Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: So I worked up my coins to get a new character...

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bop Barker View Post
    I'm not even talking about it being counterable, that has nothing to do with the bug. I'm talking about how it is not working the same as what the text is so LH is not supposed to heal 50% of the damage done to him and not reflect 50% of the damage. LH is supposed to take 50% of the damage and reflect 50% of the damage to the attacker. That is all I'm saying.

    If you want to get down to counterable things, Machine Gun was counterable by running away from the guy and letting it run out. Was machine gun a bug that made the badge broken? Yes it was and it was fixed. The same as Mobile Fortress should be fixed because instead of taking 50% of the damage, he heals for 50% of the damage. If you take advantage of this knowing how it's currently working you are abusing the broken mechanic of the game. There is no argument here it is just a fact. Just takes a little bit of intelligence to read what it says and be able to notice that it is doing something completely different.
    *sighes* ...I would like to kindly ask that you two take your argument out of this thread, if you two are just going to bicker.

    I am not saying that the healing shouldn't be changed (or the text being changed to match the current effect, maybe), and on the case of Platimus, I think his attack SHOULD penetrate resistance. And I think it should say so, yes, but hidden effects are COMMONPLACE in games.

    Case in point, Rook's Shadow Mist, as I said in the previous comment, DRAINS ENERGY, which it clearly does not say on the description. Which isn't a bad thing, it's actually quite nice a defense for Rook. If it was a guaranteed win, then I would say yes, that's abuse. If the developer thinks it's NOT how they intended it, then yes it should be fixed.

    HOWEVER! The former is certianly not the case with either Platimus OR Leatherhead, and "not using the character cause it's abuse if you do" is a pretty flimsy argument. If the devs think these traits should be fixed, bring it up to them (which it has been if it's in the bugs), let THEM decide if it needs to be fixed or not, and leave it at that. Though, I admit it'd be nice to let US know about these hidden effects, that's why they are HIDDEN. =3

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblades View Post
    *sighes* ...I would like to kindly ask that you two take your argument out of this thread, if you two are just going to bicker.

    I am not saying that the healing shouldn't be changed (or the text being changed to match the current effect, maybe), and on the case of Platimus, I think his attack SHOULD penetrate resistance. And I think it should say so, yes, but hidden effects are COMMONPLACE in games.

    Case in point, Rook's Shadow Mist, as I said in the previous comment, DRAINS ENERGY, which it clearly does not say on the description. Which isn't a bad thing, it's actually quite nice a defense for Rook. If it was a guaranteed win, then I would say yes, that's abuse. If the developer thinks it's NOT how they intended it, then yes it should be fixed.

    HOWEVER! The former is certianly not the case with either Platimus OR Leatherhead, and "not using the character cause it's abuse if you do" is a pretty flimsy argument. If the devs think these traits should be fixed, bring it up to them (which it has been if it's in the bugs), let THEM decide if it needs to be fixed or not, and leave it at that. Though, I admit it'd be nice to let US know about these hidden effects, that's why they are HIDDEN. =3
    This guy has a level head on his shoulders

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishpaste777 View Post
    This guy has a level head on his shoulders
    Ty, I try =3 Though, if you ask my friends I can have quite the fiery temper.

    I've just noticed that a lot of the charactors DO have hidden effects, I mean I haven't found one on Brutus or Kilowatt, (And I haven't played much of Khan/Nexi/Ninjette/Minos/Ace), but I do know that:

    Platimus's Rainbow Blast ignores all resistence (or at least Resist Buffs, I'm not sure if it's total % ignore, need to test it someone!)

    Rook's Shadow Mist absorbs enemy energy (though I don't think it heals Rook's energy, I think it's just a depletion)

    and one of Sprout's attacks (I'm assuming the spore one, have to relook at his skill list) erases ALL buffs on the target. So basically, Dispell from FF.

    None of these effects are listed, but they're there. I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters had some hidden effect on at least one of their skills. Either that or it's all one big happy oopsie on the coding end. Which, I could accept for Platimus' attack (Basically forget to add the - enemy def in the algorithms, or something along those lines), but the other 2 would make NO sense why they would do that unless it was intentional... And that's at least 3 major coincidences. 4 if you count Leatherhead healing from attack during Mobile Fortress (which could be why he takes 0 damage during it, since if it damaged him AND healed him it would be silly. Also could explain the 1% increase to Resist, if you're taking 0 damage anyway why give +30-50%?)

    But that's just my thoughts on the whole thing. Funny how I made this for Build advice and what it's turned into XD
    Thanks again to J_Mtn btw.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblades View Post
    Ty, I try =3 Though, if you ask my friends I can have quite the fiery temper.

    I've just noticed that a lot of the charactors DO have hidden effects, I mean I haven't found one on Brutus or Kilowatt, (And I haven't played much of Khan/Nexi/Ninjette/Minos/Ace), but I do know that:

    Platimus's Rainbow Blast ignores all resistence (or at least Resist Buffs, I'm not sure if it's total % ignore, need to test it someone!)

    Rook's Shadow Mist absorbs enemy energy (though I don't think it heals Rook's energy, I think it's just a depletion)

    and one of Sprout's attacks (I'm assuming the spore one, have to relook at his skill list) erases ALL buffs on the target. So basically, Dispell from FF.

    None of these effects are listed, but they're there. I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters had some hidden effect on at least one of their skills. Either that or it's all one big happy oopsie on the coding end. Which, I could accept for Platimus' attack (Basically forget to add the - enemy def in the algorithms, or something along those lines), but the other 2 would make NO sense why they would do that unless it was intentional... And that's at least 3 major coincidences. 4 if you count Leatherhead healing from attack during Mobile Fortress (which could be why he takes 0 damage during it, since if it damaged him AND healed him it would be silly. Also could explain the 1% increase to Resist, if you're taking 0 damage anyway why give +30-50%?)

    But that's just my thoughts on the whole thing. Funny how I made this for Build advice and what it's turned into XD
    Thanks again to J_Mtn btw.
    Woah, this thread took a turn while I was gone! Yeah, the build is fun. No other way to put it. Just annoy the **** out of people for plenty of laughs all day long.

    As for what Bop Barker is saying, I don't know any of those things to be true. I don't think mobile fortress heals at all. At least, I haven't noticed it from my experiences testing it in the practice arena. It would be more beneficial if you shared to us how you tested it and your exact results.

    I have no clue about rainbow blast. Wouldn't be surprised if it was broken, though. XD

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by J_MTN View Post
    Woah, this thread took a turn while I was gone! Yeah, the build is fun. No other way to put it. Just annoy the **** out of people for plenty of laughs all day long.

    As for what Bop Barker is saying, I don't know any of those things to be true. I don't think mobile fortress heals at all. At least, I haven't noticed it from my experiences testing it in the practice arena. It would be more beneficial if you shared to us how you tested it and your exact results.

    I have no clue about rainbow blast. Wouldn't be surprised if it was broken, though. XD
    Yeah, I plan on attempting to post a video showing my results with this. I would have now but my internet is shoddy atm from posting a different video >.> Hence I lagged to hell and back in places lol. But from what I see, Mobile Fotress does in fact heal. Cause from what I can tell you have no HP regen inside of battle, but yet I clearly heal while I'm being fought. Usually it's only 3-15 a tick, but it seems to tick when I'm getting hit. Like I said, I'll get you guys a video after work and when my net clears up lol

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblades View Post
    Yeah, I plan on attempting to post a video showing my results with this. I would have now but my internet is shoddy atm from posting a different video >.> Hence I lagged to hell and back in places lol. But from what I see, Mobile Fotress does in fact heal. Cause from what I can tell you have no HP regen inside of battle, but yet I clearly heal while I'm being fought. Usually it's only 3-15 a tick, but it seems to tick when I'm getting hit. Like I said, I'll get you guys a video after work and when my net clears up lol
    That's interesting. I've never noticed it before. and since we're on the subject of crazy heals and sustainability, I fought a sprout today that was soo hard to bring down. Must have stacked a ton of bowling. His healing move was healing him ridiculously fast. He'd just throw it down and stand on it when he was near death. It took at least two of us to kill him. Usually we'd drag the fight on long enough to drain his energy. The other person playing with me was an ace. Whenever sprout would try to stand in the grass, he would push him out of it. Just goes to show that teamwork beats all.

  7. #37
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZNNOh1izOc

    Here's the link to the video I made showing the Mobile Fortress heals. Plus, I showed my Build for you to see =P But yeah.

    Also, yeah a good team owns any single person. If not, then they may want to change their tactics. Biggest hurt to my build is ignoring me. Cause if you're not attacking me, my mobile fortress isn't helping me at all XD

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblades View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZNNOh1izOc

    Here's the link to the video I made showing the Mobile Fortress heals. Plus, I showed my Build for you to see =P But yeah.

    Also, yeah a good team owns any single person. If not, then they may want to change their tactics. Biggest hurt to my build is ignoring me. Cause if you're not attacking me, my mobile fortress isn't helping me at all XD
    Nice gameplay! You're right, there is definitely some healing going on. In some instances, you are refreshing the HoT that is gained from Khan's Battle Plan. However, It does appear that healing is still present even when Khan's Battle Plan is not in effect.

    From what I can tell, the healing isn't much at all. I don't think it should be considered a balance issue whether it was intended or not. Leatherhead is super tanky, yes. But his abilities cost a ton and his damage output is not very great at all. All he has going for him is his stuns, honestly. A Tanky character with high zoning potential fills the classic MOBA support role beautifully.

    Sure, Mobile Fortress may need to be tweaked slightly. IMO, it is a tad too strong atm. But it doesn't take away from the game too much right now, anyways.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by J_MTN View Post
    Nice gameplay! You're right, there is definitely some healing going on. In some instances, you are refreshing the HoT that is gained from Khan's Battle Plan. However, It does appear that healing is still present even when Khan's Battle Plan is not in effect.

    From what I can tell, the healing isn't much at all. I don't think it should be considered a balance issue whether it was intended or not. Leatherhead is super tanky, yes. But his abilities cost a ton and his damage output is not very great at all. All he has going for him is his stuns, honestly. A Tanky character with high zoning potential fills the classic MOBA support role beautifully.

    Sure, Mobile Fortress may need to be tweaked slightly. IMO, it is a tad too strong atm. But it doesn't take away from the game too much right now, anyways.
    I had a feeling that 50 heal was from the Khan (Which I think I mentioned in the video when I saw the 50s), but the 4-12 appears to be from me getting hit. It's really not alot, but given you don't heal in battle, it's a great life saver. Had a round of Plunderball today actually that I was in 10% HP and out of energy with the ball, barely survived to get a Energy pick up and poped Mobile Fortress, ended up not only surviving since the Khans chasing me weren't avoiding my attacks (One I know was a player, the other may have been a bot), but ended up killing one of them cause the Xavilla on the team came by and wrecked him while he was beating on me lol. Think it was a bot too, which is funny cause Bot Xavillas are usually terrible, and the Khan was the player one. >.> I think he was thinking he could outheal a DPS + a tank with his Salvage strike.

    Oh and off topic I noticed you don't have a Kilowatt build on the wiki and that's the next one I plan on trying out, going max DPS + Healing for support =3 Lots of energy so I can always pop the healing move and my uber attack lol

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblades View Post
    Oh and off topic I noticed you don't have a Kilowatt build on the wiki and that's the next one I plan on trying out, going max DPS + Healing for support =3 Lots of energy so I can always pop the healing move and my uber attack lol
    Kilowatt is my main. He's fantastic. I run a mixture of tier 2 & 3 bowling, tier 2 & 3 elbow pads, and tier 2 energy regen. Kilowatt can carry games as well as support his team.

    Enjoy playing!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •