Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highlight bonuses not delivering properly, the game is incredibly grindy.Moral issues

Highlight bonuses not delivering properly, the game is incredibly grindy.Moral issues

Alright, I'm currently rank #1 in plunderball. I had a total of 5 characters. 2 of them relied on machine/lv 2 punching bags.

With the new update I have to completely grind my way to fix them with new work outs.

I already spent 80k+ coins on them, and since machine gun wasn't what it used to be I had to change everything.

With Nexi, I have to replace her punching bags with lv 3 bowling, and her all star badges with sports drinks. Then I have to replace machine gun with crusher. All of this takes 50k+ coins to fix.

Now, I'm a very patient guy, I have screwed up builds before and wasted 300k+ coins just from experimentation alone.
    But my patience is getting very thin. My Platimus used machine gun too and I don't think I even wanna bother trying to fix him.

I honestly think there should be a way to tell if bowling works on a skill or not. Or what does Hex applies too. These coins take a very long time to get and it feels awful to waste them from experimenting.

I'm not always consistently rewarded by performing the best on my team in Plunderball either. I achieve requirements for highlights all the time and I often times do not get rewarded. Like for example, a lot of times I get the most KOs and most damaged done, but 90% of the time I never get coin highlight bonuses for that.

Considering how grindy the game is, the least I could ask for is a fix for the highlights.

Got a tough to beat Nexi build you like to share since machine gun is pointless now...

Your aggravation doesn't come with the pity of the TGT community. SOOOO you're complaining that you took advantage of a bug and exploited it to your advantage to become #1, BUT NOW, you are going to say the game inst fair for reimbursing you because now you have to re-build your champs?

Did anyone immediately think this when they read it?
    PSN: Teh_Fuz-z

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Fuz View Post
    Your aggravation doesn't come with the pity of the TGT community. SOOOO you're complaining that you took advantage of a bug and exploited it to your advantage to become #1, BUT NOW, you are going to say the game inst fair for reimbursing you because now you have to re-build your champs?

Did anyone immediately think this when they read it?
    Im pretty sure machine gun worked as intended, just a lot of players cant seem to grasp the concept of stun and kill. Or kill at a distance. DONT FEED THE NEXI.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAries View Post
    Im pretty sure machine gun worked as intended, just a lot of players cant seem to grasp the concept of stun and kill. Or kill at a distance. DONT FEED THE NEXI.
    Incorrect, the devs even said that machine gun was not working as intended before the patch during a live stream.

The coin payout is pretty frustrating at times, sometimes it pays out correctly and other times it makes no sense at all or gives out no extras even though you met the requirements it has payed out for previously.

OP, It cost 195k to buy a character and fully tier 3 it and buy a weapon, It's not that hard nor does it take that long to earn that much. If you do the objective instead of farming kills to pad your score you can complete matches in less than 2 minutes. It's rare I have a game go over 2 mins and most of them are 60-75 seconds long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Barker View Post
    Incorrect, the devs even said that machine gun was not working as intended before the patch during a live stream.

The coin payout is pretty frustrating at times, sometimes it pays out correctly and other times it makes no sense at all or gives out no extras even though you met the requirements it has payed out for previously.

OP, It cost 195k to buy a character and fully tier 3 it and buy a weapon, It's not that hard nor does it take that long to earn that much. If you do the objective instead of farming kills to pad your score you can complete matches in less than 2 minutes. It's rare I have a game go over 2 mins and most of them are 60-75 seconds long.
    Cost 195k to fully upgrade a champ? Not everyone. Looks like not all the workouts correspond correctly with various champs, and everyone usually has to make adjustments.

1000 coin per 10min
    6000 per hour
    144000 per day
    195000 per 32 hours.

