Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 1st Ever TGT Community Tournament! Sign Up Today!

GG everyone congrats to all who participated. Really enjoyed playing some pretty tough teams.

Thanks for playing everyone my team and I had a ton of fun even though we got wrecked lol anyways congrats to Ambition for winning!!!

After watching videos of matches and testing stuff out can somebody please explain to me how rainbow blast, restraining bolt, and static blast can get through mobile fortress but fire stomp, stone form 2nd ability, and dark bolts can't get through mobile fortress? There were some serious unbalancing issues brought to light in this tournament, but after people saw in the first match how unbalanced this game is, they completely stopped watching the entire tournament. Honestly, this tournament hurt this games popularity more than helping it. It was a disaster and if Kiz Studios had been watching, they probably would have shut it down! I will be proving on every one of my streams all of the unbalanced issues in the game and I will be dedicating my stream time to testing out every single thing in this game.

It was a great time. Made me realize how competitive this game can really be. I'm looking forward to what is in store for tgt and am ready to build a team for the next one

after running some more tests, Platimus should not have been allowed in this tournament. His rainbow blast completely ignores all resistances no matter what buff, workouts, everything. At full bowling balls his rainbow blast should hit for 880 against something with no elemental resistance. now going up against a leatherhead with 77% elemental resistance rainbow blast still hits for 880 damage. now leatherhead uses mobile fortress rainbow blast still hits the leatherhead for 880 damage. The first place and second place team took advantage of a broken mechanic in this tournament to win. I will be posting a full video tomorrow on how broken this is and why neither team should be rewarded for exploiting.

What about the third place team lol

Hello there Bop Emomiime here! First off I would like to apologize that the Platimus bug has negatively affected the tournament. I wanted this tournament to be a match up of skillful players versing each other rather than a bug deciding the wins and losses of the tournament. However, this bug was completely unknown to me until after the tournament had occurred. No where in the forums did any one post this as a problem before or during the tournament. If this bug with Platimus' Rainbow Blast would've been known before/during the tournament, then Platimus would have been banned in this tournament. However, since this is not the case, Platimus was legal.

I can most definitely understand your frustration, but you didn't even know about this bug until after the tournament had occured and then state that Platimus should not have been allowed in the tournament. Again, no one knew/addressed this bug so you know what they say "Hind sight is always 20/20" or if you look into the past as of the present, it is glaring obvious that Platimus should have been banned, but you didn't have this knowledge in the past as neither did I so Platimus was allowed.

Again, I am sorry and while this is very frustrating for both you and me, the tournament still happened and the winners will still be allowed to get their prizes. They were not exploiting because they used Platimus. Exploiting is when you know of a bug and then use it to your advantage. Due to the fact no one before or even when I talked to them during the tournament, knew how Platimus did so much damage. Everyone thought that his scaling is just very high (third highest in the game behind ninjette and Leatherhead). Since they had no knowledge of this bug, they were not taking advantage or exploiting, but simply playing Platimus.

Now of course this is a major problem that led to bugs controlling the wins and losses, but that is also why the tournament was set up the way it was, to try and counter act problems like this. With best 2/3 that means at the bare minimum two matches are player rather than one. This means you can see what your opponents play and ****yze which champion is a major threat and some one you should ban for the next game. If you saw Platimus as a problem, you had the opportunity to ban Platimus or change your team comp to work around this. Of course this system is not perfect, but it does help!

Here is a suggestion for the entire community. Right now the game is plagued with bugs, but also the bug report forum has a problem itself. So many people have posted the same types of bugs over and over. As a community, we need to make a new and updated post that encompasses all bugs that are currently effecting the game. I will be making a new bug post for all known bugs, as well as ways to trigger these bugs. It is nice to know there is a bug, but better to know what triggers the bug so that the devs can fix the bug easier. I am very sincerely sorry that the tournament ended up this way, but simply this was just an unknown problem that has occurred. Let's hunt down these bugs and fix our game!

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Barker View Post
    after running some more tests, Platimus should not have been allowed in this tournament. His rainbow blast completely ignores all resistances no matter what buff, workouts, everything. At full bowling balls his rainbow blast should hit for 880 against something with no elemental resistance. now going up against a leatherhead with 77% elemental resistance rainbow blast still hits for 880 damage. now leatherhead uses mobile fortress rainbow blast still hits the leatherhead for 880 damage. The first place and second place team took advantage of a broken mechanic in this tournament to win. I will be posting a full video tomorrow on how broken this is and why neither team should be rewarded for exploiting.
    Every team, except first place team, banned my plat after the first match lol. The first place team adapted and ran girded and continued to ban our kilo.

I honestly didnt know it was bugged out because I run crusher and our nexi was making good use of his resist debuff. And we banned leatherhead a lot.

Should have ran with no bans so you could see the brokenness, not trying to be negative. I love this game and it totes serious potential and I'm sure the fixes will come, but the the fact this is a beta you need to expose every bit of inequality as fast as possible as to some fixes might be easy for coders and developers as some may not. Keep up the good work devs, and let the players remain vocal and patient.

Actually page 3 of this thread Fishpaste said that Platimus is broken and you conveniently didn't look into it then or see it doing your detective like search on the forums. Saying that they didn't know about it is also unacceptable because their entire strategy was built around forcing people to ban Leatherhead so they could use Platimus. Did you even go back and watch the first round? Did you watch While it was live? They cranked their respawn time down so their LH could sit in a corner and make it almost impossible to get to him to even have a chance to try to stun him at the the right fraction of a second to be able to nuke him. We managed to get to him once with three champions that stun after we took out the rest of his team in one swipe, but they were back on us in no time at all even though we were constantly killing them they had almost no respawn timer. So after the rest of the teams saw that and didn't want to deal with them turtling, everybody banned Leatherhead. You know who they played the rest of the time? Platimus? Who won the tournament? The team that cheated and took advantage of the rules. I don't buy that their team didn't know they were taking advantage of it, and your negligence on not looking into Platimus, after somebody stating it was broken, makes your response unacceptable.

I don't even care that we lost. it's just the fact that they built their entire strategy to use a broken character, and it worked and they are getting rewarded for it by Kiz. People that are good at this game are done with it now because of the way you handled this and how a broken mechanic was taken advantage of. This looks so bad on you and in no way was this a competitive tournament. You dropped the ball hard and will not accept that this was a flop and should have been shut down. I blame you for letting this happen and I will not participate in anything you are a part of in the future.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast