Thread: Ace insane potential

Ace insane potential

Patch 1.1 brings many great fixes and additions to the game. One of the major gameplay type changes is the scaling of hex duration with stun. I like this change, even though I feel like effected champions should have had their badges refunded. However, I do not feel that certain classes abilities were taken into account when this change was implemented.

For example. Ace has 3 abilities that prevent enemies from casting spells, all of which have 10 seconds or less cool down and all scale with hex duration. With full hex duration ace will have a 7.5 second silence and two 2.5 second stuns. Don't worry though because of energy issues ace cannot stop you from casting the entire game. With the low cost of scrambler and dash attack it is possible in theory to stop a single character from casting for more than of 1 min.

Now while there are other factors that with stop things like this from happening the potential is just too high. I don't believe any player is skilled enough to execute this chain perfectly for that long and I do not think any team is bad enough to let it happen. But a good player could certainly stop a character from casting for 20 seconds. This is not good for the game and should be at least looked at.
    Last edited by Drewfreez; 12-17-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Bad math

Quote Originally Posted by Drewfreez View Post
    Patch 1.1 brings many great fixes and additions to the game. One of the major gameplay type changes is the scaling of hex duration with stun. I like this change, even though I feel like effected champions should have had their badges refunded. However, I do not feel that certain classes abilities were taken into account when this change was implemented.

For example. Ace has 3 abilities that prevent enemies from casting spells, all of which have 10 seconds or less cool down and all scale with hex duration. With full hex duration ace will have a 7.5 second silence and two 2.5 second stuns. Don't worry though because of energy issues ace cannot stop you from casting the entire game. With the low cost of scrambler and dash attack it is possible in theory to stop a single character from casting for more than of 1 min.

Now while there are other factors that with stop things like this from happening the potential is just too high. I don't believe any player is skilled enough to execute this chain perfectly for that long and I do not think any team is bad enough to let it happen. But a good player could certainly stop a character from casting for 20 seconds. This is not good for the game and should be at least looked at.
    It appears the spell info is bugged at the moment and hex duration is not effecting the stuns.

I posted in bugs about ace stuns not being effected I was trying to see how long I could put people to sleep with rook.

They updated all the spell info to reflect it working this way. However, after testing it appears that it is not.