Now say matches are 5 min exactly
    6000 per half hour
    144000 Per 12 hours
    195000 per 16 hours

One to two minutes? Well then i guess it could be done in 12 hours. So safe to estimate that some people take about 12-28 hours to fully upgrade a champ. This gets very exhausting spending over a day of ones life and free time and then have to adjust.
    Last edited by DemonicAries; 09-17-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: had to cool off and stop being an ***

well you can't expect to have everything within the first week of playing on every character, in almost 2 weeks i've got 5 tier 3 built champs and I'm 40k short of being able to have a tier 3 build on the new champ. I've spent over 400k on my leatherhead alone to figure out how things work in the game. I use 195k as a target goal because that is the cost of buying a champ, full tier 3 badges, tier 3 workouts, and weapon. I figure out my build before spending a single coin on a champ and the concept usually works out with minor tweaking. Of course I don't always go with tier 3 badges but I have a goal to reach before making a decision, and I will not play a champ without a full build unless it's for a daily.

I personally don't consider it a grind because i'm playing competitively and i'm having fun. I'm not playing the game to max out all the champions, it's just a by-product of playing the game. I enjoy going up against good teams that will last a whole plunderball match time but in between those matches I have really fast ones.

As far as how much time it takes, it's the same amount of time for everybody. Does it make somebody a jerk because they have the ability to play more, or make somebody garbage because they don't have the time to play much? No it doesn't. Take my Tournament team for example, we all have different schedules and amounts of time that we can play each day. I of course play a lot because I play video games, it is what I do. Other members don't have that luxury and range from 2-8 hours of playtime each day and honestly I couldn't ask for a better team and not once have we had complaints from our team on how much things cost. I've made the biggest coin sacrifices on how to make builds so the guys that have limited time only have to make a build once per character.

I know you tried to pick apart my post with technicalities but there is a method to my madness, plus whatever you got left over you can spend on emotes, costumes, or a head start on the next champ you want to build.

I said all that was needed to say, and stand by it.

I have noticed that every time I use a coin or experience boost I never receive any extra highlight bonuses. Ever. I almost always do the best on my team. (except the game I had last night against a Mr.Barker)
    I have scored 3 times and have had the other team not even pick up our ball and didn't receive the highlight. Then other times I have gotten the highlight for most balls returned when I haven't even killed one carrying it. once again cause they never even picked it up.
    It would be nice to see more highlights as well.
    As for the game being grindy. I don't believe it is at all. I only have 7.5 hours of game time in but I'm lvl 24 and have nearly maxed a champ out for my lvl only like 2-3 more badges to buy til I unlock more. I have also bought next for 25000. It would be more fair if the coin per game matched to a % with your lvl. I mean things get more expensive but you get paid the same....short road to poverty that is. lol.
    If they atleast made the badges champion bound then you could at least try out new builds with a champ without having to rebuy it all when you need to switch one out. I like how you can't just buy a set and use them for all Champs thou. if that was possible you could just buy 5 of everything then coin would be worthless..
    (like my league account...sitting on 230000ip and nothing to buy lol)

Quote Originally Posted by PopUrHeadz View Post
    I have noticed that every time I use a coin or experience boost I never receive any extra highlight bonuses. Ever. I almost always do the best on my team. (except the game I had last night against a Mr.Barker)
    I have scored 3 times and have had the other team not even pick up our ball and didn't receive the highlight. Then other times I have gotten the highlight for most balls returned when I haven't even killed one carrying it. once again cause they never even picked it up.
    It would be nice to see more highlights as well.
    As for the game being grindy. I don't believe it is at all. I only have 7.5 hours of game time in but I'm lvl 24 and have nearly maxed a champ out for my lvl only like 2-3 more badges to buy til I unlock more. I have also bought next for 25000. It would be more fair if the coin per game matched to a % with your lvl. I mean things get more expensive but you get paid the same....short road to poverty that is. lol.
    If they atleast made the badges champion bound then you could at least try out new builds with a champ without having to rebuy it all when you need to switch one out. I like how you can't just buy a set and use them for all Champs thou. if that was possible you could just buy 5 of everything then coin would be worthless..
    (like my league account...sitting on 230000ip and nothing to buy lol)
    I call BS on that League ip sir. beta player since day one. and I plan on playing this game just as much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast