Thread: Amount of kills should not equal your leaderboard placement

Amount of kills should not equal your leaderboard placement

So how does this leaderboard exactly work? Is it about kills per game or what? Anyway, right now the more you play = the better position you get, doesn't matter if you are good or not. Since there is no ladder right now, i think it would be right to recalculate points given basing on strength of your opponents. Kill higher ranked/higher leveled player - get more points than killing your/lower level. I made it to top7 in 4 days without killing any 40s and i'm still level 32, i just played a lot. This is not prestigeous at all.

ps. this would also somewhat solve backing out issue because level 40s wouldn't be getting much points from weak enemies, so they'd have to accept all games, even against other 40s. but there is a problem with stackers then...
    Last edited by realZephyr; 12-02-2015 at 05:35 AM.

i hate people who just farm bots i spawn camp them

good to know. maybe something on topic? how is it calculated.

I cry in the shower sometimes

wow im so glad im not alone. Are u aware of any support groups

Wins should count for 50 pts so team play is encouraged

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime1984 View Post
    Wins should count for 50 pts so team play is encouraged
    I completely agree with you Hangtime, but 50 pts for a win wouldn't encourage group play because of them still being able to get 50 pts when solo queing as well.
    I think maybe if you are running a full group of 4 then you get upgraded to getting 50 pts a win, that would encourage more group play.

Needs to be some type of cap system for total points then (mel9008) idea.

Plunderball leaderboard

Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime1984 View Post
    Needs to be some type of cap system for total points then (mel9008) idea.
    To build on this, I think the current values feel good for plunderball. Good play is rewarded in a fairly balanced way. The only real problem is the ability to "farm" kills. In the current setup four kills is equal to one ball cap. This is a fair balance. The problem is that you can only cap three balls per game, which is equal to twelve kills. Unlike the balls there is no limit to the kills. The other problem is that if your goal is only to move up the ladder, wins do not provide you with much value either, since they are worth the same as four kills. This is the reason that some players find good value for farming kills from weaker teams.

The only solution for this problem is to give players a reason to not prolong these games, while still rewarding players for good play. One solution would be to increase the amount gained per win, but this would increase the amount of speed run teams. The best solution I have been able to come up with is to limit the amount of score possible to gain in a single game. I think that around 80 would be a fair number to set this line at, with 20 more possible for winning. That score could be reached by two caps and eight kills, a good plunderball game. In a competitive game this would be a great performance, we shouldn't reward players more than this for killing lower players.

Hopefully a solution is found that is fair and balanced, and implemented at the beginning of a season. Changes like this should not be made mid season. -mel9008