is all of those characters have some sort of sustain compared to her, and all also do relatively high damage.
    When it comes to damage numbers for any MMO, RPG, MOBA, ect. 450 is not close to 600. 450 is 75% as effective as 600. I'm not saying she is balance, not at all. But 600 is still the highest attack in the game right now. Only two champions can do that. Rook in a 1v1 and Ninjette in an AOE cone.

@13igTyme
    ok. i guess i can see your point, but factoring in cooldowns and energy costs her 600 just doesnt stack with other champs. either way, this isnt the discussion. we are discussing damage vs long term survivability.

damage does you zero good if you cant live to deliver it OR deliver it effectively (just like the aforementioned MMO's, RPG's, MOBA's, etc.) which she (thanks to shadows confirmation) cant do in a viable fashion.

with girded being a current top tier meta badge, a guaranteed critical skill attack evens the odds and forces a possible change in meta. if she still wants to be a girded counter, she has to build (relatively) full crit, something already being done by other champs (and more effectively within reason thanks to higher survivability).

i personally dont think she needs a HP buff or any such fix, i think she just needs to have her passive changed to effect her skills (unless, of course, skills ARENT meant to crit in the first place, in which case we just need to see other skills made to not crit)
    Last edited by SirFizzyWo; 08-26-2015 at 09:48 PM.

I Honestly think the bigger issue is that you can get knocked out of invisibility by anything. I've put a dot on a ninjette and watch the first tick of damage bring them out of stealth. You can get knocked out with an AOE cone attack, a random attack, etc.

@13igTyme
    that is a true point that i also wanted to bring up. i can definately agree with you on that, but it was something i was saving for another topic dedicated to stealth as a whole, and not just how it applies to Ninjette, but to all champs across the board.

still, i would like a devs opinion on the current topic of whether skills are intended to crit, and why her skills are left out of the passive if they are intended to crit. (IF they deem this topic worthy enough that is)

@13igTyme
    that is a true point that i also wanted to bring up. i can definately agree with you on that, but it was something i was saving for another topic dedicated to stealth as a whole, and not just how it applies to Ninjette, but to all champs across the board.

still, i would like a devs opinion on the current topic of whether skills are intended to crit, and why her skills are left out of the passive if they are intended to crit. (IF they deem this topic worthy enough that is)
    Like I said, Devs don't make games where skill don't crit. Why have crit chance and crit damage? Girded would be OP as hell if skills didn't crit.

@13igTyme
    well i would normally agree with you on that except i was informed today that most MOBA's actually DO NOT feature skills that crit (based on crit chance), and while this isnt a "traditional" MOBA, it IS a MOBA.

as for girded being OP, this is kind of my point in a round about way. Girded is the exact reason why i believe her passive should indeed effect her skills, and if it doesnt, then i believe all skills should be disallowed to crit and then we can have a discussion about Girded. As of now people are using crit skills to counter Girded, BUT THATS THE ONLY METHOD and this shouldnt be the case.

Ninjette has the potential to be an assurance as to how to deal with Girded, something that even a new(ish) player can pick up and do so that LvL 30 players arent just wiping the floor with brand new players. Leaving her squishy is fine, but let her have full potential.

edit: i just want to note that i use caps to denote emphasis, not yell. this is just a friendly discussion and i dont want anyone to think otherwise.

Imagine a ninjette with bowling and a guaranteed crit on her skills. 2400 damage from a single ability and she just came out of stealth? No thanks, and machine gun beats girded, but machine gun beats anything really.
    PSN: AaronBanks1

@Ace
    yes. this is exactly my point. imagine that against an enemy with 50% reduction. 1200 damage (less if they have more defense), enough to actually damage a tank WITHOUT Machine Gun. Thats the key here. She does damage to the tank and maybe another tank or a group of tanks. the casters are still safe behind the tanks, or if she gets behind the tanks, she could possibly one shot the casters. it forces players to make decisions about playstyle. Now you have to wonder if you need someone on your team with the ability to see stealthed enemies easier. it helps bring team diversity, which is one of this player bases biggest complaints.

like i said, i just cant help but wonder about the possibilities it COULD bring. maybe im wrong, maybe it would lead to unhealthy gameplay. i dont think it would, but im just one guy thinking this, and it seems im alone in this thought, so maybe im wrong.

@13igTyme
    well i would normally agree with you on that except i was informed today that most MOBA's actually DO NOT feature skills that crit (based on crit chance), and while this isnt a "traditional" MOBA, it IS a MOBA.

as for girded being OP, this is kind of my point in a round about way. Girded is the exact reason why i believe her passive should indeed effect her skills, and if it doesnt, then i believe all skills should be disallowed to crit and then we can have a discussion about Girded. As of now people are using crit skills to counter Girded, BUT THATS THE ONLY METHOD and this shouldnt be the case.

Ninjette has the potential to be an assurance as to how to deal with Girded, something that even a new(ish) player can pick up and do so that LvL 30 players arent just wiping the floor with brand new players. Leaving her squishy is fine, but let her have full potential.

edit: i just want to note that i use caps to denote emphasis, not yell. this is just a friendly discussion and i dont want anyone to think otherwise.
    If traditional MOBA games don't have skill criting, then I don't see the point in any crit change or damage. The basic attack will never be strong enough to kill someone, unless you use machine gun as mentioned. Plus even if you wanted to max out her basic attack with chin ups you'd be lowering her health even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 13igTyme View Post
    But 600 is still the highest attack in the game right now. Only two champions can do that. Rook in a 1v1 and Ninjette in an AOE cone.
    I'd have to disagree. Take a look at Rending Claws. -80 Elemental Damage every second for ten seconds. That's -800! Then add on the initial 100 physical damage for a net 900 damage!

900 net damage potential at the cost of a mere 200 energy and 8 seconds of cool down.

That is 4.5 damage per energy spent. Nearly double that of any other attack in the game.

You may argue that it's just DoT. But the thing is, DoT is still damage, and it doesn't stop until all damage has been dealt. And of course, im not taking into account resistances.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast