Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To those of you who say "Speed Drain" as a counter Khan, stop and think.

To those of you who say "Speed Drain" as a counter Khan, stop and think.

I'm not gonna sit here and say speed drain doesn't work when it does.

However, if you are using a badge slot for ONE CHAMP, that is proof that he is unbalanced. You can deny it all you want but when you have to sacrifice a badge slot for a specific champ, that means there is a problem.

I don't exactly know how many other champs get a speed boost via abilities, but I don't think it is many, honestly off the top of my head I can think of none or at least none that are played to the extent of Khan.

One Khan while beatable, requires teamwork which doesn't happen often due to so many "players" being bots or being worse than the bots, which sadly I have seen.

Two or more Khans? Why bother? Why bother playing that game? Sadly I have seen so many 4 Khan teams and it ticks me off quiet frankly. It ticks me off that Kiz hasn't fixed this terribly imbalanced champ and it ticks me off more than instead of actually EARNING a victory, people would rather cheese and lame their way to win.

I'm gonna sound redundant here but I will repeat it. When you have to sacrifice a badge slot just to counter ONE champion, there is a problem.

I had 21 kills and 1 death in plunderball while using ninjette vs 3 khans and a nexi in a solo que game rofl.

Khan has many counters, none of them will ever beat player skill.

Oh, I definitely agree that is an issue. I shouldn't have to use up one slot for one specific champ. But, the world isn't perfect, and that's just how the game is right now. So, I use speed drain.

Khan is tough but not unbeatable guys. Level, player skill. People act like they are entitled to win every match. You win some and loose some. pfft i'm #62 right now all-time in conquest. my win ratio is a joke! Something like 60%. Its how you play the game type that ensures leader board advancement. If all you care about is winning then this isnt the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Fuz View Post
    Khan is tough but not unbeatable guys. Level, player skill. People act like they are entitled to win every match. You win some and loose some. pfft i'm #62 right now all-time in conquest. my win ratio is a joke! Something like 60%. Its how you play the game type that ensures leader board advancement. If all you care about is winning then this isnt the game for you.
    no..... it's definitely possible to care about winning. W/L ratio just hit 90%

Sure, care all you want. But with people crying all over the forums about how a lv30 caged them the whole match or how a leatherhead/khan duo won a plunderball match in 45 seconds, screaming "NERF! NERF!" is not the way to handle it. If anyone is looking for instant gratification they wont find it in this game. Sorry Its Beta how about lets talk about how this game is 90% successful on update 1.07

So first off, I want to point out that Speed Drain is by no means Khan exclusive. Let's look at all the champs that speed drain helps with. Khan (and all champs that get buffed) , Xavilla, Brutus (passive after getting 1 skull... need changed), and Oddilus. And of course spoiler, there are more champions in the future that will be affected. 1 Badge to take care of 4 champs or 1/3 of the champs in the game at the moment. Not bad sir not bad at all.

Speed drain itself is also not bad due to the minor heal that it gives you. I would totally agree with you if it weren't for the fact there are champs in the game that don't need tanky badges in order to be hard to kill (think Rook for example.)

Again, if speed drain stated "stun khan and only khan when he gains a speed buff" I would agree, however, at it stands your statement is just not well thought out.

Yea speed drain is definitely good for more then just a Khan. Khan speed buffs his whole team, and the heal combined with machine gun or an attack speed buff is strong.
    PSN: AaronBanks1

Quote Originally Posted by Emomiime View Post
    Let's look at all the champs that speed drain helps with. Khan (and all champs that get buffed) , Xavilla, Brutus (passive after getting 1 skull... need changed), and Oddilus.
    Let's just focus on the 4 champs you listed, because I very often see Khan only use his speed buff on himself with no one else around.

Khan we've already established has balance issues that could be solved by adjusting skills.

Xavilla, I'm gonna be honest I think I've only seen her/him(?) maybe 3 times. All 3 times they were bots.

Brutus, he is so easy to kill, speed drain isn't needed for him. I mean hell Brutus is almost laughable at this point in my eyes, whenever I see one on my team I groan and think "There are far better picks" when I see one on the enemy team.. YAY FREE KILLS

Oddilus, while you see him far more often than Xavilla but not as often as Brutus/Khan. He is very squishy and although he has the damage reflect, most people don't seem to remember/know he has it. I'm not too worried when I see Odd as most can't utilize him that well.

Khan is probably the easiest champ to use and be decent/good with. Nexi is a close 2nd but she isn't at hand here. So putting one badge on for Khan, and maybe the off chance he buffs his team, and 3 champs where they either aren't used as often or are squish squish, it doesn't warrant that badge to be used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast