Thread: Question concerning Xavilla's name

Hybrid View

Question concerning Xavilla's name

While playing the game, I never hear Xavilla's name mentioned by the announcer. My question is this: How is her name supposed to be pronounced? Living near the border with Mexico, I've gained an inclination to pronounce the name "Zuh/Zah- Vee- Yuh", but I know that it could be pronounced "Zuh/Zah- Vill- Uh". I realize this is a small issue, but I'd like to get it right. Much appreciated and best regards.

Looks like I may never know the truth. Oh well, thanks bud.

While this doesn't make the argument any more convincing, whenever I see her name I automatically think Zah-Vill-Uh as well. Again this is only my opinion and not necessarily the actual pronunciation of her name.

Zah-Vill-Uh is correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Szordorl View Post
    While playing the game, I never hear Xavilla's name mentioned by the announcer. My question is this: How is her name supposed to be pronounced? Living near the border with Mexico, I've gained an inclination to pronounce the name "Zuh/Zah- Vee- Yuh", but I know that it could be pronounced "Zuh/Zah- Vill- Uh". I realize this is a small issue, but I'd like to get it right. Much appreciated and best regards.
    I would go with Zah-vill-uh like everyone else said. I've been calling her that for years now. However if you type her name into google translate and have it say the name it comes out like you first said Zuh/Zah- Vee- Yuh. So to be honest not really sure because I know in one of the streams even Corey wasn't sure what to call her lol.

Zavilla in google translate: https://translate.google.com/#en/en/Xavilla
    Last edited by Capt_Sno; 10-02-2015 at 01:53 PM.