Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I worked up my coins to get a new character...

So I worked up my coins to get a new character...

I'm not playing as often as 9/10 of this forum crew lol but I have to say that I love Leatherhead. I first tested him out on a day he was free to try and had to play him for the daily challenge. I fell instantly in love lol. I'm only level 17 ATM, (yes, I'm a very casual player, I have like 2 other online games I play ATM, along with work, so balancing all of this is pretty hard lol) but I'm thinking of making him my main.

Long story short, anyone got advice for a good starter build for leveling? ATM I'm plugging energy regen and resist, having decided on badges or attack workouts yet (most of my coins were already used on Brutus, so I haven't filled out my workouts in turtle yet.)

Hi there, Hellblades. Glad to hear you found a character that you really enjoy playing. Leathered has a quite few things going for him: Naturally high resistances, good CC, and decent damage output. He falls short in the energy category. His skills cost quite a bit and his starting energy is pretty low.

For your strength workouts, I'd recommend you leave his Attack Damage where it is and increase his skill damage. Not sure if bowling is working 100% or not. If it isn't then go for attack damage.

I'd use extra batteries to raise his max energy in the endurance slots. maybe 2 elbow pads would also be good here.

For cosmetic, go for energy regen.

Not a leathered player lol.. just a few of my thoughts on how I would start building him. Hope it helps.

I appreciate all the help I can get. Yeah I've read that bowling may not be working right so that's why I saved att for last. I didn't see attack speed helping too much, and he's not a big crit char (though I'm sure you could make him one, there's others much more suited for it), so I was wondering if I should do skill dmg or att dmg.

I have to say though, It makes me laugh when I can hold down a point in conquest and stall 2-3 ppl (even if I can't kill all of them) so my team can take the other points. Sad that doesn't really get score, unless you keep taking the points back, but its so satisfying. (Also, see kiting players too gullible to follow you and not focus on the actual objective)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblades View Post
    I appreciate all the help I can get. Yeah I've read that bowling may not be working right so that's why I saved att for last. I didn't see attack speed helping too much, and he's not a big crit char (though I'm sure you could make him one, there's others much more suited for it), so I was wondering if I should do skill dmg or att dmg.

I have to say though, It makes me laugh when I can hold down a point in conquest and stall 2-3 ppl (even if I can't kill all of them) so my team can take the other points. Sad that doesn't really get score, unless you keep taking the points back, but its so satisfying. (Also, see kiting players too gullible to follow you and not focus on the actual objective)
    Yeah, I just haven't needed bowling, so I haven't tested it to see to what extent it is broken.

He's definitely not quite suited for a crit build. Although, running critical power and juicing up his crit chance would probably be funny as hell. And you're right, attack speed doesn't help him much either. Personally, since you're already playing such a supportive role for your team, I'd consider looking at crusher as a badge to run with. I enjoy it.

True, you don't get points for holding down the fort, but you do help your team win more easily. And yes, many people fall for kiting.

Let me know how your build turns out. I'm interested to hear how it goes once you're level 30. If you'd like, you could type something up explaining the workouts you use and the most effective way to play him, and I could add it to leatherhead's page on the wiki as a community build. We don't have one for him yet!

That'd be cool. I'll have to see if I can be the first =P

Ty for all the detailed replies. Glad to see I've got a good general idea of how to build him. And you're right, making a crit build on him would probably be hilarious XD

Yeah, you've got some good ideas going on.

Just post back here if you have any other cool thoughts on your build that you want to share. Once you feel like it is close to complete, just let me know and I'll organize with you to get the build so I can post it.

ps You'll probably be the first.

EDIT Here is a link to my Xavilla build that is on the Wiki. You can definitely do your own thing if you llike, but this may give you some ideas on what to think about.
    Last edited by J_MTN; 09-04-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Well, level 21 now. (Ty free chips for boosts lol)

Thus far I decided to go with the Boost Healing badge, and popped a couple of attack speed (though this is just temporary, playing around with the idea) and gonna do attack power when I hit 22 for the tier 3 workouts probably. No cosmetic badge really fits my build yet so I'm saving coins for now lol.

I'm hoping for a near limitless energy build, if you couldn't tell. Those attack speed are probably going to change if they don't contribute as much as I'm hoping for, but we'll see how things play out.

Right now my bane is probably kilowatt, and nexi. Those two usually take me down before my stall tactics can actually affect their team >.> I don't see many xavilla's and the few I've seen have been pretty bad. Probably bots or people testing her out on free cycle.

Well, tier 2 sports drink is pretty good. It'll increase your stun and move speed debuffs. I'm using five of them on my Minos build atm. XD
    Look at using Witchcraft once you unlock it. Its one of the tier 3 strength badges it increases debuff duration by 50%.

I feel you. They both hit hard with the right workouts behind them.

I mainly play Xavilla as a support champion. She's only good if she's got the workouts to support her.

I had posted just a moment ago about looking up the badge and workout info on the wiki, and in trying to EDIT the post that I'd found it, my phone just hit delete post no matter how far down I hit below the delete button. So there that is.

But yeah, I think I might use the list to make a theoretic build, then try it and get back to you on that lol

Glad you found the training page. Good to know someone other than just me is using it! Honestly, one of my main inspirations for finishing the page was not having to log on to look at badges and workouts for my builds.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about the formatting? Like, are you having trouble reading because there is so much information all in one place? I know that on mobile its kind of messed up right now. Not sure what's up with that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast